Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
/home and /back, stuff like that.
/spawn /kit
essentials basically
You could probably fake a lot of that by giving away free mod items...

You could fake most of the teleportation commands (/home and /spawn, at least) by giving away Blood Magic teleposers and teleposition foci bound to an admin's soul network (ones linked to spawn should be easy, just have the admin bind a whole bunch; those linked to people's homes may have to be set up manually- I don't know if clicking a focus bound to another player on a different teleposer binds it to you, or just changes the coordinates it's bound to), or by way of Enhanced Portals.

If you do go the Blood Magic route, you can use the creative-mode-only orb to put a thoroughly ridiculous amount of LP in your network (or drain it completely). You'll probably want whoever will be powering the server's teleposers with their LP to use this, because it's much faster than setting up any sort of auto-LP generating contraption.

/back could be handled with Teleposers and some sort of wireless redstone, if BnB has any.

As for /kit... you could load up a Strongbox (from Thermal Expansion) with all the items that you want to give to players, then pick it up and use NEI to duplicate it, and give the duplicates to each of your players. I *think* that control-clicking on an item in your inventory will duplicate it, but I'm not certain.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
/home and /back, stuff like that.
/spawn /kit
essentials basically
Looking around online a bit, it looks like computercraft and misc peripherals is capable of reading chat. Using a computer and command block you could probably set up something similar to these functions.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh look, I'm asking a question...
How does minecraft (mods) generate their ID in 1.7.10? I am trying to disable the recipes for mekanism cables (using minetweaker) and I cannot get it to work, I have tried: recipes.remove(<mekanism:UniversalCableBasic>);, recipes.remove(<mekamism:basic_universal_cable>; (with and without caps at start of words) and <mekanism:basicuniversalcable> (with and without caps)... I don't understand the new minetweaker :/
Old response, but have you checked that it has a meta value?
There are different tiers of cable, an in Mek, different tiers have the same ID with different meta. So you'd want recipes.remove(<mekanism:UniversalCableBasic:0>);
Don't bother with using Minetweaker to get item names, it's much better to use NEI to produce an item panel dump. This gives you a complete ID listing of all your loaded mods, along with their meta values and display names.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How can I keep an inventory stocked with exactly 64 items?
Steve's Factory Manager - set an item count on the output. You can even specify a particular inventory slot. That won't remove excess items if you put them in by some other means though, you could do that by having a condition that removes items if there are more than 64. But for filling a planter with saplings, for example, it's fine. It gets the count off by one because of the ghost item in the planting layout grid, but if you specify a slot then it shouldn't count it. You'd have to figure out the slot numbers with some trial and error.
Redpower used to be able to do it, so perhaps one of the various replacement mods can.
No, I don't think anything has replaced the Manager or Sortron functionality.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the fastest you can get your character to run? So far I have boots of the traveller with haste 2 + a sojourners sash. Anything else I should add?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well... depending on what mods, it depends...
Here's what I do for super speed:
Bound armour (any piece) with sigil of haste (maybe the legs), boots with haste (probably boots of the traveller, or any boots made from them e.g. KAMI boots), and then I believe OpenBlock adds a ring (in 1.7.10) that doubles movement speed... so that'd probably max your speed

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Taking a look at big reactors, am I missing something or is this mod ridiculously overpowered for the cost of it?