Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Mabye someone can check for me but I think my next trophy I get when I post 250 mire times :(

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate Pneumaticraft's Air compressor without the Pressure gauge tube, or at least a way to turn off the "follow you" styled movement? My fps drops by half just looking in its direction.

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
I am yet again in need of help. I just cant figure out forestry tree breeding. I made a small orchard of 4 of the vanilla tree types and put 3 bee houses with bees. I know the pollination works because the little particles come out of the houses. I use my forestry spectacles to see the pollinated leaves and theres only like 4 of them. This was after an hour of constant pollination. Am I doing it right? Or is it that it takes a VERY long time to breed trees? And when they are bred, how do you collect the sapling from them?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure there are no other trees in range than those you want to pollinate. None whatsoever. And "in range" is fairly big - twice the radius in which flowers are spawned, or more.

Yes, basic bees are fairly slow, even in bee houses (which get pollination bonuses). but it shouldn't only turn up 4 pollinated blocks after an hour. With 3 bee houses and basic bees, I usually get 4-6 pollinated blocks per bee cycle.

In one version in the past, the spectacles were a bit buggy. Take them off everytime you're done, and only put them back on when you're ready to look for new pollinated leaves. I've had it happen that the graphics didn't update unless I put the spectacles on while within 2 chunks distance or so. I thought they fixed that, but I don't know what version you're running, so give that a try.

If you want to really speed it up, get more (and/or breed better) bees... or click the link in my signature to learn how to make trees breed themselves. ;)

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have a problem with slimes spawning in my base. The largest room of my base is a 32x32 room underwater at level 31. I've seen solutions with placing glass and half slabs to prevent slimes from spawning, but this large room is essentially an underwater garden with grass blocks and various flora so it must stay the way it is. Would a magnum torch prevent the spawn of slimes?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have a problem with slimes spawning in my base. The largest room of my base is a 32x32 room underwater at level 31. I've seen solutions with placing glass and half slabs to prevent slimes from spawning, but this large room is essentially an underwater garden with grass blocks and various flora so it must stay the way it is. Would a magnum torch prevent the spawn of slimes?

Wow, thats just what I wanted to ask, except my underwater garden is an underwater farm so the blocks keep getting untilled by the slimes bouncing.

I want a solution for this aswell

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, a magnum torch will solve this problem. Magnum torches stop all non-custom spawning (spawners, cursed earth, etc.).

Edit: Magnum torches have a 64 block radius of effect.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I am yet again in need of help. I just cant figure out forestry tree breeding. I made a small orchard of 4 of the vanilla tree types and put 3 bee houses with bees. I know the pollination works because the little particles come out of the houses. I use my forestry spectacles to see the pollinated leaves and theres only like 4 of them. This was after an hour of constant pollination. Am I doing it right? Or is it that it takes a VERY long time to breed trees? And when they are bred, how do you collect the sapling from them?
The best way to get the saplings is use a grafter :)

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the look of big reactors but honestly I don't want to use them for my base, is there some other mod that has a similar feel of "that looks cool and generates power" without it being overpowered for mid game?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the look of big reactors but honestly I don't want to use them for my base, is there some other mod that has a similar feel of "that looks cool and generates power" without it being overpowered for mid game?
Mekanism's generators look fairly cool, but other than that I'm struggling to think of anything. I've always liked how dynamos look, and in 1.7.10 augments mean you don't have to spam them to get a decent power output.

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism's generators look fairly cool, but other than that I'm struggling to think of anything. I've always liked how dynamos look, and in 1.7.10 augments mean you don't have to spam them to get a decent power output.
Mekanism Generators will always be the most visually appealing to me, however, you could look into a mod called Solar Flux. The mod adds solar panels (that look sorta like Daylight Sensors) that produce RF, and once you pass the first 2 tiers, you start to get a LOT of RF/t

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, a magnum torch will solve this problem. Magnum torches stop all non-custom spawning (spawners, cursed earth, etc.).

Edit: Magnum torches have a 64 block radius of effect.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe I've seen non-hostile mobs such as cows and pigs spawn within the radius of a magnum torch. Perhaps they just spawned outside of its proximity and moved inside it though. Anyways, I'll take your advice. Thanks for the help!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe I've seen non-hostile mobs such as cows and pigs spawn within the radius of a magnum torch. Perhaps they just spawned outside of its proximity and moved inside it though. Anyways, I'll take your advice. Thanks for the help!
I BELIEVE Magnum Torches only stop hostile mob spawns.
And yes, anything that spawns outside that 64 radius can walk into the Magnum Torches' AoE

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, should have specified. It stops non-custom hostile spawns only.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
How to transfer ReactorCraft steam from a steam boiler to a tank (e.g. from Railcraft or BC via ducts ect.) ?
It seems like steam ducts of ReactorCraft are not compatible with other mods. They do not connect.