Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Just figured I'd bump this since it never got an answer.

I recently started a new playthrough on the DW20 1.6.4 pack (v1.0.23) and for some reason NEI isn't allowing me to change my inventory settings without being in World mode instead of Global. Changing options under Global doesn't do anything. For example, I click to change from recipe mode to cheat mode or utility while under Global but none of the icons and profiles show up. I have to go into World mode to change modes and to turn on certain features.

So, my question would be is it supposed to be this way? Is it user error and there's a setting that I'm simply missing that changes this? or is this a bug?

It's not that big of a deal since I just have to press world before I switch modes but it is still kind of annoying and would like to know how to fix it. :)

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

*edit*

I also wanted to know if there was a legitimate way of obtaining the following modifier for link books from Mystcraft yet? I thought I saw Direwolf make one recently but I can't remember which episode it was.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
*edit*

I also wanted to know if there was a legitimate way of obtaining the following modifier for link books from Mystcraft yet? I thought I saw Direwolf make one recently but I can't remember which episode it was.

Villager trade IIRC. And I don't know the answer to your other question, sorry.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Just figured I'd bump this since it never got an answer.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

*edit*

To try to answer your first question, i don't know. The little buttons that show up at the top left only seem to show up in a "Creative" world now. I've yet to find another way of making them show up. There are still items that can do most of it's functions.

For the second question, there's a table at the bottom of the linked page.
http://ftbwiki.org/Ink_Mixer

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Villager trade IIRC. And I don't know the answer to your other question, sorry.

It's no problem. I ended up being able to fix the NEI issue anyway. I don't know why it wasn't working before but I was able to just uncheck the W's on the left of the inventory options (so they're darkened out) under world mode so they weren't overriding the global settings. I swear I tried that before but it didn't work and now it does. O__o I could just be going crazy, though, and thought I did but I didn't.

To try to answer your first question, i don't know. The little buttons that show up at the top left only seem to show up in a "Creative" world now. I've yet to find another way of making them show up. There are still items that can do most of it's functions.

For the second question, there's a table at the bottom of the linked page.
http://ftbwiki.org/Ink_Mixer

Following doesn't seem to be on that list. What Padfoote said is familiar, though, so I'm gonna go village hunting.

As for the NEI issue, assuming you're having the same issue, the above seemed to have fixed it.

Thank you both for the help. :)

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Designing a MFR Auto-spawner setup using AE etc to swap in and out the Safari nets. But got the big question of "Spawn Exact Copy". Will I need this option on for some mods? Read something about wither skeletons just spawning normal skeletons in Overworld unless set to Exact mode. Is this still true?

If so is there a way to remotely change the mode of the Auto-spawner or will I need to have two spawners to avoid spending too much essence for simple mobs?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Question:
Designing a MFR Auto-spawner setup using AE etc to swap in and out the Safari nets. But got the big question of "Spawn Exact Copy". Will I need this option on for some mods? Read something about wither skeletons just spawning normal skeletons in Overworld unless set to Exact mode. Is this still true?

If so is there a way to remotely change the mode of the Auto-spawner or will I need to have two spawners to avoid spending too much essence for simple mobs?

The first is still true; exact mode is still needed.

As for the second, I believe you will need two.

Reactions: rhn

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best engine power room option in ftb unstable?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Why are quarries so laggy? Even when they are far away? Is it because i dont have very much ram?
Quarries chunkload their area of effect. If your computer is strapped for resources those extra chunks can potentially cause problems. Having the quarry nearby usually means at least some of its chunks are loaded anyway by the player or base chunkloaders, but then you also have to worry about rendering all those blocks. Since the performance bottleneck for most people is graphics, you'll almost always still see better results from keeping your quarries away from your base.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Quarries chunkload their area of effect. If your computer is strapped for resources those extra chunks can potentially cause problems. Having the quarry nearby usually means at least some of its chunks are loaded anyway by the player or base chunkloaders, but then you also have to worry about rendering all those blocks. Since the performance bottleneck for most people is graphics, you'll almost always still see better results from keeping your quarries away from your base.
Tbh the area loaded by a BC Quarry should only pose a negligible extra load. After all a normal quarry can max load 16 chunks were as a player will at any time keep 441 chunks loaded around them. And other quarries such as Quarry+ and EnderQuarry only loads as they go which results in only 2 chunks loaded.

But there is a whole other matter arising when you are running your quarry: handling of all the products. I don't know your setup, but I am assuming some sort of sorting system and ore processing will be going on. This is all taking up resources too.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
My item system is, items are pumped into an ender chest and then are sent to my base, then the items, are pumped into deep units with item ducts.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My item system is, items are pumped into an ender chest and then are sent to my base, then the items, are pumped into deep units with item ducts.
Hmm should not be much of a resource draw.

Try and make sure that there are no fluids in the Quarry as best you can. There is a lot of updating that needs to be done if there is water or something else in the quarry.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
My quarry hole is full of flowing water! So would that make it lag because i don't have sufficient RAM?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My MFR harvester is playing up and I don't know why.

It has power, the sludge tank is empty, it isn't receiving a redstone signal.
It has an upgrade sufficient to cover the area of the farm but no more.
It's connected to a tesseract via enderIO power and item conduits, i've double checked the directions of the connections and those are all fine (and the planter uses the same tesseract with no problems).

I can't see any problem but the harvester's idle timer just refuses to go down. If I turn it with a wrench or break it and replace, I get one cycle of the idle timer then it sticks again.

Any ideas?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My quarry hole is full of flowing water! So would that make it lag because i don't have sufficient RAM?
No its not necesarily a RAM issue. But every time the quarry removes a block in the pit your computer has to recalculate a large portion of that water. And that is no small job if it is a 64x64 quarry full of water with a quarry going reasonably fast.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Now what would be less laggy a 64 x 64 buildcraft quarry or a 64 x 64 quarry+ quarry, with a pump?