Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
1. So UU matter duplicates any item? Or just raw materials. Also, how much UU matter does it take to dupe a diamond?
2. Whats the best possible tree to make biomass? One that has high sap level and very good mature rates and/or sapling drop? I am talking forestry tree breeding if you didn't guess already.
1) Not a clue, I am not big on IC2
2) Oak saplings will probably always be best, as they can grow directly to another oak tree... which means that if you have something that increase growth rate (ritual of green grove/sprinkler/etc.) then you may have multiple trees grow before they can be harvested... and having trees that can grow next to one another makes life so much easier

Chappsman

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the uu matter items[DOUBLEPOST=1411600276][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, i have a problem of my own, this isn't really a simple question but if someone could help, that would be great.

I've been building a megabuild on a singleplayer map and it works fine on the unleashed server with my additional mods i added also. I decided to make a server, everything was working, until i had an error message when i was about to join saying:
"ID 19737 from mod ICBM!Contraption is missing"
I cant seem to find the problem in the config files and the 3 ICBM mods seem right(contraption, sentry and explosion) When i disable the ICBM mods, everything runs fine.

Any help?:(
Cheers

Attachments

• uu matter.png
    uu matter.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 96

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the order the mods load in as a player? I seem to have a problem with "the mods not loading correctly" or something like that.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to change the order the mods load in as a player? I seem to have a problem with "the mods not loading correctly" or something like that.
Forge handles mod loading order. Mind paste binning the log so we could take a look? Use paste.ubuntu.com if it is too big for pastebin.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This might be a dumb question but, can you transvector interface a cable? (specifically an ME cable)
I doubt it... while they certainly can transport RF (or is it MJ? I don't remember), cables (or conduits, etc.) probably handle connecting to things differently than machines do. My guess is that the Interface accepts items, fluids, or RF like any other machine, then transfers said material to whatever machine it's linked to. Therefore, if you link it to a cable, the cable may not know what to do with the energy that the Interface is trying to send into a face that's not actually connected to anything. And ME cables, which (more so in AE2 than AE1) seem to transfer lots of routing info from one to the next, are almost certainly out of the question.

However, EnderIO happens to have a different solution to the problem of not having enough faces on all your machines to connect pipes and cables to: All its pipes and cables can be stacked on top of each other in the same block. And it has an ME cable. So, you could connect a Fluid Transposer to a source of RF, water, and, buckets to fill, as well as some nearby ME block to the rest of your network, AND have a redstone signal to turn the Transposer off, all in one block!

1. So UU matter duplicates any item? Or just raw materials. Also, how much UU matter does it take to dupe a diamond?
2. Whats the best possible tree to make biomass? One that has high sap level and very good mature rates and/or sapling drop? I am talking forestry tree breeding if you didn't guess already.
1. Pretty sure only raw materials, and even than, only the ones that IC2 actually uses.
2. Maximum sappiness and fastest maturity (if that's a thing), and some shape that has lots of leaves. You'll run into something that'll work well for that as you're breeding, I'm sure. Not sure if there is a trait to make it drop more saplings, but if there is, you'll want that maxed, too.
Do note that you can breed trees like bees to get the combination of traits that you want into them, once you find a tree with that trait. I don't know if you have ExtraTrees, or if that mod has machines that work like the ExtraBees genome manipulation machines, but work on trees, so you might have to go with the old-fashined and very time-consuming route of hybridization and actual selective breeding.

Also note that if you use trees that have large trunks, you can burn the wood (or cook it into charcoal, then burn it) for more energy. Your choice.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the uu matter items[DOUBLEPOST=1411600276][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, i have a problem of my own, this isn't really a simple question but if someone could help, that would be great.

I've been building a megabuild on a singleplayer map and it works fine on the unleashed server with my additional mods i added also. I decided to make a server, everything was working, until i had an error message when i was about to join saying:
"ID 19737 from mod ICBM!Contraption is missing"
I cant seem to find the problem in the config files and the 3 ICBM mods seem right(contraption, sentry and explosion) When i disable the ICBM mods, everything runs fine.

