Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Best way to get some ender pearls? I can't find any endermen, but when I do, they always teleport elsewhere to never return...
I've got a couple ender lilly seeds (5 to be exact) and I've planted them on endstone but they take FOREVER to grow anyway...
Bear in mind that sleeping will/might cause the Ender Lily seeds to not grow. Their growth cycle is linked to the day/night cycle. So if you sleep every night, you are going to have to wait a lot longer than 4 days(4 days planted on End stone, 7 days on dirt/stone/whatever.).

An easy way to grind a lot of mob drops including Ender Pearls is getting some Cursed earth and setting up a mobfarm with some MFR grinders. You can do the ritual to spawn it at any time, you dont need the Sigil. Just make sure the conditions are met: midnight, darkness, enchanting table, redstone ring, etc.). You will need a Silk touch shovel however, unless you build the farm up around the ritual spot.
(I suggest several Iron golems/TC golems to help against all the mobs while you work near the Cursed earth, or think it can be "disabled" without bursting in flames by lighting it in newer versions).

Mob essence from the Grinders can in addition be used in Auto-spawners to spawn more Endermen.

Made a post about how I set this up in my Monster world if you want inspiration:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-658213

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Best way to get some ender pearls? I can't find any endermen, but when I do, they always teleport elsewhere to never return...
I've got a couple ender lilly seeds (5 to be exact) and I've planted them on endstone but they take FOREVER to grow anyway...
Without Hardcore Ender Expansion you can easily go to the End and kill the dragon. You just need some decent armor, a good bow and at least two stacks of arrows.
You just need to save up about a dozen pearls and you'll have all the pearls you'll ever need.

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
MCVersion: 164
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
1.1.3 1.1.2.1
3>2
ret true
CrashLanding
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 389A2A7A281C1E2BE052476F39BA06D5
Remote: 389A2A7A281C1E2BE052476F39BA06D5
Mods Folder: C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\CrashLanding\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\CrashLanding\minecraft\mods
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v 1.1.3 MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1536
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Dec 07, 2014 1:07:47 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This was with the Crash Landing pack!!
you may not have enough ram or if you updated your java to 8 thats your issue

fyCrafter

Jul 29, 2019
MCVersion: 164
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
1.1.3 1.1.2.1
3>2
ret true
CrashLanding
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 389A2A7A281C1E2BE052476F39BA06D5
Remote: 389A2A7A281C1E2BE052476F39BA06D5
Mods Folder: C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\CrashLanding\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\CrashLanding\minecraft\mods
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v 1.1.3 MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1536
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This was with the Crash Landing pack!!

Downgrade Java to Java 7

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It Is just the harvest that you need also if you can you should use a aa and a watering can to speed up the berry growth rate
That's a good way to break your watering can. Tema nerfed them a while back so that they turn into Broken Watering Cans when used by fake players, such as autonomous activators. You can, however, use Reinforced Watering Cans instead, which require bedrockium and a permanent hit to your maximum health.

Or, the green grove ritual from Blood Magic should work on them. Convenient if you want to use the zephyr ritual to pick up any dropped items- it has a really large range, and collects things instantly.

Reactions: Cirom
Jul 29, 2019
How do I get pink slime? It says on the FTB wiki that I'm supposed to use a slaughterhouse to get liquid meat, then extract the pink slime with a fluiduct that has pink slime white-listed, but how I am supposed to whitelist pink slime if I don't have any in the first place?

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
That's a good way to break your watering can. Tema nerfed them a while back so that they turn into Broken Watering Cans when used by fake players, such as autonomous activators. You can, however, use Reinforced Watering Cans instead, which require bedrockium and a permanent hit to your maximum health.

Or, the green grove ritual from Blood Magic should work on them. Convenient if you want to use the zephyr ritual to pick up any dropped items- it has a really large range, and collects things instantly.
Yes I do know this thats why i said if you can probally should have been more clear

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I get pink slime? It says on the FTB wiki that I'm supposed to use a slaughterhouse to get liquid meat, then extract the pink slime with a fluiduct that has pink slime white-listed, but how I am supposed to whitelist pink slime if I don't have any in the first place?
Put a fluidduct on the Slaughterhouse leading to a tank for the meat. After a while the Fluidduct will get clogged with pink slime instead(since it cannot go into the meat tank). Now you simple have to add a second tank to the fluidduct line and the pink slime will fill in there.

Let it run for a while like that and once there is 1000mB of pink slime in the tank you can fill a bucket and use that to filter your itemducts/whatever.

fyCrafter

Jul 29, 2019
Fluiduct Liquid Meat to one tank(openblocks, whatever) fill one bucket with Liquid Meat and connect another Tank to the pipe, blacklist Liquid Meat on that tank using the bucket you just filled.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you need pink slimeballs (for laser drill prechargers, or if you need sticky pistons and don't have access to regular slimes, blue slimes, or a TiCo smeltery and mobs that you can smelt down for their blood or glue), do as rhn said, then take your bucket of pink slime and dump it on the ground somewhere. Wait a while, and it will vanish and leave a tiny pink slime mob behind. I recommend that you use a Slime Embiggening Syringe or two on it, so you'll get more slimeballs. In any case, they behave much like regular slimes, and the tiny ones drop pink slimeballs when killed. I don't remember the chance off the top of my head, but if you kill enough, you'll get slimeballs.

I would also recommend trapping a pink slime in a safari net if you don't plan on running your slaughterhouse continuously, so you can auto-spawn more of them. If, on the other hand, you intend to live off liquid meat, you'll most likely get more than enough pink slime for all the prechargers you could ever use.

Side note: The meat packer will turn pink slime into Raw "Meat" Nuggets, which you can craft into the meat ingots that the same block makes from liquid meat.

Jul 29, 2019
Put a fluidduct on the Slaughterhouse leading to a tank for the meat. After a while the Fluidduct will get clogged with pink slime instead(since it cannot go into the meat tank). Now you simple have to add a second tank to the fluidduct line and the pink slime will fill in there.

Let it run for a while like that and once there is 1000mB of pink slime in the tank you can fill a bucket and use that to filter your itemducts/whatever.
I'm in a situation where I've got two tanks hooked up to a slaughterhouse, one of the has some liquid meat and the other some pink slime. However, the pink slime tank went to 222mb then stopped... Liquid meat still flows fine but no more pink slime is appearing... is this some kind of bug?

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
have different tanks or something and have liquid meat go to one then the pink slime to go to another till you have 1000mb then you will have a way to whitelist but then just place it down and wait till a pink slime spawns and kill it for the pink slime ball

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm in a situation where I've got two tanks hooked up to a slaughterhouse, one of the has some liquid meat and the other some pink slime. However, the pink slime tank went to 222mb then stopped... Liquid meat still flows fine but no more pink slime is appearing... is this some kind of bug?
The slaughterhouse only spawns pink slime very rarely and in very small amounts. The 222mB probably came from its internal buffer. You just need to keep killing animals to get enough for a whole bucket(it takes quite a lot of kills).

But bright side is that you only really need one bucket ever. Use it to spawn the slime and keep using the syringes to enlarge them. Always keep one of the small ones alive to enlarge again until you got all the slime you will ever need(since it is only really used for the Laser drill, a stack should get you through your worlds lifetime just fine).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The slaughterhouse only spawns pink slime very rarely and in very small amounts. The 222mB probably came from its internal buffer. You just need to keep killing animals to get enough for a whole bucket(it takes quite a lot of kills).

But bright side is that you only really need one bucket ever. Use it to spawn the slime and keep using the syringes to enlarge them. Always keep one of the small ones alive to enlarge again until you got all the slime you will ever need(since it is only really used for the Laser drill, a stack should get you through your worlds lifetime just fine).
A STACK!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?! How many laser drills does master want o_O
I say 12 (slime balls) is more than enough...

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever you do, always keep a bucket of pink slime or a pink slime in a safari net. You never know how many laser drills you need ;)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Laser Drills? Why would you need more than 1 when you can use Orechids from Botania ;)
Can orechids produce yellorium, though? I've seen several posts where people use laser drills with yellow foci to produce yellorium faster than their BigReactors use it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A STACK!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?! How many laser drills does master want o_O
I say 12 (slime balls) is more than enough...
Well since it is the Prechargers that need the Pink Slime Balls, you need to multiply each drill by 2-4. And I usually go for 4 simply for symmetry :p
But yeah a stack is overkill, but you might as well make certain you don't have to go through all the bother again. It should be easy enough to get that many with a few syringes and a Looting weapon.

Have actually been planning a build for my current TPPI world with quite a few Laser Drills for an underwater mining field. Obviously they are not all going to be fully powered. Maybe just all be sharing the power of one maxed out. In that case I could easily use a stack of slime.