August News

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack News

HQMFront.png

In conjunction with aaronhowser1, we're proud to announce that we have added HQM quests to the expert modes of Infinity Evolved and Infinity Evolved Skyblock. More than two hundred quests guide you through the intracacies of expert mode from chopping your first tree to crafting the end game creative items.

HQMQuests.png
HQMEnd.png

Aaronhowser1 has issue trackers for any bugs relating to the quests. Infinity Evolved and Infinity Evolved Skyblock.

In 1.12 news, we're continuing to update FTB Unstable. A new flagship pack, and eventually expert mode, is getting closer, but we're not there yet.

The legacy launcher crash bug on mac for 1.12 packs has been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Y? You took away the freedom which made expert so good. @Feed the Beast

Some people wanted quest in i.e:e. If you don't want to use them you can throw the book in a river and go on your own progression. Nobody is going to force you to use the book

pretty much this, if you don't like it, don't use it, no one is forcing you.
heck, you can even just disable the mod if it bothers you that much.

Reactions: MagicMage1238

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
pretty much this, if you don't like it, don't use it, no one is forcing you.
heck, you can even just disable the mod if it bothers you that much.
you can just use the player command in game to disable HQM without messing with any mods. That is unless they leave it off by default in which case you'll need to use the player command to turn questing on and get a book.

R

ryandnb

Something I really want to know is, that since mods are going to be available on Xbox one soon. Will FTB some how be available on Xbox? Cause if soo that would be amazing!!!!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Something I really want to know is, that since mods are going to be available on Xbox one soon. Will FTB some how be available on Xbox? Cause if soo that would be amazing!!!!
You mean? On other platforms? Mods are going to be available on all other platforms.

R

ryandnb

I mean that, but I want to know if any mod packs will be available :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

If you are referring to FtB style packs then no.

All other versions of Minecraft... All Consoles, Tablet and phone versions are written in C++, as is the Windows10 version. Modpacks such as those managed by FtB are all written in Java.

Having said that, I know that Mojang appears to be starting to work on their 'API', for want of a better term, that should make 'modding' somewhat compatible between Java and C++ versions. This is comprised of behaviors being configured in JSON files with scripting being done using C#... Some of this is already implemented in the C++ version of MC, hence all the DLC for all versions except Java in the Minecraft store.

I've seen Mojang messages looking for people to work on the new system, and half suspect that the changes coming in 1.13 are to support the new formats.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The current crop of mods won't ever be available on any platform other than Java in their present form. They would need to be completely rewritten and probably lose some functionality in order to work, Java vs console/PE are effectively 2 completely separate games that just happen to play very similarly. Microsofts plan is to allow 'addons' on the their store for console and PE, I get the feeling that these addons are going to be more glorified resource packs than Forge mods though. Time will tell. Even if somehow mods as we know it make it to the platform it seems unlikely that you'll ever be able to get 'packs' on there, at least at this point.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think quite a bit of people are going to get these confused so just a heads up. Modded minecraft is for the Java version on pc. New system being installed on the other versions are not mods. They are called Add ons. They said it will be on all versions but I don't see anywhere to add them to java version just yet but that may come. For more info on Add Ons see the Link Here: https://minecraft.net/en-us/addons/faq/ and the Wiki Link: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Add-on Hope this helps. I don't know whether FTB plans to get into the Add on thing for the other versions but it will not be modded mincraft like packs just stuff you can add to your reg games if I am reading it right.

Reactions: MCAdventureCity

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I think quite a bit of people are going to get these confused so just a heads up. Modded minecraft is for the Java version on pc. New system being installed on the other versions are not mods. They are called Add ons. They said it will be on all versions but I don't see anywhere to add them to java version just yet but that may come. For more info on Add Ons see the Link Here: https://minecraft.net/en-us/addons/faq/ and the Wiki Link: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Add-on Hope this helps. I don't know whether FTB plans to get into the Add on thing for the other versions but it will not be modded mincraft like packs just stuff you can add to your reg games if I am reading it right.

The system I mentioned above was announced at Minecon either last year or the year before. Currently it is only partially implemented and only on all the Minecraft except the Java version, but the videos indicated that this is the direction Mojang is working towards.

[Edit]

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The system I mentioned above was announced at Minecon either last year or the year before. Currently it is only partially implemented and only on all the Minecraft except the Java version, but the videos indicated that this is the direction Mojang is working towards.
Yeah Add Ons that is what I said. the Plug ins part will mostly be used by the devs for add ons when they want to add something new like copper ore. It even says that in the video.

L

litten8

Hardcore Questing Mode isn't in Infinity Evolved. How do you get the quests?

L

litten8

I'm using the legacy FTB launcher because I'm on mac, so I can't see the changelog. But I'll try launching it up again.

EDIT: Oh, I was using 2.5.0. Sorry.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'm using the legacy FTB launcher because I'm on mac, so I can't see the changelog. But I'll try launching it up again.

EDIT: Oh, I was using 2.5.0. Sorry.
All change logs are linked on the forums under tech support link. Just click over there.