Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
On the Sivan beers check and make sure it's bit spawning on exact mode because that uses significantly more mob essence...

Its set to non exact mode. Don't know what was up before but I left it for about 30 minutes, came back, and had tons of the stuff.

Xill

Jul 29, 2019
barrels and ae...

so i couldnt get it to work.

i wanted to use barrels for the storage of my treefarm, but still have these barrels attached to my ME network (to make sure the charcoal and wood keep going where they should).

i've set up the storage bus like the followwing; http://i.imgur.com/OL2e3He.png[1] note that they are attached to the system, as i can place a terminal next to it and i can still acces everything else in the system from that terminal).

so far i've only been able to see some vids about people attaching it to the bottom like i did and it isntantly worked, so im kinda lost at what im doing wrong here. any help is much appreciated!
just tried it with a random barrel in my base and suddenly it detected the item. i honestly have no clue why it isnt detecting the barrels at the tree farm, yet it is detecting the others

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
barrels and ae...

so i couldnt get it to work.

i wanted to use barrels for the storage of my treefarm, but still have these barrels attached to my ME network (to make sure the charcoal and wood keep going where they should).

i've set up the storage bus like the followwing; http://i.imgur.com/OL2e3He.png[1] note that they are attached to the system, as i can place a terminal next to it and i can still acces everything else in the system from that terminal).

so far i've only been able to see some vids about people attaching it to the bottom like i did and it isntantly worked, so im kinda lost at what im doing wrong here. any help is much appreciated!
just tried it with a random barrel in my base and suddenly it detected the item. i honestly have no clue why it isnt detecting the barrels at the tree farm, yet it is detecting the others
Is the cable flashing out at the farm?

I always attached the storage bus to the back of barrels, but assume it doesn't matter which side you connect it up to tbh.

Xill

Jul 29, 2019
Is the cable flashing out at the farm?

I always attached the storage bus to the back of barrels, but assume it doesn't matter which side you connect it up to tbh.

if i attack a new part to the network (replace hte bus or something) then yes it flashes. i've tried the back aswell but that didnt give me any acces to the barels eitehr.
as i said, if i attach a terminal to that point in the network the terminal works fine, yet i still cant acces those barrels (while a random one i placed in my base did work for some reason)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
if i attack a new part to the network (replace hte bus or something) then yes it flashes. i've tried the back aswell but that didnt give me any acces to the barels eitehr.
as i said, if i attach a terminal to that point in the network the terminal works fine, yet i still cant acces those barrels (while a random one i placed in my base did work for some reason)
Was it the same type of barrel you tried at the base? I can see you are using the "Larger" barrels at the farm, maybe for some reason it cant detect the different kind?

Xill

Jul 29, 2019
Was it the same type of barrel you tried at the base? I can see you are using the "Larger" barrels at the farm, maybe for some reason it cant detect the different kind?
the exact same type. larger cherrywood barrels (since i've been wrecking my barrel wall because im replacing it with AE i have a ton of those)[DOUBLEPOST=1395629097][/DOUBLEPOST]
so i've just placed a barrel on a bus next to the 4 defiant barrels...

guess what, i could acces the item inside without a problem, yet the barrels that are there are still completely inaccesible

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
it has a cobble stone slab roof as stated above. They not even spawning at night thou.
Is the cobble slab roof two slabs thick or only 1 slab? IIRC if it's only 1 slab(which is half of a block), this doesn't prevent light from getting through.

If they aren't spawning at night, well, that's different.

And this system only works over a ocean, as a reminder. Unless you are WELL above the ground, or the area under the spawner is perfectly lit up and all caves systems under it are lit up perfectly as well.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Is the cobble slab roof two slabs thick or only 1 slab? IIRC if it's only 1 slab(which is half of a block), this doesn't prevent light from getting through.
Iirc it will stop light as a top slab but not as a bottom slab

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Best to build the roof with full blocks than cover the borders with bottom half slabs and then fill the top with water to prevent ender man from teleporting in to the top I suppose...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
the exact same type. larger cherrywood barrels (since i've been wrecking my barrel wall because im replacing it with AE i have a ton of those)[DOUBLEPOST=1395629097][/DOUBLEPOST]
so i've just placed a barrel on a bus next to the 4 defiant barrels...

guess what, i could acces the item inside without a problem, yet the barrels that are there are still completely inaccesible
No clue then. Maybe break the existing barrels and place them again. Or try and empty them and fill them up and see if that helps. Could be some issue with the items already being in there when the storage bus is added, but sounds odd.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Best to build the roof with full blocks than cover the borders with bottom half slabs and then fill the top with water to prevent ender man from teleporting in to the top I suppose...

Endermen actually only have a LoS teleport ability IIRC, so if they're getting on the roof of this thing, the roof is within their LoS.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Endermen actually only have a LoS teleport ability IIRC, so if they're getting on the roof of this thing, the roof is within their LoS.
Nah actually their teleport algorithm just scans for a vacant(and valid) block to stand in within a certain range(32 blocks I think). This can be inside a structure with no LoS to the outside or vice versa.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Nah actually their teleport algorithm just scans for a vacant(and valid) block to stand in within a certain range(32 blocks I think). This can be inside a structure with no LoS to the outside or vice versa.
You haven't seen them teleport much, have you? They are moving from one location to another, and it's not always instant(you can get glimpses of them mid "port" at times). The only time I've had them use a "anywhere but here" system is when they enter a fluid that harms them.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
True but when I say teleporting to roof I meant when they are attacked, when they aren't underneath the spawning platform.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Actually they do not teleport if the room they are in have no access to the sky. You can test this by building a room made of solid blocks, spawn Enderman in and flood the room with water, they will die in there and not teleport out.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You haven't seen them teleport much, have you? They are moving from one location to another, and it's not always instant(you can get glimpses of them mid "port" at times). The only time I've had them use a "anywhere but here" system is when they enter a fluid that harms them.
I was just recalling what I remember reading here:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enderman#Teleportation
Doesn't give give the impression of the need for any LoS. And aren't we talking about the "taking damage teleport"? Because ofc they are not going to start doing crazy teleports just when walking around minding their own business.[DOUBLEPOST=1395636961][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually they do not teleport if the room they are in have no access to the sky. You can test this by building a room made of solid blocks, spawn Enderman in and flood the room with water, they will die in there and not teleport out.

Think this is possible due to the different behaviour in creative mode mentioned in the link I posted. In normal modes they should be able to teleport to any block within 32 blocks horizontally no matter the vertical distance.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I had my Enderman containment build in a survival server back in 1.5.2 Unleashed though.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that KingLemming doesn't do mod development anymore. Has anyone taken over maintenance of TE or is it doomed to stop at version 1.6.4?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I had my Enderman containment build in a survival server back in 1.5.2 Unleashed though.

I am not totally sure about this, but I seem to have noticed a slightly different behaviour of Endermen in Monster than there was in the 1.5.2 packs too. Some times no matter how hard you stare at their feet, as soon as you hit them the first time they are gone. And they keep teleporting away from you when you get close again(even if you aren't looking at them). I don't remember them doing that earlier. Could it be connected to some of them wearing small green backpacks? o_O

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better way of producing mob essence than having a cursed earth mob farm?

Basically I have my base set up like this. Cursed earth farm > mob essence > 2 Auto Spawner, witch and ghast > tears + glowstone go to reactant dynamo. My problem is getting enough glowstone/tears to expand my reactant dynamo, so I would need to increase my number of auto spawners whereby needing to increase my production of mob essence, however I am running out of room for the cursed earth farm, I already have it at a 24x18 room and its barely enough to power 16 reactant dynamos (I think its 16)