Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Not fireball if you seen his twitch series he still don't have enough power on forgecraft

A few weeks back on the server series, Direwolf was building his reactor, and according to some spreadsheet calculations Fireball said that he found that a 7x7 with 5 fuel rods and diamond blocks for cooling were in the "sweet spot" which produced more power with lower fuel cost... somewhere around 21,000 RF/t. and he also has a similar turbine setup.

Dire implemented the reactor in this episode and has since added the turbine. He also went on to create a Computercraft program that adjusts the reactor and the turbine to keep the turbine spinning at a relatively constant speed around 1800 rpm.

[edit] Feel sorry for Fireball... His batteries at his "ground" base are kept constantly charged and are capable of producing 11.1 billion RF/t, poor guy :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know how to unlock the eldritch tab from Thaumcraft?
I'm on the Direwolf20 pack v1.03 and I've pretty much every research available to me completed, and some research in the eldritch tab should be available (the primal focus), but the eldritch tab itself is not showing up.
I thought that if I used the Crimson Rites book the eldritch tab would open up, but it still hasn't appeared

EDIT: talk about timing, just at the moment I made this post, guess what showed up...

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, playing FTB Resurrection, with GT5, got a question.
I have a BatBuffer for 4 slots, filled with 4 Small Batteries with 32voltage. Buffer connected with 3 other LV machines with 1 Tin Cable (http://imgur.com/epSz4iJ - screen of setup).
If i run only one machine, everything works fine, but if i start any other machine, cable catches on fire.
Then, if I leave BatBuffer with only one Battery, no fire at all, if all 3 machines are running.
Why is that? Is it because if only one machine is running, cable takes/gives 30EU, and if second machine added, then cable transmitts 60EU, thus catches fire? Or, because 4 batteries in BatBuffer output 32*4=128EU? But then again, i tried Copper cable, it starts burning too.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
What mods are there that don't have any worldgen (or doesn't have any necessary for progression)?
I've already got NEI, a minimap and openblocks. What others are there?

(EDIT: and possibly for 1.8.1????)

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What mods are there that don't have any worldgen (or doesn't have any necessary for progression)?
I've already got NEI, a minimap and openblocks. What others are there?
WAILA, JABBA, IronChests, Refined Relocation, Buildcraft, Logistics Pipes, Witchery (I think), Botania (you can grown flowers with Botania's bonemeal), Twilight Forest, Agricraft, Hunger Overhaul AND Applecore, Mariculture (I THINK, I don't know), Warp Book, Tinkers Construct... there's loads...

Reactions: L0neGamer

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I think you actually need worldgen stuff with Witchery
Mariculture needs aluminum and titanium

Also: Blood Magic, EnderIO and I think Railcraft

You're hardly gonna find mods updated to 1.8 yet, at least not larger ones.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
I think you actually need worldgen stuff with Witchery
Mariculture needs aluminum and titanium

Also: Blood Magic, EnderIO and I think Railcraft

You're hardly gonna find mods updated to 1.8 yet, at least not larger ones.
Pretty sure you don't need world gen for Witchery. Only thing I can think of is the Hob Gobblin Hut, but that doesn't need to be gened, those little things seem to spawn EVERYWHERE.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give me a list of mods that generate vanilla mob spawners other than what spawns normally in vanilla?
Pretty much every dungeon mod
Thaumcraft has these dungeons and the spawners beneath Greatwood trees
I don't know which mod adds those but there are these scarecrows which sometimes have spawners beneth them
Witchery has these stone circles which have witch spawners

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much every dungeon mod
Thaumcraft has these dungeons and the spawners beneath Greatwood trees
I don't know which mod adds those but there are these scarecrows which sometimes have spawners beneth them
Witchery has these stone circles which have witch spawners
Those scarecrows are also from Witchery :p

