August News

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Feed the Beast, Aug 5, 2017.

1. BaxtorUK

BaxtorUK New Member

Easy tiger, it took 2 years to get to this point :)

2. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

I think FTB can do this, if the FTB Team recruit a quest maker for starters in Modded Minecraft.
    I think the best way is just make a guide with FTB Utilities, but quests are not a bad idea.

3. Olegbragunov

Olegbragunov Guest

Can't wait for it.

4. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

Hey I know some people have problems with FPS. Here is a video from Direwolf. Might help.

grandrolf likes this.
  5. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

Yes, very cool video ;)

6. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

He also has a video ehere he talks about his trip to mojang and what he found out about the new modding api they are workung on.

7. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

Seriously : Wheres the modding API ? In forge...
    Thank you Yogscast x)

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  8. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

Um. They are still working on it. No it isn't. Forge. Mojang is working on one for minecraft to help modders. Don't know if they are working with forge devs or not.

9. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

No, I think no.

10. Hambeau

Hambeau Over-Achiever

Nice Yogcast necro post... Have they actually posted anything of relevance since 2013? :D

11. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

Since 2014, nothing new x)
    Just, more RAM for Minecraft, nothing other...

Yes, of course, that's from 2014, but no great news (2015 : nothing | 2016 : nothing | 2017 : working on... like 2014)

12. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

*shrugs* I quite enjoyed the YogLabs series - I got to see quite a few mods I'd never come across before, that I only saw show up elsewhere later on. I guess it depends on how you define "relevance".

13. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

I know, Minecraft is a big work, I'm not making Mojang Bashing, but I'm not going to tell about the API ; Forge is very good.

14. Henry Link

Henry Link Popular Member

Actually you should watch the DW20 video where he talks about what mojang is doing for modding. In it he discusses exactly who sarge is and where he comes from. Sarge was one of the original developers that broke down the mojang code and created MCP. So while not currently part of forge. He is very aware of it.

15. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

16. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

This is actually not correct. Although the last update required some users to increase there ram usage up to 2-3 Minecraft runs fine. It is the modded minecraft that keeps uping the ram amount require not minecraft.

17. Drawdenion

Drawdenion New Member

I really don't want to google. But does anyone know if BC is going to be in the next big pack? Because I seriously miss Oil Power.

18. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

I know a lot of mod devs were waiting to update till 1.12 but i don't know if bc was one.

19. Migmag789

Migmag789 Guest

But... any september news ?

Vendicator and Henry Link like this.
  20. Vendicator

Vendicator Guest

This. I was waiting on the expert pack to come back to play FTB, really want whatever the hell they are doing now to hurry up and be done already! :D