Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
How to setup a proper flux (Not fluix, the one with the powered soil and universal seeds and such) crystals farm. Im in ME4, and a screenshot would be helpful.

Last edited:

Nodiri

Jul 29, 2019
I mighty need the tech support but the link is off(?), i am having troubles with FTB,i have a notebook i7-4700 2.4 GHz, windows 8.1, 7.88 usable RAM(wich i dedicated 7 for FTB), 64 bits, nvidia geforce gtx870m. When i launch modpakcs it just take forever to launch and in the game i just run with 10-18fps even in very low configs, is this right? my pc doesnt support these modpacks?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Should only need 4 gig of ram try reducing it in configs to 4

^This. the Java/MC combo seems to barf all over itself if you allocate more that 4GB to the client.

Also. if you dedicate 7GB for MC you're choking the crap out of Windows, which requires 1.5GB ram to run smoothly (more if you have other programs running in the background), and you only leave .8GB... This causes Windows itself to have to use your swapfile on disk to avoid crashing and thus slows down every single operation your computer tries to do.

If you are running a 1.7.10 based pack you might want to throw the "fastcraft" mod into the mod folder. 1.7.10 reintroduced a render bug (1.7.2 didn't have it) that "fastcraft" can help with.

Also, what version of Java are you running?

Last edited:

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, what is a good way to mark used quarry area for Ender Quarry?
Currently taking away dirt layer to replace with cobble, but not very nice... Any better way?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Currently taking away dirt layer to replace with cobble, but not very nice... Any better way?
Mine somewhere you don't care about, like a Mystcraft age, and then just use a QuarryPlus :p No mistaking where you have mined then ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I dont want to create mystcraft stuff, causes lag
Ehm maybe about 2 years ago when there was a bug for a short while.. But suit yourself.

Problem is the Ender-Quarry is made to make in indistinguishable where you have quarried and not. That is the whole purpose of it. If you want to use it large scale in the same area, then I would recommend setting up small pillars, torches or something in the corners of each quarry plot. If you are paving over the entire plot with cobble you might as well just leave an empty pit IMO.

But I strongly recommend mining somewhere else than the overworld...

Nodiri

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies, i set up the RAM usage for 4GB, way better now that my computer doesnt try to implode =).. it apparently improved something as i can get around 20+ fps at some points. I am playing Direwolf pack 1.7.10 and tolkiencraft 1.7.10 also. Can you tell me where i get this Fastcraft? in the FTB launcher says Java 1.7.0_67, should i change? Thanks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the replies, i set up the RAM usage for 4GB, way better now that my computer doesnt try to implode =).. it apparently improved something as i can get around 20+ fps at some points. I am playing Direwolf pack 1.7.10 and tolkiencraft 1.7.10 also. Can you tell me where i get this Fastcraft? in the FTB launcher says Java 1.7.0_67, should i change? Thanks
I would consider turning the RAM down further. 3.5GB should be more than plenty(I am running TPPI+added mods and ATG terrain gen + x64 Texturepack with 3.75GB). Generally the less the better(as long as it got enough ofc).

Fastcraft:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820
(There is this amazing new thing called Google :p)

bear2022

Jul 24, 2014
i cant create a single player world in tolkien craft 2. I have downloaded the map if you are wondering.

Nodiri

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, yeah google would solve this thing but i was really convinced that my specs werent enough. Thats why i came here so someone could enlighten this noobie doubt of mine, thanks all.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you don't mind leaving giant holes everywhere, the World Hole upgrade will do just that. Craft one up and place it next to the Ender Quarry block, and it'll replace the blocks it mines with air rather than dirt.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you don't mind leaving giant holes everywhere, the World Hole upgrade will do just that. Craft one up and place it next to the Ender Quarry block, and it'll replace the blocks it mines with air rather than dirt.
or use a world hole upgrade, then you can't miss the mined area.
But you should make sure to use the pump upgrade as well then. Or else the quarry will just leave the fluids in the pit, which causes a lot of updates each time a block is mined(takes up quite a bit of resources for your PC/server), right?. Or does the Ender-Quarry do something special to fluids in World hole mode?

And with World Hole and Pump upgrades you basically have the same as a QuarryPlus+PumpPlus solution. The QuarryPlus eliminates all fluid updates by sucking it up with the pump and blocking fluids off with frames.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
But you should make sure to use the pump upgrade as well then. Or else the quarry will just leave the fluids in the pit, which causes a lot of updates each time a block is mined(takes up quite a bit of resources for your PC/server), right?. Or does the Ender-Quarry do something special to fluids in World hole mode?

And with World Hole and Pump upgrades you basically have the same as a QuarryPlus+PumpPlus solution. The QuarryPlus eliminates all fluid updates by sucking it up with the pump and blocking fluids off with frames.
I... have no idea how the EnderQuarry handles liquids. But, since it mines straight down, rather than layer by layer like the BC quarry, I'd be surprised if it caused anywhere near as much lag as the flooded BC quarries people used back in the days before auto-pumping quarries.