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, playing FTB Resurrection, with GT5, got a question.
I have a BatBuffer for 4 slots, filled with 4 Small Batteries with 32voltage. Buffer connected with 3 other LV machines with 1 Tin Cable (http://imgur.com/epSz4iJ - screen of setup).
If i run only one machine, everything works fine, but if i start any other machine, cable catches on fire.
Then, if I leave BatBuffer with only one Battery, no fire at all, if all 3 machines are running.
Why is that? Is it because if only one machine is running, cable takes/gives 30EU, and if second machine added, then cable transmitts 60EU, thus catches fire? Or, because 4 batteries in BatBuffer output 32*4=128EU? But then again, i tried Copper cable, it starts burning too.
Use a 4x cable. Every battery produces 1 amp, so it's producing 4 amps of 32 eu per tick.
Edit: to elaborate, pay attention to the cable's amp limit. Also note that this limit ignores the eu in the amp. So for example you could send 32 eu/t down a line at 1 amp and a 1x cable will be fine, but send 4 eu/t at 4 amps and it burns.

Last edited:
Reactions: GammaGoblin

Primal1031

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I am running a FTB 2 Lite server and am experiencing problems with energy cells. When I try to craft a leadstone energy cell, I can not craft it. I also cannot make a hardened energy cell. However, using NEI cheat mode enables me to get a cell and place it in the world. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Is this a bug?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hello! I am running a FTB 2 Lite server and am experiencing problems with energy cells. When I try to craft a leadstone energy cell, I can not craft it. I also cannot make a hardened energy cell. However, using NEI cheat mode enables me to get a cell and place it in the world. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Is this a bug?
Are you certain that you're using all the right items? Look up the recipe in NEI (hover your cursor over the cell and press 'R') to check.

If that's not the issue, are you sure that the server and your client have the same configs?

Primal1031

Jul 29, 2019
Are you certain that you're using all the right items? Look up the recipe in NEI (hover your cursor over the cell and press 'R') to check.

If that's not the issue, are you sure that the server and your client have the same configs?
I've triple checked both recipes and yes, they are both the latest versions of FTB Lite 2

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I've triple checked both recipes and yes, they are both the latest versions of FTB Lite 2
The only things I can guess are that either the server or your client has some mod added that changes the order in which the other mods register their blocks and items (any mod that adds a block or an item could do that), or the recipe is banned for some reason.

If the server has a mod that your client doesn't, you probably wouldn't be able to join. If this issue was caused by a mod on your client, but not on the server, I think this issue would've popped up somewhere before and fixed.

If the admin used Minetweaker to ban the recipe, it wouldn't show up on your client at all while you're logged in, if I correctly understand how that mod works.

Hmm. Two questions:
1. Can you craft hardened energy cells OK in singleplayer?
2. If you get your admin to send you a copy of the server's entire config folder and then replace your local config folder with that, does the issue continue to happen?

Primal1031

Jul 29, 2019
The only things I can guess are that either the server or your client has some mod added that changes the order in which the other mods register their blocks and items (any mod that adds a block or an item could do that), or the recipe is banned for some reason.

If the server has a mod that your client doesn't, you probably wouldn't be able to join. If this issue was caused by a mod on your client, but not on the server, I think this issue would've popped up somewhere before and fixed.

If the admin used Minetweaker to ban the recipe, it wouldn't show up on your client at all while you're logged in, if I correctly understand how that mod works.

Hmm. Two questions:
1. Can you craft hardened energy cells OK in singleplayer?
2. If you get your admin to send you a copy of the server's entire config folder and then replace your local config folder with that, does the issue continue to happen?
1. Tested and can craft in single player.
2. I am the admin and I haven't done any real modification to the pack.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
1. Tested and can craft in single player.
2. I am the admin and I haven't done any real modification to the pack.
Hmm. I guess the only other thing to do would be to see if this bug still exists in a completely clean instance (i.e. re-download the server, put it in a new folder, and force update your client), and if so, report it.