August News

O

owen_pi

Click over were?

Edit: I found it lol, but I cant seem to post the link, just feed-the-beast.com then click packs

Last edited:

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, i'm really surprised that FTB team, after many years finally decide that they will include quests in one of their big packs. Can we expect quests in some of newer packs like FTB Beyond or upcoming 1.12 packs?

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Wow, i'm really surprised that FTB team, after many years finally decide that they will include quests in one of their big packs. Can we expect quests in some of newer packs like FTB Beyond or upcoming 1.12 packs?

Never say never! It's a little early on for us to be able to commit to any new quest updates though.

Reactions: pAznik

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I mean you can't say never on the forums anyway. It is a text based forum and there isn't audio clips...rofl ;)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I mean you can't say never on the forums anyway. It is a text based forum and there isn't audio clips...rofl ;)

No, but you can always post a link to a clip that says "Never" :D

Or, in this case...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
No, but you can always post a link to a clip that says "Never" :D

Or, in this case...
Yeah but is that really you saying it. I means you can post a video of you saying never and then link to that but that just seems like way to much work...rofl

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah but is that really you saying it. I means you can post a video of you saying never and then link to that but that just seems like way to much work...rofl

True, but it's funnier if a noted MIME says it :D

O

owen_pi

So is there a place you can look at the quest book(expert) online? I'm to lazy to install the new pack until the server I play on updates. Also Hambeau I thought Edison and Nikola Tesla hated each other xD

(Or at least were rivals)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So is there a place you can look at the quest book(expert) online? I'm to lazy to install the new pack until the server I play on updates. Also Hambeau I thought Edison and Nikola Tesla hated each other xD

(Or at least were rivals)

The idea was that Tesla was like Gates while Edison was like Jobs... Gates, like Tesla before him, actually produced a real breakthrough product called Altair Basic, versions of which eventually became the de facto Basic language for most of the first computers up to and including the IBMPC.

Jobs, like Edison didn't originate anything, only having his engineers take pieces from various other places and taking credit.

Fun fact: Edison tried to use Direct Current (DC) for his grid, which had a limited transmit and workload range. Tesla's grid, implemented by GE, used Alternating Current (AC) which could be transmitted a lot further on a wire than DC. Edison used to electrocute animals to demonstrate how dangerous AC was.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think the merits of both Tesla & Edison might be best left to a PM post? rofl cause that is just asking for all kinds of cans of worms to be opened...rofl.

H

Holymolyy

Hey, there is no actual objective coded into the quest "The 'The Vat'". Thus, the quest cannot be completed.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
I found that a lot of the quest have detection problems, will we get a improved version and where can I report those?

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, totally missed that. So basically FTB dumped the quest book into the pack without testing it themselves? Sloppy work, guys.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The quest for the pack were not done by FTB as far as I know. They linked the player responsible.