Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering something about HQM, and maybe this is the wrong place to post this, but I will probably get a good answer here:

How do you make locked quests visible/invisble in HQM?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sort of, I would think it is linked to papyrus which is made from the pith of the papyrus plant. And sugar is made from the pith of the sugarcane plant. So...
But I suppose any plant with a lot of cellulose you could mash up and make into "paper".

I think in RL both papyrus and sugar cane are biologically part of the reed family. but I may be wrong.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Simplest way of doing this is with ComputerCraft and some kind of bundled cable. But you would need a version of CC and a supplier of bundled cable(MFR, PR, RP2) that are compatible due to recent changed to the api.
You can do something simple as this:
I wrote this a while back for someone who wanted something like what you are looking for. I dont remember quite what it looks like, but I think it is a moving wave.
Code:
while true do
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",3)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",7)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",15)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",31)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",63)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",127)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",255)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",511)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1023)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1022)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1020)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1016)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",1008)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",992)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",960)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",896)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",768)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",512)
        sleep(.5)
        redstone.setBundledOutput("back",0)
        sleep(.5)
end
Use this for reference for the colours: http://computercraft.info/wiki/Colors_(API)
They are simply added together in binary above.

If your pack does not have CC bundled support(like 1.6 packs with CC1.63) you can use this method to translate redstone strength signals from the computer to colour channels:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-24#post-840501

It is probably also possible to use the MFR Programmable Rednet Controller. It has wave functions that you might be able to use, but you would need to offset it for each vertical line somehow so you actually get a moving wave.

Lastly you can probably also build something out of RP2/Project red logic gates. But would be somewhat bulky.
There is a CC peripheral in bigreactors you can plug in directly

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am crashing every time i try to load but its not giving me a crash report. This is the console log. I cant figure it out from that log though

Wait is cofh lib a required mod?

I can't think of anything else that could be causing this.

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an diamond-locked ender chest stolen on a SMP server. I know that frequency is to be considered compromised and not used anymore. But now I'm kinda worried, can the person who has it change the frequency while retaining the player lock? If so, is there anything I can do short of not using ender chests anymore altogether? I have a suspicion of who might have it and there's been some mutual hostility between the two of us, so I doubt asking nicely is gonna help.
So far nothing is being pulled from my other frequencies but I'm worried about them setting up an ender storage channel sniffer thingy and remotely robbing my entire base.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
They can dye the chest, to get other frequencies. But I don't know of any way of automatically doing it, aside from the crafting recipe varient of this. Not sure if it keeps the player lock though, I've never used other players ender chest frequencies.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an diamond-locked ender chest stolen on a SMP server. I know that frequency is to be considered compromised and not used anymore. But now I'm kinda worried, can the person who has it change the frequency while retaining the player lock? If so, is there anything I can do short of not using ender chests anymore altogether? I have a suspicion of who might have it and there's been some mutual hostility between the two of us, so I doubt asking nicely is gonna help.
So far nothing is being pulled from my other frequencies but I'm worried about them setting up an ender storage channel sniffer thingy and remotely robbing my entire base.
If it's been diamond locked, that means that when a player opens it, they will only see their frequency of that color. Like: if I had a white-blue-orange ender chest with 64 cobble in it, then applied a diamond, when I next opened it up I would see my private inventory for that color combination. However, anyone else that has a white-blue-orange ender chest without a diamond applied can access my 64 cobble. Basically the diamond means that, instead of connecting to the public spectrum of color codes, this chest now connects to a player's private spectrum.

TL;DR: If you put diamonds on your ender chests, don't worry. There's no way anybody else can access that stuff without being you.

Reactions: PierceSG and rhn

Cira

Jul 29, 2019
What would you consider to be the best Starter modpack? any MC version.
Difficulty: Its a 4 year old computer that modpacks like Tolkiencraft breaks (figure about 8 fps on Tolkiencraft)

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
If it's been diamond locked, that means that when a player opens it, they will only see their frequency of that color. Like: if I had a white-blue-orange ender chest with 64 cobble in it, then applied a diamond, when I next opened it up I would see my private inventory for that color combination. However, anyone else that has a white-blue-orange ender chest without a diamond applied can access my 64 cobble. Basically the diamond means that, instead of connecting to the public spectrum of color codes, this chest now connects to a player's private spectrum.

TL;DR: If you put diamonds on your ender chests, don't worry. There's no way anybody else can access that stuff without being you.
This is incorrect as I just tested it with my friend in 1.7.10 infinity pack and he can take stuff from my ender chest which is locked and when he changes the frequency of retains my lock I think you are thinking of the vanilla ender chest.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Difficulty: Its a 4 year old computer that modpacks like Tolkiencraft breaks (figure about 8 fps on Tolkiencraft)
My computer is a 2010 Mac book pro (Awful) and it runs infinity with fast craft quite well around 30-40 FPS.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You could get a lot of value out of the 1.6 packs most likely. Something like the DW20 1.6 pack would be a decent introduction if you play it along with watching some of DW20s lets plays from that version.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
My computer is a 2010 Mac book pro (Awful) and it runs infinity with fast craft quite well around 30-40 FPS.

If you are looking for packs with little lag I say use FTB lite 2 and add whatever mods you would like to use

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Depends on the pack, but I don't think there are any great methods. Electrical Engines are fairly bulky, and the MFR cable has a fairly limited throughput. There is also Power Converters, but i think even that is limited by it's buffer.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the pack, but I don't think there are any great methods. Electrical Engines are fairly bulky, and the MFR cable has a fairly limited throughput. There is also Power Converters, but i think even that is limited by it's buffer.
Nvm. I found mekanism universal cables

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You could get a lot of value out of the 1.6 packs most likely. Something like the DW20 1.6 pack would be a decent introduction if you play it along with watching some of DW20s lets plays from that version.

Ive been having stellar performance with my 1.7.10 pack. I have left out all biome mods, twilight forest, mystcraft and a few others so that might have something to do with it.

ax1m

Jul 29, 2019
when a player opens it, they will only see their frequency of that color.

Actually that's not how it works at all. The best explanation I've read about the locking mechanism is that it adds the name of the player who locks it as sort of a fourth "color". Other players can still interact normally with the chest, open it and take stuff, pick the chest up (it will even show the name of the owner in its tooltip), and, as I have learned in the meantime, change the channel without it losing it's player lock.
Changing channels is easy to automate using computercraft, I've seen setups that can cycle through all 4096 possible channels in mere minutes. I don't necessarily want to post this here but if you look for it you will find it. With all of this in mind, I shall now consider all my ender chests compromised, and switch my base entirely to tesseracts. Also, complain at chickenbones with a demand for change.