Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better way of producing mob essence than having a cursed earth mob farm?

Basically I have my base set up like this. Cursed earth farm > mob essence > 2 Auto Spawner, witch and ghast > tears + glowstone go to reactant dynamo. My problem is getting enough glowstone/tears to expand my reactant dynamo, so I would need to increase my number of auto spawners whereby needing to increase my production of mob essence, however I am running out of room for the cursed earth farm, I already have it at a 24x18 room and its barely enough to power 16 reactant dynamos (I think its 16)
One could use some sort of Soul Shard system, but this isn't always a option...

So chances are, you'll just have to increase the density of the cursed earth spawner room. I suggest making floors.

Mind you, if those 16(or so) reactant dynamos aren't cutting it for power(which is possible; they only output the same amount of power as every other TE3 Dynamo, they just have different fuels and are way more cool), maybe a different power source would be more useful. If you can afford those witch/ghast spawners, maybe add a creeper spawner(or simply a way to get gunpowder, TE3 works pretty well for this with it's gunpowder recipe being able to be automated and endlessly renewable if one is smart, but I'd suggest using Mek and whatever machine it adds that has a recipe to make gunpowder from 4 flint), send the glowstone(or redstone if you have a stockpile and source, such as those witches) into a MFR Auto Brewer(note: You'll need to add a MFR Harvester/Planter working with Netherwart if you haven't a mob related supply of some kind), make enhanced splash potions of regeneration/longer lasting splash potions of regeneration, and feed them into a Extra Utilites Potion Generation. Most potions in it are decently powerful, but each brewing "step" adds to both the power and the amount of time it lasts.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe make floors of 5x5 or 9x9 cursed earth rooms with either Extra Utilities' or Rotary Craft's fans sending all spawns to a centralised processing area so to make room for more spawns?

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better way of producing mob essence than having a cursed earth mob farm?

Basically I have my base set up like this. Cursed earth farm > mob essence > 2 Auto Spawner, witch and ghast > tears + glowstone go to reactant dynamo. My problem is getting enough glowstone/tears to expand my reactant dynamo, so I would need to increase my number of auto spawners whereby needing to increase my production of mob essence, however I am running out of room for the cursed earth farm, I already have it at a 24x18 room and its barely enough to power 16 reactant dynamos (I think its 16)

You can also just increase your output from witches by using the gunpowder and redstone dust too. No reason they can't go into the reactant dynamos.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

It is very little(if you know what you are doing, a couple hours maybe) Bee breeding that is needed to get the Vanilla Forestry bee "Demonic" that will produce Glowstone (and Phosphor for lava actually). That will free up a spawner for one more Ghast farm and give you a power boost if you choose to take advantage of the phosphor.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
In thaumcraft: How can fill the aspects on the research table? I have my wand already full but I dont know how to put them in the research table
or is there another way? I have already scanned almos all blocks..

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It is very little(if you know what you are doing, a couple hours maybe) Bee breeding that is needed to get the Vanilla Forestry bee "Demonic" that will produce Glowstone (and Phosphor for lava actually). That will free up a spawner for one more Ghast farm and give you a power boost if you choose to take advantage of the phosphor.
Heh, couple hours. If I'm dedicated to getting a certain type of bee(and it doesn't required Ender Bees), then it can be a couple minutes. All I need is enough bees to work with(ideally none ignoble, come to think of it, maybe Forestry allows for the chance for ignoble bees from hives to be edited), and access to the special breeding requirements.
And if I'm far enough into the map to have a BC Laser Construction system ready, then the special breeding requirments needs are meaningless.
In thaumcraft: How can fill the aspects on the research table? I have my wand already full but I dont know how to put them in the research table
or is there another way? I have already scanned almos all blocks..
Wands don't fill with research, and there is no way to automate research/research aspect obtaining.

Most recommend using Crystal Clusters(1 of each kind except mixed which is a like a dirty redheaded stepchild; no one wants it, no one needs it, and no one has much use for it) and Bookshelves(apparently this is only if you have Thaumic Tinkerer they recommend this, so if you don't have TT, you're a fool). Note that this only gives you "freebie" points, which you can have only 1 of for a aspect, but you can have 1 for every aspect, which is great.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Heh, couple hours. If I'm dedicated to getting a certain type of bee(and it doesn't required Ender Bees), then it can be a couple minutes. All I need is enough bees to work with(ideally none ignoble, come to think of it, maybe Forestry allows for the chance for ignoble bees from hives to be edited), and access to the special breeding requirements.
And if I'm far enough into the map to have a BC Laser Construction system ready, then the special breeding requirments needs are meaningless.
Sigh.. Well thats good for you.

I was referring to if he was starting from scratch from bee keeping(I was assuming he hadn't considered beekeeping since he was using a spawner to get something as simple as glowstone...).
Yes if you already have the cultivated bees bred and if you already have the resources gathered to make the stuff needed, then ofc you can do it faster...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh.. Well thats good for you.

I was referring to if he was starting from scratch from bee keeping(I was assuming he hadn't considered beekeeping since he was using a spawner to get something as simple as glowstone...).
Yes if you already have the cultivated bees bred and if you already have the resources gathered to make the stuff needed, then ofc you can do it faster...
I was referring to using Oblivion Frames, though. They kill bees in one bee tick. They are AWESOME for getting specific branches quick(er).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there any armor in between the OPness of PowerSuit armor and the kind of "meh" ness of the BattleMage Armor?
Nano/Quantum? You can also nerf the Powersuit in the config.
The Nano armour is actually not that bad. The helmet even got Night vision mode now.
Also if you add Gravisuite you can make an Advanced NanoChestPlate that is basically an upgraded jetpack plus the nano chest. It is very decent protection without being godmode and it is good mobility with a nice range(expandable with Lappacks).

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumcraft Runic armor is also a good in-between. Better than Diamond without being invulnerable. Once you get it enchanted, it is extremely potent protection, but never allows you to completely ignore monsters.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumcraft Runic armor is also a good in-between. Better than Diamond without being invulnerable. Once you get it enchanted, it is extremely potent protection, but never allows you to completely ignore monsters.
If only we had a Runic Thaumostatic Harness... Then I'd be wearing full Runic 24/7 in Minecraft.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone else notice this in the CofhCore config?
Code:
hud {
        # Enable messages that notify you of item pickups. Note: You cannot disable this if your Minecraft username is "Jadedcat"
        B:EnableItemPickupModule=true
    }

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone else notice this in the CofhCore config?
Code:
hud {
        # Enable messages that notify you of item pickups. Note: You cannot disable this if your Minecraft username is "Jadedcat"
        B:EnableItemPickupModule=true
    }
Been there for ages(also been disabled in my game for ages).

Snoffel

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know if it's possible to change block skylimit in direwolf20 pack and if it's possible how will i be able to do it? :)

Regeanom

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I can't seem to get minetweaker to work at all...I've added the code like below, but it's not working. Any advice for Minetweaker in general as well would be awesome!

include "RecipeFixesMonster.cfg";
plastic = item.mfr.plastic.raw;
sheets = item.mfr.plastic.sheet;
recipes.addShaped(sheets * 9, [[plastic, plastic, plastic],[plastic, plastic, plastic],[plastic, plastic, plastic]]);