Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it possible to colour the EnderIO ME conduits? If so then how?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it possible to colour the EnderIO ME conduits? If so then how?
If there's any way to, combining them with dye in a crafting table or hitting them with a paintball in a Paint Applicator would be the ways to do it. However, these may not work, and you may just have to use regular, paintable ME cables instead or disconnect them with a wrench.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Probably not but I think you can whack it with a wrench to connect/disconnect sides
If there's any way to, combining them with dye in a crafting table or hitting them with a paintball in a Paint Applicator would be the ways to do it. However, these may not work, and you may just have to use regular, paintable ME cables instead or disconnect them with a wrench.
Yeah tried using dyes etc. and the IC2 Painters. Didnt work.
Also tried wrenching to disconnect, guessing this is a 1.7 feature. Playing in 1.6.4 (TPPI)
I will just have to keep track of which ME conduit is which subnetwork in my head I guess and use normal coloured ME cables where I can/have to.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah tried using dyes etc. and the IC2 Painters. Didnt work.
Also tried wrenching to disconnect, guessing this is a 1.7 feature. Playing in 1.6.4 (TPPI)
I will just have to keep track of which ME conduit is which subnetwork in my head I guess and use normal coloured ME cables where I can/have to.
I was referring to AE2's own Color Applicator (whose name I did not remember correctly). I don't know if IC2 painters work on regular ME cables, much less EnderIO cables.

Do regular ME cables connect to EnderIO's version? If so, you could use regular ME cables most of the time and save the EnderIO cables for when you need to cross over an EnderIO power/item/etc. conduit line.

Also, are you using AE1 or AE2?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I was referring to AE2's own Color Applicator (whose name I did not remember correctly). I don't know if IC2 painters work on regular ME cables, much less EnderIO cables.

Do regular ME cables connect to EnderIO's version? If so, you could use regular ME cables most of the time and save the EnderIO cables for when you need to cross over an EnderIO power/item/etc. conduit line.

Also, are you using AE1 or AE2?
I am using AE1 in 1.6.4 TPPI. And yeah normal ME cables connect up directly with EIO ME conduits. So that is all good. My only concern was when using long stretches of EIO ME conduits in walls(due to being able to hide them better with EIO facades being compatible with all blocks) and then later thinking it is my normal ME network and not the subnetwork. Would just have been nice to be able to tag them somehow so I would know that these conduits are my green subnetwork and these are my white subnetwork for example. And those would never connect with each other if I accidentally or on purpose build them too close.

And yeah the IC2 Painters(most colours anyway) works perfectly on the AE1 cables and blocks like Access terminals etc. Much better efficiency as each piece of dye applied to a painter can paint a lot of cables. Also great for making your different consoles better fit into your building style.

Example:
Wtoeswo.png

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Ok not sure if this goes here but maybe. I play on a server that uses bwg4 for terrain generation and has it set to islands which i am fine with. I want to get an oblivion frame to make my bee breeding much much faster. Magic bees is installed so there is a legit way of crafting the oblivion frames but takes alot of time. I have gotten everything i need exept 1 bee that is generated with hives. The attuned bee is only found from deep hives from world generation or something along those lines. I have travelled alot of distance and still havent found anything. Wintery Meadows Unusual Mystical Forest and such have been found genertated in their respected biomes. Am i missing something or will i have to have a cheated one from the lack of them? Also btw the mods are in 1.7.10. Last time i played with forestry and addons was 1.4.7 and i noticed somethings have changed. Thanks for any help.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok not sure if this goes here but maybe. I play on a server that uses bwg4 for terrain generation and has it set to islands which i am fine with. I want to get an oblivion frame to make my bee breeding much much faster. Magic bees is installed so there is a legit way of crafting the oblivion frames but takes alot of time. I have gotten everything i need exept 1 bee that is generated with hives. The attuned bee is only found from deep hives from world generation or something along those lines. I have travelled alot of distance and still havent found anything. Wintery Meadows Unusual Mystical Forest and such have been found genertated in their respected biomes. Am i missing something or will i have to have a cheated one from the lack of them? Also btw the mods are in 1.7.10. Last time i played with forestry and addons was 1.4.7 and i noticed somethings have changed. Thanks for any help.
Deep Hives are found deep underground in certain biomes. From what I remember it is biomes like extreme hills or magical biomes etc.
You need to go down to y-level 10-15 or something to find them.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Deep Hives are found deep underground in certain biomes. From what I remember it is biomes like extreme hills or magical biomes etc.
You need to go down to y-level 10-15 or something to find them.
great with sky islands extreme hills and magical biomes are hard to find. how about in twilight forest? any of those biomes work?
and thanks for answering so quickly i like your base and pics you do on your base showcase forum gives me lots of ideas to try new things.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
great with sky islands extreme hills and magical biomes are hard to find. how about in twilight forest? any of those biomes work?
and thanks for answering so quickly i like your base and pics you do on your base showcase forum gives me lots of ideas to try new things.
Nah TF is all unique TF biomes.
But according to this
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/where-may-i-find-deep-hives-from-magic-bees.28302/
they spawn in anything classified as "HILLS, MOUNTAIN, or MAGICAL". But you still need to be able to get to Y-level 10-15ish to find them.

