Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The different factories use different base machines; Smelter/Crusher/etc.
Sooooo.... I REALLY dirty workaround? Have a setup like so:
P
C
P
C
P

P = Pipe
C= Some sort of auto crafting table thingy
And this is how it'd work. The BOTTOM crafting table is the one that creates the factory, the one above creates the base machine (I will use smelter as an example).
So you request to make the smelter, and it will make the smelter, then output the smelter to make the factory straight away afterwards.
Then when you ask to make an elite factory (in a different table) it will use the smelter one you have created.
But if you had it set up to create a crusher factory, then when you request the elite (after creating the factory) then it will create you an elite factory crusher :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is there a decent (and regularly updated) resource for finding out which mods have been updated to 1.7.10?

Or will I have to go round and check each site for each individual mod I want to add to a pack?

Someone probably maintained a thread for that at some point, similar to this thread for 1.8 mods:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-updating-to-1-8-progress-spreadsheet.49772/

I looked around a bit but couldn't find one... maybe someone has a link or thread name? Also, the Mod Discussion thread has a large number of sub-threads about individual mods that announce updates as well as others announcing new threads.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Someone probably maintained a thread for that at some point, similar to this thread for 1.8 mods:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-updating-to-1-8-progress-spreadsheet.49772/

I looked around a bit but couldn't find one... maybe someone has a link or thread name? Also, the Mod Discussion thread has a large number of sub-threads about individual mods that announce updates as well as others announcing new threads.
Here's one for 7.10 http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.7.10.html

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Quick query - do the radiation goggles from Reactorcraft have a recipe yet? I'm running v25z and am not seeing one, but I found posts stating that this is a problem with an outdated version... posted before v25z even existed.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
What's the current RP2 frame alternative and is it any good? Last I heard it was RiM or one of its derivatives.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
What's the current RP2 frame alternative and is it any good? Last I heard it was RiM or one of its derivatives.
You can try Funky Locomotion by RWTema. Currently one of the most stable frame mods(1.7 only however.) You can also try Calclavia's MFFS.

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
1. Why do forestry tree saplings not stack correctly? (They're the same type of sapling) I need them to stack for my mfr tree farm to work correctly.
2. When you breed 2 types of trees together, that don't make a DIRECT other tree, is that called hybrids? Lets say I use blue mahoe for sappiness, and another tree for height. How do I get a direct mixture of their traits? Like how do I get a tall tree with the sappiness of the mahoe?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
The different factories use different base machines; Smelter/Crusher/etc.
Sooooo.... I REALLY dirty workaround? Have a setup like so:
P
C
P
C
P

P = Pipe
C= Some sort of auto crafting table thingy
And this is how it'd work. The BOTTOM crafting table is the one that creates the factory, the one above creates the base machine (I will use smelter as an example).
So you request to make the smelter, and it will make the smelter, then output the smelter to make the factory straight away afterwards.
Then when you ask to make an elite factory (in a different table) it will use the smelter one you have created.
But if you had it set up to create a crusher factory, then when you request the elite (after creating the factory) then it will create you an elite factory crusher :)

Thats a good idea, Might aswell just use steves factory manager aswell as just a general supplier pipe that just keeps the inventory stocked with the needed materials, boom factory blocks made in less of a block space than a logistics system.

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1412468826][/DOUBLEPOST]
1. Why do forestry tree saplings not stack correctly? (They're the same type of sapling) I need them to stack for my mfr tree farm to work correctly.
2. When you breed 2 types of trees together, that don't make a DIRECT other tree, is that called hybrids? Lets say I use blue mahoe for sappiness, and another tree for height. How do I get a direct mixture of their traits? Like how do I get a tall tree with the sappiness of the mahoe?

They have different traits, I think you can use a filing cabinet, or maybe it was the advanced filing cabinet, but one of those will allow you to hold multiple of the same item ID ignoring NBT data IIRC.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of updates for mods which only include things such as stability updates, I mean I can take or leave 99% of mod updates but crashing annoys me so bad.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
1. Most likely because they have different traits. Drop them in a Treealyzer (with honey drops) and compare them.

2. Drop the hybrid saplings that you get from crossing the two trees into a Treealyzer. Take the saplings with the most copies of the traits you want (i.e. size, height, sappiness, sapling drop rate, etc.), grow them, and cross them. Rinse and repeat until you get a sapling with ALL the traits you want. Then, if you want, crossbreed it with itself over and over again until all the other traits are the same, so the saplings stack.

Long, complicated, and time-consuming? Yes. But it's actually easier than what farmers have been doing for hundreds, if not thousands, of years- they didn't have DNA-analyzing technology, or insta-growing bonemeal technology.

Alternatively, you could try throwing a sapling into an ExtraBee machine, to see if that works.

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
1. Most likely because they have different traits. Drop them in a Treealyzer (with honey drops) and compare them.

2. Drop the hybrid saplings that you get from crossing the two trees into a Treealyzer. Take the saplings with the most copies of the traits you want (i.e. size, height, sappiness, sapling drop rate, etc.), grow them, and cross them. Rinse and repeat until you get a sapling with ALL the traits you want. Then, if you want, crossbreed it with itself over and over again until all the other traits are the same, so the saplings stack.

Long, complicated, and time-consuming? Yes. But it's actually easier than what farmers have been doing for hundreds, if not thousands, of years- they didn't have DNA-analyzing technology, or insta-growing bonemeal technology.

Alternatively, you could try throwing a sapling into an ExtraBee machine, to see if that works.
Thanks for the help, I understand tree breeding totally now! I actually have been trying to breed all day, and Its going great. I have blue mahoe, plum, and others.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm building a 1.7.10 modpack and I want to add Equivalent Exchange. Unfortunately, I wasn't around during EE2, so I don't have a clue on how it might work now. Is there any sort of mod spotlight or tutorial out for it? I really don't want to build a bunch of everything and throw it together and hope for a result.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Assume I'm a moron. How the hell do I use the "World Hole" upgrade for an Ender Quarry. I assume this fills in the quarried area so i dont have a gaping hole in the world.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Assume I'm a moron. How the hell do I use the "World Hole" upgrade for an Ender Quarry. I assume this fills in the quarried area so i dont have a gaping hole in the world.
I'd actually presume it to be the exact opposite, as the normal behaviour of the ender quarry is to replace whatever it mines with dirt. Hence why I would presume this upgrade to just leave out the dirt replacement part and make a gaping hole in the world.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'd actually presume it to be the exact opposite, as the normal behaviour of the ender quarry is to replace whatever it mines with dirt. Hence why I would presume this upgrade to just leave out the dirt replacement part and make a gaping hole in the world.
That's....a really good theory. I'm a bit embarassed I asked on his thread now. To the delete-button!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Either that or remove bedrock... but I doubt it. Haven't tested.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Appreciated regardless. Turns out the darn thing actually places dirt that you don't even need to supply. How very friendly :)
thats the point of the ender quarry pretty much, a more server friendly RF powered BC quarry alternative