Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
If I use a better solid fuel (ghast tears vs nether stars) would that make it use less liquid fuel?

Talking about a reactant dynamo

Last edited:

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
If I use a better solid fuel (ghast tears vs nether stars) would that make it use less liquid fuel?

Talking about a reactant dynamo

No. The liquid fuel used does not affect the solid fuel, and the same is true the other way. Each type of fuel has a set amount of power it generates. They don't affect each other.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Is their any practical reason to use the MFR Steam Turbine to produce steam over using the TE3 Steam Dynamo?

This is for Monster 1.1.0
as far as I know the mfr steam turbine is in there so you can generate power for your machines without using other mods' power producer's. It can produce power if there is steam from another mod in your pack. It produces exactly as much power as the TE steam dynamo or the railcraft industrial steam engine.
Hmm, nope, out in the middle of nowhere, still nothin'
I think they require a redstone signal to work now.

Kremlin16

Jul 29, 2019
OK so I was building a sorting system for ore processing. I plan to silk touch all my ores, so i was experimenting with what smelts, macerates, pulverizes, etc. I have sorted out everything except 3 ores. Nether Iridium Ore, Nether Osmium Ore, and Rutile ore. My question is how do I process these three ores? I should also mention I am using the recommended version of the Monster pack.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
OK so I was building a sorting system for ore processing. I plan to silk touch all my ores, so i was experimenting with what smelts, macerates, pulverizes, etc. I have sorted out everything except 3 ores. Nether Iridium Ore, Nether Osmium Ore, and Rutile ore. My question is how do I process these three ores? I should also mention I am using the recommended version of the Monster pack.
Rutile ore:
http://mariculture.wikispaces.com/Titanium

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
as far as I know the mfr steam turbine is in there so you can generate power for your machines without using other mods' power producer's. It can produce power if there is steam from another mod in your pack. It produces exactly as much power as the TE steam dynamo or the railcraft industrial steam engine.

I think they require a redstone signal to work now.

Nope tried that. I can't get them to work at all. This is really bad, my entire bases power required them to work... heh, oops.

Can someone else download the DW20 1.0.19 and see whats up? Also anyone got an alternative to fans in a cursed earth farm?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Nope tried that. I can't get them to work at all. This is really bad, my entire bases power required them to work... heh, oops.

Can someone else download the DW20 1.0.19 and see whats up? Also anyone got an alternative to fans in a cursed earth farm?
Which fans are we talking about?

An alternative would be to extend the cursed earth with TiCo draw bridges and use a timer to retract and extend them again once in a while to drop the mods down to their "death by grinder" or whatever.

Or think it is Thaumic tinkerer that has a magnet device that attracts/repels mobs. Could work too. EDIT: Corporal Attractor is the name.

Reactions: Padfoote

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Which fans are we talking about?

An alternative would be to extend the cursed earth with TiCo draw bridges and use a timer to retract and extend them again once in a while to drop the mods down to their "death by grinder" or whatever.

Or think it is Thaumic tinkerer that has a magnet device that attracts/repels mobs. Could work too. EDIT: Corporal Attractor is the name.

Open blocks fans. And that drawbridge idea is genius. Totally gonna do it with draw bridges now. thanks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Open blocks fans. And that drawbridge idea is genius. Totally gonna do it with draw bridges now. thanks.
Not sure how efficient it will be. The time lost by retracting/extending the blocks will be lost spawning time. Also will be a lot of block updates if you go for large farms. Might be better to do the TT Corporal attractor instead. Or just kill the mobs directly on the cursed earth with enough Grinders to always have one off CD.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how efficient it will be. The time lost by retracting/extending the blocks will be lost spawning time. Also will be a lot of block updates if you go for large farms. Might be better to do the TT Corporal attractor instead. Or just kill the mobs directly on the cursed earth with enough Grinders to always have one off CD.

Will it be super laggy? I'm kind of in the middle of hollowing out a natura redwood tree for this project :) I'm almost 75% done, I'll finish it up and let you know.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Will it be super laggy? I'm kind of in the middle of hollowing out a natura redwood tree for this project :) I'm almost 75% done, I'll finish it up and let you know.
I have no idea tbh. Not tried it myself, but it would be a concern if I had to myself.

But the main point is the efficiency imo. The main idea of using fans to move the mobs off the cursed earth is that cursed earth will not spawn more mobs when a certain mob density is reached. But if you spend the time it would take to kill them on the cursed earth to instead do the retract/extend thing you gain nothing.

I guess you would have to test it out. I think I would personally just place plenty MFR grinders around the cursed earth and let them kill them directly on there.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
that is also just 1 spawner at a time. Is there a way u can put them into your inventory? Like with dartcraft? the old way with dropping them on a torch with gravity gun has been patched?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
that is also just 1 spawner at a time. Is there a way u can put them into your inventory? Like with dartcraft? the old way with dropping them on a torch with gravity gun has been patched?
If DW20 has JABBA you can make the Diamond Dolly and pick the spawner up with it and carry it in your inventory. But it will impede a mining and speed penalty. But with multiple dollys you can carry multiple spawners yeah.

EDIT: Just checked the changelogs and DW20 does not have JABBA...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea tbh. Not tried it myself, but it would be a concern if I had to myself.

But the main point is the efficiency imo. The main idea of using fans to move the mobs off the cursed earth is that cursed earth will not spawn more mobs when a certain mob density is reached. But if you spend the time it would take to kill them on the cursed earth to instead do the retract/extend thing you gain nothing.

I guess you would have to test it out. I think I would personally just place plenty MFR grinders around the cursed earth and let them kill them directly on there.

The grinder idea is definitely an option. Last resort though. Heres what I was thinking:

Drawbridges every 3 levels, (so two air spaces in between, I don't need nor want endermen spawning) Then set up a timer hooked up to wireless redstone all the levels will be set to the same frequency and will have Counters on them so that I can stagger which levels go when. I was thinking either I go with every other level drops down (so two and four go then three and five after two and four have been brought back) this is to avoid fall damage. Then have a water pit at the bottom this is to drag the monsters into the spawner, it also functions as a safe drop because I don't have enough cursed earth to do all the floors yet. (the water is why I don't want endermen, I also have 1k enderpearls from my previous spawner)

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to 'delete' a fluid from an extracells ME fluid storage unit without moving it somewhere?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to 'delete' a fluid from an extracells ME fluid storage unit without moving it somewhere?
You can shift right click the cell in your hand I believe, then craft the two pieces you get out of it(the storage section and the fluid storage cell) together to get back the full storage disk(with no fluids on it).

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Reposting my question since it passed unnoticed the last time:

In good ol' FTB Ultimate, I'm building a base using Basalt Paver as a main building brick. Since vast quantities of the stuff is required for the flooring, I decided to put Basalt Cobblestone -> Basalt and Basalt -> Basalt Paver recipes into my AE autocrafting system. So far, so good. But once I order any quantity of Basalt Paver from the Interfaces, the system starts making it - and never stops. No matter how many or few Basalt Pavers I ask the system to craft, it will keep churning them out until I manually stop it through a Crafting Monitor. Is this a bug, or an error with my setup? Is there any fix to it? It's manageable, but annoying. Help would be greatly appreciated.