Any help?:(
Cheers
in the ICBM config search 19737 and see if that is actually there. If contraption is set to something else, not 19737, then it will have that message

Chappsman

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find anything with id 19737,there is no config for contraption or sentry or explosion, only ICBM, should there be 1 of each?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find anything with id 19737,there is no config for contraption or sentry or explosion, only ICBM, should there be 1 of each?
No, contraption, sentry and explosion should all be in the ICBM config
And pardon my ignorance, it has been a while since I looked at the ICBM config., If you go in there (on your singleplayer config) and find 19737, find out what it's called in the config (I couldn't find anything called contraption) and then check to see if that thing is enabled on the server

Chappsman

Jul 29, 2019
Server said it was missing 19737, though the item in singleplayer was 1973 but there was no item of the id of 19737 in singleplayer. So maybe the mod pack is faulty, i dont know, thx for the help

lionkev55

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually looking for a forestry tree farm answer. I could use regular oak saplings, but I want to do tree breeding, as it will keep me busy much longer than plain old saplings. Not to mention they provide a ton of benefits like 5x the biomass or lots of fruit.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Server said it was missing 19737, though the item in singleplayer was 1973 but there was no item of the id of 19737 in singleplayer. So maybe the mod pack is faulty, i dont know, thx for the help
Sorry I couldn't help more, maybe if you go in creative and do "/give 19737" it'll tell you what item was that is missing, and maybe you can work it out from there? But I dunno what to say, as I probably don't have the same ICBM config settings as you do

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually looking for a forestry tree farm answer. I could use regular oak saplings, but I want to do tree breeding, as it will keep me busy much longer than plain old saplings. Not to mention they provide a ton of benefits like 5x the biomass or lots of fruit.

How much effort do you want to invest? Do you want the best possible tree you can possibly breed just for the exercise of breeding it, or do you want to actually produce a lot of biomass right now and need a practical tree that can get you a large return without taking ages to implement?

The general rule of the thumb for maximizing biomass production: you need a large number of leaves, and you need to have a tree that works well in a multifarm.

For example, if you take a sequoia with its 3x3 trunk size, it will struggle in a minimum size multifarm because there is very little room for squares of 9 saplings to reach maturity at the same time. As such, a 3x3 trunk size will be growth-stunted in a small multifarm and only really show its potential if you go maximum size. Thankfully, for pure biofuel production, trunk size is close to irrelevant. Aim for a tree with a simple 1x trunk size.

Large canopy areas can similarly hamper growth of nearby trees. If the sky is completely full of leaves, trees may still grow, but less readily so. You can see this when you switch off a running multifarm arboretum: a couple trees will grow until the entire farm area is covered, and the remaining saplings will stay saplings. Now, if you want biofuel, large canopies cannot be avoided, because you need as many leaves as possible. This is reflected in the base stats of trees - the willow, despite its giant dome-shaped canopy, is easily the best biofuel producer at base stats because of the sheer amount of leaf blocks it has, even if it stunts the growth of other nearby willows a little. Leaf decay will make room soon enough. (Refer to the link in my signature for a comparison of base tree performances.)

So looking at traits: keep "girth" at 1x1, but maximize "saplings", "height" and "sappiness". Also maximize "matures", in the sense that the maximum here is actualyl a minimum (the shortest growth time).

Finally, if you want the same tree to produce fruits for fruit juicing, the base tree you choose must be able to support the fruit of your choice. This is species-locked and cannot be changed through breeding, so this limits you to a certain number of possible candidates. Also keep in mind that different fruits may be growing in different ways. For instance, papayas look great for fruit juice until you realize that they grow on the trunks of trees like cocoa beans, and require time to mature, which means you will never get any out of an arboretum. But perhaps you can supplement your arboretum with a papaya orchard - the juice output of even a small one is quite something.

Last edited: