Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i have 2 questions:

1st: I've been messing around with Mystcraft. I know how everything works and i allready played a bunch of maps and packs with mystcraft but never got to the point to ''build'' a nice age for mining.
I allready saw a bunch of newer and old tutorials but i can't get the thing to work. And because i'm playing SP, sometimes i get crashes and bugs for all the ages i'm creating.
I need a simple spreadsheet, or site, or video where it says what pages go where and done! Because i know i'm close to break my savegame anytime if i keep creating bad unstable ages.

2nd: People that is playing DW pack: Is everyone allready playing 1.0.3? Am i the only one on 1.0.2?

Sorry for the long post.
Tks

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
ftb direwolf 20 1.7.10 what is the wrecking enchant for?
Think someone the other day found that another enchantment are RailCraft enchants for the crowbar.

edit: wow my english really isnt today.

Last edited:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i have 2 questions:

1st: I've been messing around with Mystcraft. I know how everything works and i allready played a bunch of maps and packs with mystcraft but never got to the point to ''build'' a nice age for mining.
I allready saw a bunch of newer and old tutorials but i can't get the thing to work. And because i'm playing SP, sometimes i get crashes and bugs for all the ages i'm creating.
I need a simple spreadsheet, or site, or video where it says what pages go where and done! Because i know i'm close to break my savegame anytime if i keep creating bad unstable ages.

2nd: People that is playing DW pack: Is everyone allready playing 1.0.3? Am i the only one on 1.0.2?

Sorry for the long post.
Tks
Btw, there is a bug with DW20 1.7.10 pack and Mystcraft worlds in that because DW20 pack changes the way ores are distributed, Mystcraft always determines that the age is unstable, and you will always have instability.
You can use "/myst-twi" to disable instability for an age. Think that was mentioned near the end of the last Forgecraft1 series (what they were playing before the current Forgecraft2 series). I have the instability in all my ages in 1.0.1, so don't know if it's been fixed in later versions.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm is it new(1.6) that lightning will strike and kill groups of animals?
Had just transplanted four cows into a new MFR breeding pen, turned away and gone inside to look at the slaughtering setup. It started raining and I hear a zap, boom, zizzle and I come back out and all four cows are gone :p

I have been hit by lightning before myself, seen empowered creepers etc. But will lightning really kill groups of creatures like that lol? Have it always done that?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm is it new(1.6) that lightning will strike and kill groups of animals?
Had just transplanted four cows into a new MFR breeding pen, turned away and gone inside to look at the slaughtering setup. It started raining and I hear a zap, boom, zizzle and I come back out and all four cows are gone :p

I have been hit by lightning before myself, seen empowered creepers etc. But will lightning really kill groups of creatures like that lol? Have it always done that?
Yeah, it does 7 hearts(?) IIRC on any mob within 3 blocks radius of lightning strike

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
but AE2 has it's own facades
AE1 doesn't.
Ok, i have 2 questions:

Extra Utilities adds the Deep Dark, a dimension filled with lots of darkness (obviously), hostile mobs, and about twice as much ore as the Overworld, if I remember correctly. It's pretty good for automining, since you don't really want to hang out there in person for too long.

If you're not opposed to adding a new mod, RFTools adds a Mystcraft-like system of custom world generation system that doesn't have instability, as long as you keep your dimension supplied with power.

Reactions: McJty

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i have 2 questions:

Tks

I have not seen anyone reply to this part and I learned about it a week or 2 ago - On the launcher the third (I think) label across says "Recommended" If you click on it you can see 1.0.3. select it and your done.

When I asked on a different forum as well as being a little abusive like 'I should have known that' I also saw the "schedule" which was something like a week after it is available like this it will become recommended, I have not been back there to ask why it has been about 2 weeks or if I have again missed something I should know.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I have not seen anyone reply to this part and I learned about it a week or 2 ago - On the launcher the third (I think) label across says "Recommended" If you click on it you can see 1.0.3. select it and your done.

When I asked on a different forum as well as being a little abusive like 'I should have known that' I also saw the "schedule" which was something like a week after it is available like this it will become recommended, I have not been back there to ask why it has been about 2 weeks or if I have again missed something I should know.

The reason it hasn't gone recommended yet may be that bugs have been found... I know with TiCo, sometimes you finish a pour and it looks like you haven't collected your item (and in my case the mold), but if you look into a different inventory like a chest or even the smeltery controller the items suddenly appear in your inventory.

There may be more things like this going on that are being worked on. Also, since nobody is paid to do this stuff real-world occurrences may be pre-empting the process.

Reactions: Padfoote

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
There may be more things like this going on that are being worked on. Also, since nobody is paid to do this stuff real-world occurrences may be pre-empting the process.

Please don't take my comment as being a complaint about those doing the work, I fully appreciate they are doing good work (I was going to say a good job, but it is not a job but voluntary labor) and vastly under appreciated.
I am sure the harsh reply I mentioned was from someone not working on the process.

The fact that the update is not yet recommended is only an issue if you are unaware that under "Recommended" is the option to use the latest update.

My mention of the delay in the update becoming recommended was more to relate that I have not returned to the forum to ask (or to look) due to the reply I received.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't take my comment as being a complaint about those doing the work, I fully appreciate they are doing good work (I was going to say a good job, but it is not a job but voluntary labor) and vastly under appreciated.
I am sure the harsh reply I mentioned was from someone not working on the process.

The fact that the update is not yet recommended is only an issue if you are unaware that under "Recommended" is the option to use the latest update.

My mention of the delay in the update becoming recommended was more to relate that I have not returned to the forum to ask (or to look) due to the reply I received.
Dire tweeted about 2 hours ago the it's being pushed to reccomended tonight

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any lighting source in modded minecraft that is similar to the redstone lamp (can be turned off and on) but lights a bigger area?

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason why I can't craft grinder - disenchanter from mfr in DW 20 1.7?

Also is there any block ( beside BC gates ) which can detect items in the world and emit a redstone signal? ( range > 1 block )

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason why I can't craft grinder - disenchanter from mfr in DW 20 1.7?
No idea. Are you on singleplayer? Did you put the items in the crafting grid but it doesn't give anything?

Also is there any block ( beside BC gates ) which can detect items in the world and emit a redstone signal? ( range > 1 block )
Pneumaticcraft's universal sensor can do that

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. Are you on singleplayer? Did you put the items in the crafting grid but it doesn't give anything?
I actually play on an homemade and hosted server ( lan ).. NEI's shift click doesn't update the crafting grid and using a regular crafting table makes no difference, nor placing the item myself. It shows the item in the "output" but I can't move it from there :\
I already have several grinders running, but I made them in 1.0.2, now I'm playing 1.0.3...

Pneumaticcraft's universal sensor can do that

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, I have both downloaded from the FTB launcher, the only addition to client side is fastcraft.

For the others I just copied the configs from the previous versions.. Should I delete those and let the server run theirs?