Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: Please explain the beds? What is Sethbling doing there? He says "glitchless", but how can that not be considered a "glitch"?

Enjoy. I sure did. :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Did you try closing and opening your world?
Some people have said that closing a world and re-opening it causes better FPS than when it is first loaded.

Also, do you have Ye Olde Fastcraft? 'Cus that is a nice thing to have (I don't think it is default, but it is disabled)

Infinity comes with Fastcraft, although you may have to edit the pack in the client to make sure it's enabled... In the first version of the pack it was disabled by default.

Alanis2

Jul 29, 2019
Got a Problem with Itemducts from thermal dynamics in the recent pack of Infinity after i install the extraction (signalrium) it kinda "freezes" the game i cant open any inventory anymore except for the extraction update for the ducts got it fixed after i restarted the client. anyone else?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: Please explain the beds? What is Sethbling doing there? He says "glitchless", but how can that not be considered a "glitch"?

Enjoy. I sure did. :)

The bed trick is actually fairly clever. Whenever you try to use a bed in the nether or the end, the bed explodes with power greater than that of TNT (seriously) so it makes for a cheap way to do lots of damage.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The bed trick is actually fairly clever. Whenever you try to use a bed in the nether or the end, the bed explodes with power greater than that of TNT (seriously) so it makes for a cheap way to do lots of damage.
As I learned unfortunately with RFTools: any dimension but the overworld will generally have the beds explode, unless coded otherwise.

Also, as they have a large explosion, I'm going to be creating Withers in order to explode the Ender Dragon.

Reactions: jokermatt999

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
And he's claiming that's not a "glitch"? Then what consititutes a "glitch", exactly?

Ah, nevermind, I guess it's a simple vanilla mechanic... so we can classify this as an "exploit" I suppose, that would probably be the correct terminology.

18 minutes to complete the game? LOL Pretty mind boggling but when you watch it, it really isn't all that impressive. Just a good seed and some practice in being optimally efficient. I enjoyed watching it tho.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
And he's claiming that's not a "glitch"? Then what consititutes a "glitch", exactly?

Ah, nevermind, I guess it's a simple vanilla mechanic... so we can classify this as an "exploit" I suppose, that would probably be the correct terminology.

Ah well... 18 minutes to complete the game. LOL Pretty mind boggling but when you watch it, it really isn't all that impressive. Just a good seed and some practice in being optimally efficient. I enjoyed watching it tho.
Unintentional outcomes as a result of improper coding or unforeseen circumstances. Beds exploding is a well known feature.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm back trying to make a Funky Loco frame quarry. I don't want to use AE, so that leaves Terrain Smashers but how do I get the items out if I don't have Thermal Dynamics? EU Transfer Pipes won't connect to it so I can't use a Retrieval Node. EnderIO won't work with multipart Funky Locomotion covers. Any other options?
The two kinds of Block Breaker aren't really an option because one needs RF (how to get it in to it) and the other needs a redstone signal, and neither work with a Retrieval Node either via a transfer pipe or directly.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm back trying to make a Funky Loco frame quarry. I don't want to use AE, so that leaves Terrain Smashers but how do I get the items out if I don't have Thermal Dynamics? EU Transfer Pipes won't connect to it so I can't use a Retrieval Node. EnderIO won't work with multipart Funky Locomotion covers. Any other options?
The two kinds of Block Breaker aren't really an option because one needs RF (how to get it in to it) and the other needs a redstone signal, and neither work with a Retrieval Node either via a transfer pipe or directly.

I am also struggling with this. This might be a completely stupid idea but, what if you added a line of frames that when the previous set of cables get left behind they will push the cables forwards like a caterpillar drive would. I don't have enough resources to test that.

Also what if you moved an actual quarry (BC or Ender) via frames?

Edit: nvm my idea was completely stupid and wouldn't work.

MobsterMuley

Jul 29, 2019
I just started draconic evolution on infinity. I can't get my multiblock storage thingy to activate. I follow the instructions on the tablet and get nothing. Just trying the tier 0 to get started. The blocks for tier 1+ look different than the ones i have. Are they different? Any advice before i give up and move on?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
My goodness... if beds exploding is a well known feature of beds, then I'm sleeping on my floor tonight, thankyouverymuch. You're gonna give me nightmares. :D
I hate to say it but it is! :) even before the End dimension was introduced, beds exploded in the Nether. It's core vanilla!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I hate to say it but it is! :) even before the End dimension was introduced, beds exploded in the Nether. It's core vanilla!
Yeah if you want to set your spawn point to unique locations in other dimensions that doesn't allow beds, you should use the Natura "Obelisk". It has been specifically designed to work in places like the Nether.
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Obelisk_(Natura)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism? How can that be the cause when TreeOres apparently tried to register an ore under a null name?
EXACTLY!
I disabled TE to start with, and a Mekanism error came up (the good ol' ElectricBow crash report), so I thought "that must be a TE dependancy thing" so i enabled it (not disabling TreeOres) and the same crash report as linked, so I disabled that, and then Mekanism played up again... SO I disabled that, and it worked just fine...
Mekanism has a habit of not crashing correctly (i.e. not giving nice crash reports, either just saying "NO FREAKING ELECTRICBOW!" or "It was another mod, blame them")

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
EXACTLY!
I disabled TE to start with, and a Mekanism error came up (the good ol' ElectricBow crash report), so I thought "that must be a TE dependancy thing" so i enabled it (not disabling TreeOres) and the same crash report as linked, so I disabled that, and then Mekanism played up again... SO I disabled that, and it worked just fine...
Mekanism has a habit of not crashing correctly (i.e. not giving nice crash reports, either just saying "NO FREAKING ELECTRICBOW!" or "It was another mod, blame them")
Mekanism seems to be kinda infamous for crashing ^^