Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
And second time as I derped on the answer... The link to the pack is here.

https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Unstable 1.7.2

This is the Unstable pack. Anyone with an opinion on what power should we go with?
Hey i looked at the pack and from my modded experiance i think you should go with forestry or buildcraft power. Now what kind... I think the biomass from forestry placed into biomass engines would work good. Tree farms are good for getting biomass from saplings. I dont know what they have changed in 1.7 though.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way of teleporting Redstone Signals in Techworld2? There is no "wireless Redstone" mod, IO Remote can not do it and with CC it's a bit too complicated.

(edit: I only need to search "wireless" in NEI and found what I need )

Last edited:

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way of teleporting Redstone Signals in Techworld2? There is no "wireless Redstone" mod, IO Remote can not do it and with CC it's a bit too complicated.
2 enderchests, receiving one with a bc gate set to redstone signal if items in inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
2 enderchests, receiving one with a bc gate set to redstone signal if items in inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
first of all, that's even more complicated than with CC I think and secondly, you cant use pipes on normal Enderchests. The colored Enderchests aren't in Techworld2.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Under the configs, there is a CoFH folder. IIRC, there are two files, both with world in the name. Edit those.
I found CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg and CoFHWorld.cfg,exactly what should I add/change? I'm kind of paranoid I'm gonna mess something up.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I found CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg and CoFHWorld.cfg,exactly what should I add/change? I'm kind of paranoid I'm gonna mess something up.

Here's what I did when I added Mek (I changed the values slightly to make Osmium more common than normal, but barely):
CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg:
Code:
  ####################
  # oreosmium
  ####################

oreosmium {
  I:ClusterSize=8
  I:MaxY=48
  I:MinY=5
  I:NumClusters=3
  B:RetroGen=true
  }
WorldCustomGen.txt:
Code:
UNIFORM oreOsmium 2450   0   6   6   4   60   true
Changing the true to false will disable retrogen for Osmium.
Does anyone know about how long a 256 by 256 quarry plus, (no enchants) will take?

Hours to even get to ores, and even longer to finish.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone know about how long a 256 by 256 quarry plus, (no enchants) will take?
256x256 quarries is something you will only want to do later in the game when you already got lots of materials and power. It would be stupid to do so large ones if you are needing the deep resources right here and now.

Or you can enchant the quarry+ and it becomes seriously OP, but still would recommend against the 256x256 until later when you got plenty materials and just CBA to reset the quarry all the time.

Reactions: Padfoote

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I did that but for some reason it still sends them, hmmm. Well thanks anyways!
I think you may have to unwatch all your threads and then re-watch them for the change to take effect. Admittedly, it's been quite a long time since I fiddled with my settings on these forums.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Exact speed will depend on power input, but if you started at y=60, you're looking at close to 4 million blocks to mine. Even digging 1 block every tick would take about 55 hours. At 1 block per second you're looking at about a month and a half (real time). That should give you some idea of the timescale involved in running one of those.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Exact speed will depend on power input, but if you started at y=60, you're looking at close to 4 million blocks to mine. Even digging 1 block every tick would take over 55 hours. At 1 block per second you're looking at about a month and a half (real time). That should give you some idea of the timescale involved in running one of those.
1. Update GeoStrata
2. Farm Withers
3. Make TileEntity Accelerators.
4. ???
5. Profit.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Whats CBA? And would it be smart to make a 256 by 256 after a 64 by 64?
CBA: short for "cant be bothered"(not exactly but profanity and all that).
Just keep making 64x64. You will know when it is time change to bigger ones I would think.[DOUBLEPOST=1401674370][/DOUBLEPOST]
1. Update GeoStrata
2. Farm Withers
3. Make TileEntity Accelerators.
4. ???
5. Profit.
Or you could just cheat in the items you need in the first place and be done with the game in very short time.
Be careful that you don't shoot yourself in the foot and diminish yourself of gameplay in the quest for bigger faster and more OP solutions.