Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xeLe

Jul 29, 2019
That rather depends on what you want to do. But simplest and most common is to use a ME interface. Items pumped by conduits into the interface enters the ME network. Items set to be kept in stock in the ME interface can be pumped out by the conduits.

I want that my items from my MFR machines (for example the grinders) get pumped trough ender IO item conduits into the ME storage, but I also want to be able to send items like wheat for my breeder from the ME storage trough the item conduits to the breeder.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could have an interface that's set up to hold Wheat (and anyhting else) and extract from that with any piping system. If you want to insert into the same Interface you just need to leave at least one empty (in otherwords unconfigured) slot. Bear in mind, if you are likely to have multiple different items coming in at the same time, that it might slow extraction should there not be enough slots for it to dump into. (not usually significant though)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I want that my items from my MFR machines (for example the grinders) get pumped trough ender IO item conduits into the ME storage, but I also want to be able to send items like wheat for my breeder from the ME storage trough the item conduits to the breeder.
You could just use ME import/export bus on the machines. But if you want to use the conduits then the ME interface is the way to go. Just pipe the items from the machines into an interface, and set an interface to export the wheat and have a conduit pull that out and into the breeder.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
The problem comes when its at 99% , it says net error
0592f9f80c067c886fe31559fc825932.png

Tried with the 3 different options and on internet explorer too, so if you can download it im sure its something about antivirus, but i disabled it and can't make it work

It does seem likely that the problem may be on your end. Have you been able to download FTB before? If not, maybe it has something to do with your location. Maybe a VPN could help?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an item that can charge my TiC tools from my inventory (i.e. a lappack that you don't have to wear)? I like wearing my bound armour, but I don't like how quickly my tools lose their charge (instamining with hammer - 400k RF just isn't enough).

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an item that can charge my TiC tools from my inventory (i.e. a lappack that you don't have to wear)? I like wearing my bound armour, but I don't like how quickly my tools lose their charge (instamining with hammer - 400k RF just isn't enough).
Tried TE Capacitors? They have to be on your hotbar, but work reasonably well

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO has a wireless charger that will charge any block/item in your (invenory/hotbar - not sure) that has an RF buffer.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is it in most packs that makes the End's sky look like tv static? It's rather annoying and kills my frames.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Normally, I only see that static on higher render distances, but in most of the 1.7 packs I'm getting that static at every render distance. It also makes the dragon impossible to see until it hits me.
I'm almost certain a Vanilla change around ~MC 1.5-1.7 (I can't remember exactly) made it so that you could see the sky no matter what render distance you had. Which allows players who were playing on Tiny/Short to view the sky.. and also makes that static effect in The End appear for everybody.

Although, the static you're explaining seems.. odd - Vanilla's static is almost unnoticable, and definitely doesn't intrude with gameplay ~ you'll always be able to see the Ender Dragon even when he's only visible against the sky. Could you perhaps take a screenshot, or something? ;o

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of fps lag how laggy are jabba barrels? I am trying to use no AE2 for this playthrough of 1.7.10 so I am looking at alternatives, if anyone knows any for storage I'm down to try and add anything.

Also is there anything like the Buildcraft mining well that also handles lava?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
In terms of fps lag how laggy are jabba barrels? I am trying to use no AE2 for this playthrough of 1.7.10 so I am looking at alternatives, if anyone knows any for storage I'm down to try and add anything.
Shouldn't be worse than anything else. Also, MFR has Deep Storage Units that are basically barrels that can store about two billion of any single type of item.

Buildcraft quarry if you flood it with water, ExtraUtilities Ender Quarry, QuarryPlus if you have it (may require a PumpPlus as well; not familiar with the mod), or RotaryCraft tunnel bore, to name a few.

The XU ender quarry is probably the most server-friendly of those. It also mines in columns rather than horizontal layers like the BC quarry, so you don't have to wait until it's almost done to get diamonds.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm almost certain a Vanilla change around ~MC 1.5-1.7 (I can't remember exactly) made it so that you could see the sky no matter what render distance you had. Which allows players who were playing on Tiny/Short to view the sky.. and also makes that static effect in The End appear for everybody.

Although, the static you're explaining seems.. odd - Vanilla's static is almost unnoticable, and definitely doesn't intrude with gameplay ~ you'll always be able to see the Ender Dragon even when he's only visible against the sky. Could you perhaps take a screenshot, or something? ;o

I0MTYne.png
This was a pic of me on one of the highest render distances and the Ender dragon is right in front of me after hitting me, but completely invisible unless point blank(about as close as that cloud in front of me). The dragon is completely invisible against the sky/static/background where it should be visible even on a low render distance. The static background is far more annoying on a low render distance, but after researching it, it seems it's supposed to be this way? I don't know who decided that the screen should look like static all the time, but I hate it.

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
It does seem likely that the problem may be on your end. Have you been able to download FTB before? If not, maybe it has something to do with your location. Maybe a VPN could help?

Well i have just tried it right now in work's pc and it works, will try it at home and see if it goes

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
What are some useful crops to grow in FTB Infinity (1.7.10)? There are so many new things to grow that I just have no idea where to start. I currently have three 5x5 gardens with Pam's cotton and one 5x5 garden of sugar cane.

Well i have just tried it right now in work's pc and it works, will try it at home and see if it goes

Good luck with that. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What are some useful crops to grow in FTB Infinity (1.7.10)? There are so many new things to grow that I just have no idea where to start. I currently have three 5x5 gardens with Pam's cotton and one 5x5 garden of sugar cane.

Good luck with that. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(
soy beans... soy can be used for everything, soy milk replaces the need for milk, soft tofu can be used in place of eggs, and other things, and firm tofu replaces meats.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
I0MTYne.png
This was a pic of me on one of the highest render distances and the Ender dragon is right in front of me after hitting me, but completely invisible unless point blank(about as close as that cloud in front of me). The dragon is completely invisible against the sky/static/background where it should be visible even on a low render distance. The static background is far more annoying on a low render distance, but after researching it, it seems it's supposed to be this way? I don't know who decided that the screen should look like static all the time, but I hate it.

.. Yeah, something's definitely wrong, there. That dragon isn't even camo'd, it's just outright invisible. Rendering bug? I definitely remember one of my older computers having trouble rendering a lot of the complex-model things in Minceraft (being in a room of chests on that thing was practically a death wish) -- perhaps this is related?

( Also, does that ender static look a lot more intense than normal? Hm. I could have sworn it was a darker colour, too... )

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Look up the Pump.

I believe that's what I'm using to pump lava... IIRC it's built by adding a tank (8 glass) to the Mining Well.