Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
How does one go about making iridium in the new IC2?

NEI doesn't have recipes for UU-matter products any more so i'm assuming that wont work.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Reposting my question since it passed unnoticed the last time:

In good ol' FTB Ultimate, I'm building a base using Basalt Paver as a main building brick. Since vast quantities of the stuff is required for the flooring, I decided to put Basalt Cobblestone -> Basalt and Basalt -> Basalt Paver recipes into my AE autocrafting system. So far, so good. But once I order any quantity of Basalt Paver from the Interfaces, the system starts making it - and never stops. No matter how many or few Basalt Pavers I ask the system to craft, it will keep churning them out until I manually stop it through a Crafting Monitor. Is this a bug, or an error with my setup? Is there any fix to it? It's manageable, but annoying. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you give more details on your setup? Cobblestone gets smelted into Basalt so needs more than just a regular crafting recipe. I don't think anyone can tell you what you're doing wrong without knowing your setup.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I decided to put Basalt Cobblestone -> Basalt and Basalt -> Basalt Paver recipes into my AE autocrafting system. So far, so good. But once I order any quantity of Basalt Paver from the Interfaces, the system starts making it - and never stops.
Are you sure you got the recipes right? Other than that, sounds like it's a block metadata/NBT bug. RP2 has a lot of blocks all crammed into the same block ID - in fact I think it was the first mod to demonstrate this technique - and that has led to a few cross-mod issues. If you pick up a RedPower2 or Factorization machine with a Gravity Gun then it tends to drop as a different machine.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Can you give more details on your setup? Cobblestone gets smelted into Basalt so needs more than just a regular crafting recipe. I don't think anyone can tell you what you're doing wrong without knowing your setup.
Ah, yes. The first recipe, crafting 1 Basalt Cobblestone into 1 Basalt, is just that one recipe slapped onto a Blank Pattern, which was then put into a ME Inferface directly on top of an Induction Furnace. A ME Import Bus sucks the finished products out of the Furnace and back into the ME Network. Works like a charm for other recipes I've stored in there, such as Cobblestone -> Stone, Sand -> Glass and various dusts -> ingots.

The second recipe is just a bog-standard 1 Basalt -> 1 Basalt Paver on a pattern placed into my ME Automated Assembly Chamber.

I have several of these multistep and multi-machine recipes implemented already, working like a charm, most notably an Advanced Alloy recipe that requires no less than three machines and one machine-less crafting recipe to make the end product from scratch. Basalt Paver is the only recipe I've had problems with, though I'm unsure which of the two steps is causing the problem. Even if I already have Basalt in my ME Network when I start producing Pavers, it will spend all those blocks and then craft more Basalt from Basalt Cobble.

But anyway, I think PhilHibbs provided the right answer. Whenever I work with Marble, and place down the last block in a stack, NEI(?) will move another stack of items to the same slot. However, it apparently doesn't distinguish between Marble, Marble Bricks, or any of the three variants of Basalt. That seems to indicate there is something fishy with the block IDs, giving the game trouble telling them apart. That same error apparently means it can't tell that when it has made enough Basalt Pavers, because it keeps confusing them with other blocks such as Marble.

DaddyRoxx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running an FTB Monster server (ver. 1.1.0), and nobody has found any abandoned mineshafts yet. You can hear the train whistle, but when you start digging, no shaft. I've also quarried quite a bit and haven't found any rail track or loot.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm running an FTB Monster server (ver. 1.1.0), and nobody has found any abandoned mineshafts yet. You can hear the train whistle, but when you start digging, no shaft. I've also quarried quite a bit and haven't found any rail track or loot.
I've never found a 100% correlation between the ambient train whistle and an actual shaft. I may be wrong, but I've heard it in weird places I wouldn't expect to find an abandoned mineshaft.

I've had the best luck finding these simply by caving. Take a few stacks of torches and food, go into a couple large caves, and resist the temptation to mine out every ore you see. Eventually you'll find one.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Download the map and use Unmined to explore the world. Or use a couple of redstone blocks and fences to make an x-ray chamber.

*Edit* Wait, train whistle? Yerwot?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Download the map and use Unmined to explore the world. Or use a couple of redstone blocks and fences to make an x-ray chamber.

*Edit* Wait, train whistle? Yerwot?
The train whistle is one of those "natural" sounds that you here when a cave or other unlit chamber is nearby.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
The train whistle is one of those "natural" sounds that you here when a cave or other unlit chamber is nearby.
Never noticed anything like that. There are atmospheric sounds when you are in dark areas, but I had no idea that there were sounds relating to nearby caves (other than the grr, clatter, squelch of mob sounds).

DaddyRoxx

Jul 29, 2019
Oh OK, good stuff here. Just want to make sure I didn't goon up some config file that creates the mineshafts. .
Yeah, Unminer program found them. . . They're all over the place. Just haven't hit one yet with a quarry. .

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make Chisel's "Nether Brick"? It's listed in my NEI as "Nether Brick Obsidian Nether Brick." It looks like black bricks with lava in the grooves.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make Chisel's "Nether Brick"? It's listed in my NEI as "Nether Brick Obsidian Nether Brick." It looks like black bricks with lava in the grooves.
Craft Chisel's chisel, right click it in your hand, put Nether Bricks in the middle of the GUI, choose the bricks you want from the left or right side.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
You can shift right click the cell in your hand I believe, then craft the two pieces you get out of it(the storage section and the fluid storage cell) together to get back the full storage disk(with no fluids on it).
Nope, doesn't work.

[JBG]Magikarp

Jul 29, 2019
that is also just 1 spawner at a time. Is there a way u can put them into your inventory? Like with dartcraft? the old way with dropping them on a torch with gravity gun has been patched?

I'm not 100% sure if it'll work, but I think you could use mfr portaspawners, you just place it on a spawner

Sent from my National Pokédex using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, I think I STILL need more curse earth. I am about 40% of the way down this natura tree. And I decided to go the grinder on every floor route. Still takes 5 minutes to fill up an open blocks tank with nothing taking any mob essence out. It also can't keep up with my 3 witch spawners.