Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Are there any plans to give minimum estimated system requirements for certain modpacks?

Are there any simple ways to speed up or streamline a modpakc and game? I'm using Direwolf20, and I'm mostly a magic fan, but I like the automation option. Running with 4gb ram here, and it's not exactly easy for me to play.
I think @BarbasTheDog has it spot on here - I found I just literally couldn't run DW20 1.7.10; my PC is low end (32bit OS and 3gb of RAM :/ ) however I've had much more success using FTB Lite 2 (thought I'd better stick to 1.6.4) and porting in a few extra mods I really liked.

If you try that or FTB Lite 3 and add in a few mods to give it the feel of DW20 (though you might have to give Botania a miss...!), you may find an enjoyable modpack that doesn't melt down your computer!

Cheers,

- GwnG

Uzkul

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there, first time poster here :)

Does anyone knowx what Hell Blood is used for (I'm playing the DIrewolf20 mod pack for MC 1.7.10) and my enderthermic tank just pumped this stuff up out of the nether.
But I can't find any info on this particular thing.
Screenshot added.
hell blood.png

Thank you!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Does anyone knowx what Hell Blood is used for (I'm playing the DIrewolf20 mod pack for MC 1.7.10) and my enderthermic tank just pumped this stuff up out of the nether.
Screenshot added.
View attachment 14805

Thank you!

Hmm looks like it might be from Biomes O'Plenty, which suggests it probably hasn't got a use...

In other news, Hello @Uzkul! *waves*

Uzkul

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, that means there is random blood flowing around the nether.
Anyway, I'll keep it stored, you never know I want to decorate my house with a blood fountain.

Thank you both!

LoverIan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a major bonus to using Natura? It gives a bit of world gen, but I'm not sure if I want it. It says it makes the Nether harder, and the Nitro Creeper is not only a bit difficult, but the trees seem to mostly just have a benefit of aesthetics and stuff
Botania actually seems to get my interest now and then. I am trying to figure out which mod has the (what I call) ugly bulb plants. Slime, Air, and other plants that just show up everywhere.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Is there a major bonus to using Natura? It gives a bit of world gen, but I'm not sure if I want it. It says it makes the Nether harder, and the Nitro Creeper is not only a bit difficult, but the trees seem to mostly just have a benefit of aesthetics and stuff
Botania actually seems to get my interest now and then. I am trying to figure out which mod has the (what I call) ugly bulb plants. Slime, Air, and other plants that just show up everywhere.
the one that spew seeds that plant themselves? pneumaticraft

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Natura does add a lot of trees, plants and other world gen indeed. But there are tons of useful stuff in the mod. Berry bushes, Cloud blocks, Redwood trees!, Barley, Cotton!, Barley and wheat flour, seed bags, Obelisk!, and ofc all those wooden items of varying colour and texture with no tree breeding required(ties in with bibliocraft). And not to forget the OP Ghostwood tree for charcoal production.

It also allows you to actually live in the nether by making basic vanilla crafting recipes from nether materials.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is something that causes complete blindness? Like maybe a potion effect or something? IIRC blindness still let's you see but not very far

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
I know this happens in the deep dark sometimes. I've heard night vision potions may cause it, but I never had problems with myself

LoverIan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. They have great mechanics, but I just have never any use for them.
Speaking of stuffs, are the FPS+ and Optifine compatible

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
-snip-
And not to forget the OP Ghostwood tree for charcoal production.
-snip-

If you don't mind me asking, what is OP about Ghostwoods? I ask because I am using FTB Lite 2 as a basis for a custom personal pack, and I was going to put in TiCon (TiC?) but not bother with Natura as I was trying to save on too much worldgen - I'm putting Pam's Harvestcraft in for food and cotton, so didn't see the need - am I missing out considerably by doing that, do you think? Cheers,

- GwnG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
-snip--snip-

If you don't mind me asking, what is OP about Ghostwoods? I ask because I am using FTB Lite 2 as a basis for a custom personal pack, and I was going to put in TiCon (TiC?) but not bother with Natura as I was trying to save on too much worldgen - I'm putting Pam's Harvestcraft in for food and cotton, so didn't see the need - am I missing out considerably by doing that, do you think? Cheers,

- GwnG
They grow incredible fast to medium large sizes. They also have large amounts of leaves if you go for biofuel. It is not Extra Trees potential equivalent, but it is incredible potent for just a stroll to the nether and a MFR farm.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
They grow incredible fast to medium large sizes. They also have large amounts of leaves if you go for biofuel. It is not Extra Trees potential equivalent, but it is incredible potent for just a stroll to the nether and a MFR farm.

Ah I didn't realise! Cheers for that @rhn :) I shall remember that for my AgSkies treefarm...

Landin81

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all!
Im new to thaumcraft and trying to get the golem alchemy core unlocked, but I have now research ALOT in the book and still cant see it with the other cores.

What do I need to research to unlock it?

Uzkul

Jul 29, 2019

Screenshot added.
View attachment 14805

Thank you!

Now, what I did find out about this: Right click the tanks with that hell blood, and you get a blood bucket.
I then tried to set up my Ender IO fuild conduits to only allow to extract only that blood (and not the lava which is extracted by other fluid conduits only allowing lava)
But right clicking the fluid conduit with that blood bucket crashes the game every single time. so don't do that :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there is a way to ignite tnt using AS? As far as I know redstone blocks won't do anything while the ship is "built"

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
FastCraft is always decreasing my fps...
Fastcraft, optifine and all other such things vary massively as per user in performance alteration.

For me, Optifine does pretty much nothing but Fastcraft allows me to SSP Infinity, so I'm happy with it :3

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Hi all!
Im new to thaumcraft and trying to get the golem alchemy core unlocked, but I have now research ALOT in the book and still cant see it with the other cores.

What do I need to research to unlock it?

I think you need infusion, the decanting core, and the empty core, although I usually get empty and fill mixed up.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there is a way to ignite tnt using AS? As far as I know redstone blocks won't do anything while the ship is "built"

When the ship is compiled in flight mode, it becomes an entity, so no blocks function afaik, unless something has changed in the past few versions.