Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I would suspect for damage negation purposes, that either "hardened" or "energetic" would be the most effective. Early testers seemed to prefer Hardened over Energetic, but that was before Azanor buffed Energetic so that might be more effective now.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on desired function. "Hardened" will absorb more burst damage but need longer recharge. "Energetic" will repair faster, but can't handle as much burst at once. If you take large chunks of damage infrequently, Hardened is better. If you take small amounts of damage frequently, Energetic is preferable.

These recommendations based on imperfect memory of the mechanics.

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
Is their any practical reason to use the MFR Steam Turbine to produce steam over using the TE3 Steam Dynamo?

This is for Monster 1.1.0

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
This got me for a bit to. Just use a standard left click with the golem in hand on the chest. (no shifting for right clicks)
That one didn't work, but today when I put him down in front of the chest using right click, he ran right over and tossed his cobblestone in, so I'm officially clueless but it's functioning.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It shouldn't cost more fuel, as it doesn't move more.
It will cost more fuel since it will mine all the cobble and dirt etc and will have to go back to unload more often.

If you want render-engine friendly excavation, use the Extra Utilities Ender Quarry. It replaces resources with dirt, so there is no increase in blocks rendered.
If you actually read the discussion you will know that it all started with him not having enough diamonds to make a quarry...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
^thanks, I for some reason keep running out of mob essence when I'm not near it but when I am near it I have a surplus of the stuff :/

Anyone know why an MFR fruit picker isn't picking essence berry bushes?

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
why mapwritter doesnt save options after exiting game? -.-
its too annoying to setup circular mode everytime i open my world...
edit:+it doesnt remmember map of explored area :( (thats why i actually installed it to see whole world in game...)

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Early game=/= auto mining

Auto mining isnt really an early game thing...
My recommendation would be to make a stone hammer from Tinkers construct. Requires 3 blocks of iron + a bit more iron. But its quite worth it. Repairs with cobble and mines 3x3.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Whats a good early game automatic mining? No ComputerCraft in my pack.
(Doesn't matter how small, just usefull)

BuildCraft's Mining Well, I guess. Needs Redstone, but it can technically be sufficient enough to keep you from leaving the surface ever again once you've found two pieces of it (one for the Well itself, another for an engine required to power it).Though, be prepared to spend a LOT of time moving it around. If you've got more than 3-4 of them, you'll have to devote most of your time to moving Wells if you want them to run continuously.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
BuildCraft's Mining Well, I guess. Needs Redstone, but it can technically be sufficient enough to keep you from leaving the surface ever again once you've found two pieces of it (one for the Well itself, another for an engine required to power it).Though, be prepared to spend a LOT of time moving it around. If you've got more than 3-4 of them, you'll have to devote most of your time to moving Wells if you want them to run continuously.
Tbh you can mine manually faster than you can move the mining wells around :p

Without turtles I think you are stuck with manual mining until you can afford to make a quarry or equivalent and infrastructure to power it.