Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

How can I get hold of more rubber? I'm going to the swamp area near my base and I use the tree sap extractor, but is there a way to improve yield?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I can't seem to open "Spoils bag", I have like 10 of them stored up in a chest here. Am I doing it wrong?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
I've planted trees, and it does help. Going to expand on that. I was thinking more about some efficient machinery though.

Spoils Bag 6297

They drop from some mobs I think.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I've planted trees, and it does help. Going to expand on that. I was thinking more about some efficient machinery though.

Spoils Bag 6297

They drop from some mobs I think.
Then getting an extractor from IC2 will increase how much rubber you get per raw one. That is if you have a power system set up though.

As for the spoils bags, have you tried right clicking them when your inventory was empty? Or right clicking them onto an empty chest?

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I have to wield the bag. Alright, it works now. Oooh bucket of force. Exotic stuff :D

One more question: I am trying to make an overclocker module. And I need a Tin Plate for this.

I've built a rolling machine, and a redstone engine is attached to it.

I've placed a line of redstone dust to a lever, and I have pushed the lever. The redstone glows, and the engine pumps.

I've placed four iron ingots in the rolling machine, but the button marked: "Iron plate, click to craft" does nothing when I click. The energy meter is showing nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to feed redstone dust into the machine like a fuel somehow?

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I have to wield the bag. Alright, it works now. Oooh bucket of force. Exotic stuff :D

One more question: I am trying to make an overclocker module. And I need a Tin Plate for this.

I've built a rolling machine, and a redstone engine is attached to it.

I've placed a line of redstone dust to a lever, and I have pushed the lever. The redstone glows, and the engine pumps.

I've placed four iron ingots in the rolling machine, but the button marked: "Iron plate, click to craft" does nothing when I click. The energy meter is showing nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to feed redstone dust into the machine like a fuel somehow?
If you need a tin plate, the rolling machine is not the right tool for the job. As for powering it, Redstone engines do not make enough power for it. Your best solution to cheaply power it would be a hobbies steam engine. There are other options depending on which mod pack you are playing.

Edit: a tolling machine does not work for anything... Corrected it to rolling machine

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing FTB unleashed. Is this generally agreed to be a good pack?

Right, I will try the Hobbyist's Steam Engine! Thanks.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing FTB unleashed. Is this generally agreed to be a good pack?

Right, I will try the Hobbyist's Steam Engine! Thanks.
It was a good pack in its time. Currently most people are playing the few 1.7. 10 packs that are floating around (I'm playing on the rebirth gaming pack on their server ) and waiting for the main ftb 1.7.10 packs to be released.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Oh it's a bit out of date? I want the pack that is considered the gold standard... advice?
Right now we are in a limbo state it seems. Direwolf's latest video seems to hint towards a release of his 1.7.10 pack coming very soon, Eyamaz is hinting towards their release ( https://twitter.com/Eyamaz/status/518465672892784640) and once these packs are released a new gold standard will be determined. My best suggestion since you seem new to molded minecraft would be to find a server with someone willing to teach you some and just play around to learn the mods.

DrOnline

Jul 29, 2019
I am just playing around with the game right now. Building some coke ovens and whatnot. It's not for amateurs this, there is so much stuff to learn.

But what if I am building stuff in a nice world using FTB Unleashed and I want to get on this 1.7.10 thing later on, is there a way to keep my world and use new mods on it?

Shm00py

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a generic HQM file for modpacks? Im looking for one that has the major mods but i am having trouble finding anything except ag skys, crash landing etc. The tppi looks nice but its not finished yet. Thanks

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a generic HQM file for modpacks? Im looking for one that has the major mods but i am having trouble finding anything except ag skys, crash landing etc. The tppi looks nice but its not finished yet. Thanks
No, because HQM allows the pack creator to create a certain progression route specific for each pack. And usually the packs the have HQM have certain restrictions/recipe changes. E.g. Crash landing, you ain't getting machine frames early on, Let it End you won't be able to farm early-mid game, Running Red you need the Blood Altar for everything... the list goes on. Different packs need to use quests in a specific way. Usually a player won't make an HQM pack for a personal pack. BUT if you wait a little while the new 1.7 official packs WILL have HQM so you could probably steal their quests if you want to... I dunno

Shm00py

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, it seems that a generic one with the major mods would be nice for learning the mods ie GT, MEk and some of the other more complicated tech trees.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, it seems that a generic one with the major mods would be nice for learning the mods ie GT, MEk and some of the other more complicated tech trees.
I think InfiTech does Galacticraft and GregTech... dunno if it is HQM (not played it before) but I am sure it is good for learning GT :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

HQM seems more like a script interpreter... In other words it can check certain conditions, like "Was this a crafted or a looted item", "is there enough inventory to satisfy the condition", etc. The pack creator has to configure each and every "test" and set up the reward for completion, if any.

One of the early uses I thought of was exactly what you are looking for... Using HQM as a tutorial. Currently it does kind of do so, in AS and CL at least, but in a simple way. It would be nice to see a "Library Manager" mode in HQM that gives access to other HQM books. This would allow for the major quests to provide their own HQM books that act as specific tutorials. Magic mods could have their own Grimoires or Necronomicons; Mods that add lots of food options could come with Cookbooks; Mods specializing in growing plants could have Almanacs, etc.

Of course, this might be a lot of work on the mod authors' part, but I'm sure people will be making their own eventually... perhaps they could be incorporated with the mod at some point.

We can dream...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
HQM seems more like a script interpreter... In other words it can check certain conditions, like "Was this a crafted or a looted item", "is there enough inventory to satisfy the condition", etc. The pack creator has to configure each and every "test" and set up the reward for completion, if any.

One of the early uses I thought of was exactly what you are looking for... Using HQM as a tutorial. Currently it does kind of do so, in AS and CL at least, but in a simple way. It would be nice to see a "Library Manager" mode in HQM that gives access to other HQM books. This would allow for the major quests to provide their own HQM books that act as specific tutorials. Magic mods could have their own Grimoires or Necronomicons; Mods that add lots of food options could come with Cookbooks; Mods specializing in growing plants could have Almanacs, etc.

Of course, this might be a lot of work on the mod authors' part, but I'm sure people will be making their own eventually... perhaps they could be incorporated with the mod at some point.

We can dream...
I'd also like to see a way to make it so those making the quests can use other mod packs quest rewards as their own. That way they don't have to think "is this a balanced reward" as they will know that lets say "16 servos" (and AgSkies reward) isn't OP for their pack, so they would have no issue using that, but then they'd see another reward from that pack "16 dirt" and think that's too OP for their map, as dirt is supposed to be impossible to get.
Reason i think this'd be a good feature as I have mad 2 packs that use HQM and the hardest thing, for me at least, was coming up with quest rewards. Because I don't know whether giving them <x> is OP or not as a reward.