Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I did when I added Mek (I changed the values slightly to make Osmium more common than normal, but barely):
CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg:
Code:
  ####################
  # oreosmium
  ####################

oreosmium {
  I:ClusterSize=8
  I:MaxY=48
  I:MinY=5
  I:NumClusters=3
  B:RetroGen=true
  }
WorldCustomGen.txt:
Code:
UNIFORM oreOsmium 2450   0   6   6   4   60   true
Changing the true to false will disable retrogen for Osmium.

Hours to even get to ores, and even longer to finish.
It didn't work :( . Is there any special application I should use to edit it?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
1. Update GeoStrata
2. Farm Withers
3. Make TileEntity Accelerators.
4. ???
5. Profit.
Do those stack? If so, is it multiplicative or additive? I can think of a setup that could get 3 of those connected to one Quarry+. If they stacked multiplicatively, that'd be nearing the 10k blocks/minute mark if your Quarry+ hit the 1 block/tick mark naturally. I'm fairly confident that's faster than you could ever hope to use resources. Indeed, I might be tempted to use a creative-mode solution to provide mineable resources and spare my computer the grief of having to render all those giant holes.

EDIT: just realized I was looking at the slowest one - 2x speed. That stuff can get stupidly fast.

EDIT2: With a single 128x Accelerator a 256x256x60 Quarry+ that naturally goes 1 block/tick would take about 26 minutes to complete. That's over 150k blocks/minute. Good luck avoiding crippling your computer with that sort of throughput (let alone the processing needed to handle it)

Last edited:

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
CBA: short for "cant be bothered"(not exactly but profanity and all that).
Just keep making 64x64. You will know when it is time change to bigger ones I would think.[DOUBLEPOST=1401674370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or you could just cheat in the items you need in the first place and be done with the game in very short time.
Be careful that you don't shoot yourself in the foot and diminish yourself of gameplay in the quest for bigger faster and more OP solutions.
So you could just keep making several 64 by 64 quarrys for awhile to get your resources? Because i did one and it just didnt help much. Would that be smart?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
So you could just keep making several 64 by 64 quarrys for awhile to get your resources? Because i did one and it just didnt help much. Would that be smart?
The problem with bigger quarries is that they don't actually yield resources any faster than smaller quarries, you just don't need to move them as often. Early on, you likely want smaller quarries so you get down to the rarer resources faster as they will be your limiting reagents. At 1 block mined every second, a 256x256 Quarry+ will take over 18 hours to clear a single layer. You'll be digging up dirt for days before you even hit cobble, let alone diamonds. Indeed, if you're waiting on your quarry to mine up resources so you can work on another project, I'd recommend going smaller than 64x64. 16x16 is my standard early-game quarry size (though I tend to use turtles rather than quarries).

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know if is considered smart or not. But it is what I prefer to do in the beginning. Gives a nice steady mix of items.

I usually start with Turtles digging 8x8 or 16x16 pits for a bit until I got resources and infrastructure for a Quarry. Then 64x64

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty much what i did! But you know what interesting? For some reason turtles just dont get the same amount of resources as a quarry i really dont know why.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Also does anyone know how your able to micro block chisel blocks?
They have to be enabled in the Forge Multipart config for that to work I believe. Each modder can choose to enable it them self for their mods, but in that process causing dependencies on it. So many seem to choose not to. But depending on which pack you play it might be enabled(it is all the recent versions of Monster for example). Once enabled just use a Handsaw and cut them up like any other(following the same principles as the RP2 Microblocks).

Zsashas

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to make an infinite loop of power/lava generation with Magmatic Dynamos, Magma Crucibles, and Igneous Extruders? If so, how many of each?

Last edited:

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to make an infinite loop of power/lava generation with Magmatic Dynamos, Magma Crucibles, and Igneous Extruders? If so, how many of each?
No. The energy required to convert cobblestone to lava is higher than the energy yield of the lava it produces.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
since their pulling ic2 in future packs, what can smelt as fast as the induction furnace?