Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If you have blood magic the Ritual of the green grove makes essence berries grow at the same if not faster rate of a watering can from Extra Utils. and the XP to Mob Essence conversion rate is a bit OP

So which bit of coolness do you use to convert XP to mob essence? It's not a thing that's ever occurred to me before.[DOUBLEPOST=1403476429][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cursed Earth should work quite well.

I thought of cursed earth, but I have yet to stumble across a division sigil in this world so far :(

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So which bit of coolness do you use to convert XP to mob essence? It's not a thing that's ever occurred to me before.[DOUBLEPOST=1403476429][/DOUBLEPOST]

I thought of cursed earth, but I have yet to stumble across a division sigil in this world so far :(
ritual of green grove plus essence berries pumping into autonomous activators that right click them to make XP orbs which get converted to mob essence via any MFR sewer nearby[DOUBLEPOST=1403476824][/DOUBLEPOST]

also killing a wither SHOULD get you a division sigil

Reactions: malicious_bloke

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This might sound incredibly daft, but what are common methods of farming mob essence to run an autospawner?

I usually run a mob grinder full of vanilla spawners i've swiped from dungeons, but what are the alternate ways people use?
I use all of the previous methods. I also have the Educational V enchantment on my weapons from (IIRC) Forbidden Magic. I can come back from a 15-30 minute adventure, like killing pigmen, and have over 50 levels. I drain those into a Open Blocks LXP drain and then use the OB shower to drain the LXP into the same MFR sewer that my essence berry setup flows into.

Between the above method, a cursed earth farm, and the small amount you get from grinding your spawned mobs, I have surplus essence by the drum full. I even keep two drums of lxp in reserve.

San

Jul 29, 2019
Will mobs path over microblocks normally? Is there any size restriction, or is it only certain types?

I'm trying to "Trick" mobs into falling down through my mob trap, relying on their normal pathing to walk over open trapdoors, but the trapdoor has a pretty large hitbox even when open. I'm thinking that a cobblestone notch would be much much better, but only if it actually works

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
I know that not many people are still tooling around in 1.5 anymore, but if I add gregtech to unleashed, is there any way to get the MFR laser drill to generate gregtech ores?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do I charge/activate rotarycraft spring boots?
I don't know for sure, but I assume crafting them with a charged Windspring would do it. At least, that's how you charge the handheld tools.

Will mobs path over microblocks normally? Is there any size restriction, or is it only certain types?

I'm trying to "Trick" mobs into falling down through my mob trap, relying on their normal pathing to walk over open trapdoors, but the trapdoor has a pretty large hitbox even when open. I'm thinking that a cobblestone notch would be much much better, but only if it actually works
That probably works. I know that vanilla signs and ladders work, too. Signs have no hitbox at all, but they're more expensive than the other options. Not that wood is hard to come by in modded Minecraft...

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019

In the first place, you can't craft Microblocks!

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
In the first place, you can't craft Microblocks!
Why not? NEI doen't show crafting recipes but they are all made with a saw. You just wack a block in half, wak that half in half etc until you end up with a nook.

Not sure about the mob pathing though, i'm curious if it works myself :)

Reactions: Padfoote

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Why not? NEI doen't show crafting recipes but they are all made with a saw. You just wack a block in half, wak that half in half etc until you end up with a nook.

Not sure about the mob pathing though, i'm curious if it works myself :)
Wait. Seriously? Is that it?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Wait. Seriously? Is that it?
Yup.

Craft a saw. Place that saw on a crafting grid with a block below it, you'll get a slab of that block. Repeat the process with the slab to make it thinner etc. Or place the slab next to the saw to get a smaller piece but not thinner etc.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know for sure, but I assume crafting them with a charged Windspring would do it. At least, that's how you charge the handheld tools.

Yeah, that was it. Turns out that only works in the workable even if you have the recipes in the normal crafting table option enabled.