Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
???? How can it vary on method used??? :confused:
Was using a ME storage bus. Thought it was a good way to store produce of my mana bean farm.
I bit the bullet however and made 58 ME block containers and 6 ME drives for it all instead :p That should be plenty storage and I can use priority then to void excess once a particular aspect gets full.
Depending on what release you are using. There was a bug (I believe it was with filing cabinets) that different input methods resulted in different amounts being able to be stored :p

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
You can transmute most vanilla items, along with those that are pretty common in ore dictionaries/other mods (e.g. copper). I believe the alechemicist chests/bags are done too, so you can have storage on the go, and better storage back at base... Dunno if you can use it to transmute items yet though.
Okay, but how do I get started with transmuting then? I can't seem to figure it out.

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
What pack comes closed to the original FTB ultimate?
I really loved that pack, but is is kind of outdated.
Are there any more recent packs that contain (roughly) the same mods?
I don't care if they are third party packs (or on another launcher?).

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
What pack comes closed to the original FTB ultimate?
I really loved that pack, but is is kind of outdated.
Are there any more recent packs that contain (roughly) the same mods?
I don't care if they are third party packs (or on another launcher?).
There is a pack in development that should be similar to how ultimate was. At least most mods besides xycraft

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No, unless you misunderstood what I meant by transmute, then it is as it always has been.
You craft items with the minium stone, to get something new e.g. 8 iron + minium stone = 1 gold, etc.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
The recipes don't show up, at least they didn't the last time I checked. Are we talking about the 1.7 version 362?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The recipes don't show up, at least they didn't the last time I checked. Are we talking about the 1.7 version 362?
I haven't used it for 1.7, as I didn't think there was a release for 1.7 :p

But I would assume it is the same... If not then the table may be how it works o_O

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
In RotaryCraft, I can't seem to get the Bedrock Breaker to work. Before making one in Survival, I figured I'd try to create one in Creative so I could try it out without wasting resources. I hooked up four well-lubed Hydrokinetic Engines to a 70-block waterfall, resulting in an output of 2,097 MW at 32 rad/s. At the end of this setup, I plonked the Bedrock Breaker, and made sure the hole on its back was aligned with the Hydro Engines. However, it doesn't break any Bedrock at all. When I click on it with the Angular Transducer, I get the message: "Insufficient Power! Bedrock Breaker requires 4194304 W. Power is being received from (...). Bedrock Breaker Receiving 2,097 MW @ 32 rad/s."

In other words, the game tells me that the machine receives 500 times the amount of power it requires, but it still isn't enough. What did I do wrong?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used it for 1.7, as I didn't think there was a release for 1.7 :p

But I would assume it is the same... If not then the table may be how it works o_O
No, it's not the same... not at all. Things and stuff changed, so... I'll forgo it for now.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In RotaryCraft, I can't seem to get the Bedrock Breaker to work. Before making one in Survival, I figured I'd try to create one in Creative so I could try it out without wasting resources. I hooked up four well-lubed Hydrokinetic Engines to a 70-block waterfall, resulting in an output of 2,097 MW at 32 rad/s. At the end of this setup, I plonked the Bedrock Breaker, and made sure the hole on its back was aligned with the Hydro Engines. However, it doesn't break any Bedrock at all. When I click on it with the Angular Transducer, I get the message: "Insufficient Power! Bedrock Breaker requires 4194304 W. Power is being received from (...). Bedrock Breaker Receiving 2,097 MW @ 32 rad/s."

In other words, the game tells me that the machine receives 500 times the amount of power it requires, but it still isn't enough. What did I do wrong?
I'm sure @madnewmy could help you out better than I could... But I would assume you aren't actually producing enough power?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to say it now, I don't know anything about RoC/ReC but what I do know is (IIRC) there are 3 variables, speed/torque/something else...
Are you sure all of them are set correctly?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There is a pack in development that should be similar to how ultimate was. At least most mods besides xycraft

^This.

It will be called "Codename: Resurrection".

If you are free you can sometimes catch Slowpoke testing the new pack live on his Twitch stream... He usually starts around 4AM Pacific time, which would be 1AM Eastern, 8 or 9PM GMT.

The first day of testing they said that 90-95% of the pack is identical to Ultimate, and whatever mods haven't updated to 1.7 have been replaced with near identical work-alikes.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
^This.

It will be called "Codename: Resurrection".

If you are free you can sometimes catch Slowpoke testing the new pack live on his Twitch stream... He usually starts around 4AM Pacific time, which would be 1AM Eastern, 8 or 9PM GMT.

The first day of testing they said that 90-95% of the pack is identical to Ultimate, and whatever mods haven't updated to 1.7 have been replaced with near identical work-alikes.
So what is replacing Traincraft? :3

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to say it now, I don't know anything about RoC/ReC but what I do know is (IIRC) there are 3 variables, speed/torque/something else...
Are you sure all of them are set correctly?
Speed, Torque and Power, I believe it is.

Power = Speed x Torque, so that's really two variables.

The speed is set at 32 rad/s, which should be plentiful. Either way, it seems like Torque is the important part, as the machine requires 4.194 MW and 16384 Nm Torque. My rig delivers two thousand MW, and sixty-five million Nm. That shouldn't only be sufficient, it should be a total overkill. But the machine remains unmoving, and the bedrock remains unbroken.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Try upping it from 32rad/s to something like 256rad/s (or something)? When in doubt check the RoC handbook