Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Any light weight mods that auto-fortune ores?

I don't want to add BC and quarry plus just for that. I already have blood magic but I was hoping for something more akin to the block breaker plus. Also I'm trying to get rid of mfr so no block smasher.
Depends on what mods you already have. If you have Thaumcraft you could add Thaumic Tinkerer and use the block that left/right clicks, and give it a fortune pick
You could add Mekanism and do ore quadrupling... but this isn't very "light"
Just for mining you could add the fortune upgrade to the Ender Quarry in Extra Utilities
Errrrr...

Other than that, what lfja said :p

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what mods you already have. If you have Thaumcraft you could add Thaumic Tinkerer and use the block that left/right clicks, and give it a fortune pick
You could add Mekanism and do ore quadrupling... but this isn't very "light"
Just for mining you could add the fortune upgrade to the Ender Quarry in Extra Utilities
Errrrr...

Other than that, what lfja said
TT is more than likely going back in.

Mekanism.. Never again. We lost a whole world do to random chunk corruption from on of the mek machines

Fortune upgrade - I am considering banning this, cause it drops xp, right?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know but why would you want to do that?

Because the AA is slow and we were thinking of something a bit faster, especially since the AA takes multiple hits to a block to break it. That's where the breaker plus holds its appeal, its instant

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
A solution to the xp problem is a command block activated by a timer. ExtraUtils adds a command to get rid of exp orbs, and if you had a timer activating that every 30 seconds or so would kill them all server wide, while still allow people to pick up *most of the normal orbs

Reactions: pc_assassin

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Because the AA is slow and we were thinking of something a bit faster, especially since the AA takes multiple hits to a block to break it. That's where the breaker plus holds its appeal, its instant
Take it as the price you have to pay for auto fortune (in addition to the durability on the pick). Frankly, I never really used auto fortune in the past since usually you get enough stuff from quarries.

1. Because when you break a fortune able block it drops xp.
A quarry should not make ores drop XP. If it does for a specific ore then it is the fault of the mod that adds that ore.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Take it as the price you have to pay for auto fortune (in addition to the durability on the pick). Frankly, I never really used auto fortune in the past since usually you get enough stuff from quarries.

A quarry should not make ores drop XP. If it does for a specific ore then it is the fault of the mod that adds that ore.

Alright I will take your word for it

Sent from my Uber-powerful tablet that I got for $40 new. -Using potato waves!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
A solution to the xp problem is a command block activated by a timer. ExtraUtils adds a command to get rid of exp orbs, and if you had a timer activating that every 30 seconds or so would kill them all server wide, while still allow people to pick up *most of the normal orbs
that would probably cause more lag than xp orbs, presuming the orbs were not constant

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
That's what we used, because the quarry plus dropped orbs that never went away. We ended up with something like 50,000 of the buggers in a single quarry plus.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yah but I would have to place them all over underground

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly!! This ends now! NO MORE LAG!!!!!