Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do you know any way to speed up a BC silicon assembly table (other than adding lasers
Adding more lasers
What about the LaserPlus? Not really been able to figure out what it did, but always assumed it would deliver more power.

EDIT:
http://yogpstopmcmods.sourceforge.net/en_US/qp/Readme.html

Laser Plus
Advanced Laser.
Silktouch enchant produce splitting power with all table in its analyze area.
Fortune enchant produce more wide analyze area.
Efficiency Enchant produce highspeed working.
Unbreaking Enchant produce working with less energy.
[DOUBLEPOST=1396563920][/DOUBLEPOST]
Theres a laser limit. I think its 9. Its still kinda slow. Just leave it running overnight and you'll be fine.
Huh? since when?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
In Agrarian Skies - skyblock
1. I was about to get cows and pigs to spawn - made grass - but unfortunately I made it in desert/river biome. Does vanilla rules apply? i wont get any mobs? And nearby there is magical biome. What mobs can spawn there?
2. Is there any use for gunpowder apart from TNT or firecrackers?
Desert doesn't spawn peaceful mobs. I suggest using excess gunpowder to make TNT and use that as a power source via the XU TNT generator. Just beware it causes explosions nearby. You can also use gunpowder in the reactant dynamo. Both of these options allow you to have a self powering MFR grinder.

Reactions: LeQwasd

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
In Agrarian Skies - skyblock
1. I was about to get cows and pigs to spawn - made grass - but unfortunately I made it in desert/river biome. Does vanilla rules apply? i wont get any mobs? And nearby there is magical biome. What mobs can spawn there?
2. Is there any use for gunpowder apart from TNT or firecrackers?
1) Unfortunately, yes. Your best bet is to pick up the grass slowly, a bit at a time, and grow it towards the Magical Forest. Everything can spawn there, including Pechs!

2) Not much. It can make the safari net launcher, needlegun ammo, and splash potions. However, it can fuel the TNT Generator!

--EDIT--
Whoops. See what happens when I walk away forever without posting what's in my quick-reply?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I cant seem to find any servers for the mod pack new world, anyone know any?
Not an FTB pack, but it is a public Third Party Pack on the launcher :p
Ahh, never noticed it lol. Well if you just click the "Download server" in the launcher it pops up the download link for the server in the browser.

EDIT: Doh! getting tired. Just realised that jet is looking for actual running servers to play on and not the download...

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I tried magical crops for the first time. the stone that you need to craft with the essences to get the next tier of essence, does the crafting recipe use up that stone every time you make the essence?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
No, you get to keep the lower tier stone since you can't use the higher tier stones for making the lower tier stuffs.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: CptSpike

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I tried magical crops for the first time. the stone that you need to craft with the essences to get the next tier of essence, does the crafting recipe use up that stone every time you make the essence?
Just don't put it in a Forestry worktable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
No, you get to keep the lower tier stone since you can't use the higher tier stones for making the lower tier stuffs.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well shit wish I had known that 64 emeralds ago :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Well shit wish I had known that 64 emeralds ago :(

You, er, didn't notice that you were getting to keep the stone each time?

Or did you have it in an autocrafting solution that kept nuking your stone?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
You, er, didn't notice that you were getting to keep the stone each time?

Or did you have it in an autocrafting solution that kept nuking your stone?

Made a ton of stones first, then went to use them. Noticed I got to keep them lol

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Made a ton of stones first, then went to use them. Noticed I got to keep them lol

Ahh, now I follow.

I had a sneaking suspicion when I saw that the stones were tiered and what the upgrade requirements/uses were, but I can follow the logic. Of course, I'd have probably used diamonds rather than emeralds in your position.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, now I follow.

I had a sneaking suspicion when I saw that the stones were tiered and what the upgrade requirements/uses were, but I can follow the logic. Of course, I'd have probably used diamonds rather than emeralds in your position.

Got ProjectRed so emeralds spawn quite frequently. And you know, Fortune enchanted quarries :D