Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chrome_Enigma

Jul 29, 2019
Got a sword in a roguelike dungeon (Horizons pack) with 'Highly Durable'

What mod is this from and how much more durable does it make the sword?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Got a sword in a roguelike dungeon (Horizons pack) with 'Highly Durable'

What mod is this from and how much more durable does it make the sword?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I don't know about the durability, but it's from Roguelike Dungeons.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
After playing and enjoying the heck out of FTB Ultimate since I found it half a year ago, I'm thinking about putting it aside and look into a new FTB pack. Preferrably a tech pack, since I don't really like magic mods (as opposed to most others; it seems like I see three magic mods discussed for every tech mod on this forum nowadays). I also want to add GregTech to it, if possible. Which pack should I go for? Is it recommended to wait for the fabled 1.7 packs, instead of jumping on 1.6 now right before they are discontinued? And are there any (good) YouTube series or Let's Plays of that pack out there?

Help would be deeply appreciated.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
After playing and enjoying the heck out of FTB Ultimate since I found it half a year ago, I'm thinking about putting it aside and look into a new FTB pack. Preferrably a tech pack, since I don't really like magic mods (as opposed to most others; it seems like I see three magic mods discussed for every tech mod on this forum nowadays). I also want to add GregTech to it, if possible. Which pack should I go for? Is it recommended to wait for the fabled 1.7 packs, instead of jumping on 1.6 now right before they are discontinued? And are there any (good) YouTube series or Let's Plays of that pack out there?

I believe monster or the Direwolf20 pack may be what you're looking for
As for the 1.6/1.7 problem, it's really a bit of a gamble, we know that they'll be sooner than !!Soon!! but how close? \o/ No clue.
There are starts of mods being released for 1.7 so it'll be before the end of the year is my guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1398763847][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a way to get a desert nova / other AM2 flower farm set up? I have tried bonemeal, went through about 8 stacks of it and still haven't seen a single desert nova. Even went so far as to plant grass in a desert.
You can cast grow on sand to get it?
Not sure if that's underneath your definition of AM2 flower farm set-up.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
If you're referring to the Thaumcraft lamp that consumes Herba to make plants grow faster, I highly doubt it. The Fertility Serum from Xeno's Reliquary or MFR's Breeder might, though, but I'd still be surprised.

In any case, you can certainly go Vanilla and spam wooden doors everywhere.
I mean the Thaumcraft lamp that consumes Victus and, according to the Thaumonomocon, "Makes all living things in it's area of affect breed" or something like that.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

It sounds like you want to play TPPI. This is the reddit pack and has easymode tech. The code on the launcher is MEGASHARKPUNCH (I'M pretty sure @ThatOneSlowking ya?)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Does any mod in monster have something like one-way translucent glass?

Essentially my mob grinder uses natural spawners which only work in the dark. I'd like to have the individual rooms for each spawner dark, but the central hallway in between fully lit, while having windows so I can see in without letting any light into the dark rooms.

#Iwantsitall :p

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Does any mod in monster have something like one-way translucent glass?

Essentially my mob grinder uses natural spawners which only work in the dark. I'd like to have the individual rooms for each spawner dark, but the central hallway in between fully lit, while having windows so I can see in without letting any light into the dark rooms.

#Iwantsitall :p
Extra Utilities Dark Glass. You can see through it, but it blocks light. Not sure if in Monster, but think it should be.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I mean the Thaumcraft lamp that consumes Victus and, according to the Thaumonomocon, "Makes all living things in it's area of affect breed" or something like that.

I think there's an AM2 amulet or charm that causes animals to breed faster, as well as one for processing the adults (it always leaves 2 of each type) and one that creates an invisible fence to keep them enclosed... The amulets all fit nicely on a stand in the center of the area. I don't think I've seen one used on villagers, though...

andrew19902013

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen/know how to fix the bug where when you switch to creative and back in the DW20 pack it wont let you punch anything? I've tried logging and ive tried switching again but nothing seems to work. I'd really hate to have to abandon this world.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen/know how to fix the bug where when you switch to creative and back in the DW20 pack it wont let you punch anything? I've tried logging and ive tried switching again but nothing seems to work. I'd really hate to have to abandon this world.
It is propably in Adventure (not survival) mode. You should disable that option from NEI if not using.

edit: Oh i have a question; I may want to play with Big reactors mod, but is RotaryCraft required? I'd like to process possible new ingots with ThermalExpansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
It is propably in Adventure (not survival) mode. You should disable that option from NEI if not using.

edit: Oh i have a question; I may want to play with Big reactors mod, but is RotaryCraft required? I'd like to process possible new ingots with ThermalExpansion.
At least some RotaryCraft is necessary. The reactor components use RotaryCraft parts and I believe are built in an RC crafting table.

Oh, and they use/output shaft power.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like Big reactors main website http://www.big-reactors.com/about.html doesn't even mention RotaryCraft. So i'm guessing it is compatible with RF, and what i tried so far it generated ores and i see smelting recipes for furnaces and induction smelter. So i don't know, maybe it changes recipes if RotaryCraft is installed? Now i don't even know how i mixed that mod with it, those 2 mods somehow always seemed connected in others creations. Even wiki says it's RF based.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors and ReactorCraft are two different mods. You do not need RotaryCraft for Big Reactors, and it produces RF.
Big Reactors. Right. Sorry.

Saw reactors and RotaryCraft and the ol' brainmeats transposed. I seem to have Reika's mods permanently at the top of my mind lately.

Reactions: PierceSG