You could use mystcraft(if available) to create a palette of biomes for the bees needed. But might be better for all involved if a set of the bees were just spawned in and bred until there were enough drones for everyone to copy from.

Reactions: Padfoote

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am using AE1 in 1.6.4 TPPI. And yeah normal ME cables connect up directly with EIO ME conduits. So that is all good. My only concern was when using long stretches of EIO ME conduits in walls(due to being able to hide them better with EIO facades being compatible with all blocks) and then later thinking it is my normal ME network and not the subnetwork. Would just have been nice to be able to tag them somehow so I would know that these conduits are my green subnetwork and these are my white subnetwork for example. And those would never connect with each other if I accidentally or on purpose build them too close.

And yeah the IC2 Painters(most colours anyway) works perfectly on the AE1 cables and blocks like Access terminals etc. Much better efficiency as each piece of dye applied to a painter can paint a lot of cables. Also great for making your different consoles better fit into your building style.

Example:
Wtoeswo.png
Ah, you're on AE1... Forget everything I said about the color applicator; it's an AE2 item.

If dye crafting and whatever painting device you have access to doesn't work on EnderIO ME cables, you'll just have to find some other way to mark your wall cables. I guess the best you can do is use a colored regular cable wherever your cable line passes through a wall or the floor and wouldn't actually be visible.

Hmm... I just remembered that Buildcraft facades work on AE1 cables. You could run colored cables through your walls and hide them with BC facades, rather than EnderIO facades.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm... I just remembered that Buildcraft facades work on AE1 cables. You could run colored cables through your walls and hide them with BC facades, rather than EnderIO facades.
Yeah using that where ever I can, but the blocks available as facades is so limited(mostly just vanilla, RC and Forestry blocks) and it is apparently impossible to add blocks to the list. That is why I am using EnderIO conduits in the first place, so I can run cables through blocks like Project Red Marble and Chisel blocks.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to create a shutoff for my grinder but I can't find a good way of doing it.
so, anyone have a good idea on how I could solve this problem?

I am just in the middle of a build that may be of help, but if you have space issues that may need to be adapted.

I am assuming the purpose is to generate both mob essence and victims for the blood altar, my build will do that but take vertical space however if your planning to go to tier 6 I believe the space above may be needed.

I am building a cursed earth spawner above a MRF auto spawner above a well of suffering.

The setup (I have only finished the building not the pipes and wiring yet) will be using the same method Dire used in the recent ForgeCraft2 Blood magic setup video to semi automate slates. I am extending the insulated redstone that stops slated being added to the altar to also turn on the spawner (containing villagers) when the altar is under 50% and putting a similar setup on a drum that holds the mob essence that will turn the lights off in the cursed earth room when the drum is less than 50%. I am planning to fully power by advanced photovoltaic cells

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to add an image to my previous post, I will try again

Attachments

• blood altar.png
    blood altar.png
    950.2 KB · Views: 88

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Nah TF is all unique TF biomes.
But according to this
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/where-may-i-find-deep-hives-from-magic-bees.28302/
they spawn in anything classified as "HILLS, MOUNTAIN, or MAGICAL". But you still need to be able to get to Y-level 10-15ish to find them.

You could use mystcraft(if available) to create a palette of biomes for the bees needed. But might be better for all involved if a set of the bees were just spawned in and bred until there were enough drones for everyone to copy from.
well i went looking and magical biomes is what they spawn in and the magical forest from twilight counts and i finally was able to find one hive after about an hour looking and too infernal hives which i thought was only in the nether but always go for the redstone. thanks for the help @rhn

Reactions: rhn

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Yeah using that where ever I can, but the blocks available as facades is so limited(mostly just vanilla, RC and Forestry blocks) and it is apparently impossible to add blocks to the list. That is why I am using EnderIO conduits in the first place, so I can run cables through blocks like Project Red Marble and Chisel blocks.
but AE2 has it's own facades