Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I'm attempting to create an overworld Blaze farm. I already brought the spawner up with my Gravity Gun and had a working farm. Unfortunately, after 30 Blaze Rods it stopped working completely. When I went inside to investigate I discovered that the Vacuum Hopper and chest had been destroyed. I occasionally hear the Blaze shooting their Fire Charges, but I'm not sure why since there is no glass...unless they see the Autonomous Activators I'm using to kill them as valid targets? So, what could have caused a Vacuum Hopper and chest to mysteriously dissapear? And are there fixes to this issue?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok, so I'm attempting to create an overworld Blaze farm. I already brought the spawner up with my Gravity Gun and had a working farm. Unfortunately, after 30 Blaze Rods it stopped working completely. When I went inside to investigate I discovered that the Vacuum Hopper and chest had been destroyed. I occasionally hear the Blaze shooting their Fire Charges, but I'm not sure why since there is no glass...unless they see the Autonomous Activators I'm using to kill them as valid targets? So, what could have caused a Vacuum Hopper and chest to mysteriously dissapear? And are there fixes to this issue?
Use a melee turtle or a MFR grinder to kill them. And Blazes cant see through glass. Only spiders can I think.

If you are not into programming turtles yourself, you are welcome to use this:
http://pastebin.com/nRYFDYNg
Place a chest above the turtle and it will drop loot in there.

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
Use a melee turtle or a MFR grinder to kill them. And Blazes cant see through glass. Only spiders can I think.

If you are not into programming turtles yourself, you are welcome to use this:
http://pastebin.com/nRYFDYNg
Place a chest above the turtle and it will drop loot in there.

Do turtles and/or MFR Grinders cause Blaze to drop their rods? Because this only occurs if they are killed by a player. Also, since they can't see through glass (which I didn't have anyways) why were they shooting? And why did they seem to destroy the hopper and chest when their fireballs aren't supposed to destroy blocks?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do turtles and/or MFR Grinders cause Blaze to drop their rods? Because this only occurs if they are killed by a player. Also, since they can't see through glass (which I didn't have anyways) why were they shooting? And why did they seem to destroy the hopper and chest when their fireballs aren't supposed to destroy blocks?
Are we talking 1.6? If so then I can confirm that the Blazes do drop the rods when killed by turtles, but they drop them on the floor(not sure why the turtle dont pick them up tbh) in my Monster.
I have no idea why they would be shooting if they couldent see anyone. Not unless they Activators are actually mimicking a players presence a little too well. They arent shooting at the turtle I am using.

Not sure about the hopper, but remember that while the fireballs might not destroy anything, the fires they leave can burn stuff.

Also, to avoid having to use a ton of turtles, try using the MFR conveyor belts to funnel the blazes into one spot. Then one turtle will be enough to deal with them.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...urnal-and-guide-collection.42664/#post-584647
Just replace the fence post in that one with the turtle. That is what I have done since I posted it.

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
Are we talking 1.6? If so then I can confirm that the Blazes do drop the rods when killed by turtles, but they drop them on the floor(not sure why the turtle dont pick them up tbh) in my Monster.
I have no idea why they would be shooting if they couldent see anyone. Not unless they Activators are actually mimicking a players presence a little too well. They arent shooting at the turtle I am using.

Not sure about the hopper, but remember that while the fireballs might not destroy anything, the fires they leave can burn stuff.

Also, to avoid having to use a ton of turtles, try using the MFR conveyor belts to funnel the blazes into one spot. Then one turtle will be enough to deal with them.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...urnal-and-guide-collection.42664/#post-584647
Just replace the fence post in that one with the turtle. That is what I have done since I posted it.
Yeah, I've already gotten them into a 1 block space easily enough (conveyor belts may have been easier but whatever). I'll try a turtle, and hopefully they will still drop items/xp.

LORD_MJ

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound like a silly question, but is there any real use for player XP in Magic Farm 2? Also, is there an easier way of extracting XP for storing then by just using the syringe from MFR?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound like a silly question, but is there any real use for player XP in Magic Farm 2? Also, is there an easier way of extracting XP for storing then by just using the syringe from MFR?
XP drain over an OpenBlocks tank.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
With GeoStrata installed, does anyone know how to get Thaumcraft Obsidian Tiles instead of GeoStrata Obsidian Bricks, through crafting?

I'm aware I can mine up a few from totems, not the point.
There is a config line that makes Geostrata Bricks craft like a chest(8 in a circle with nothing in the middle), which was added after it was request(I asked for it and I'm sure others had as well, and Reika delivered).[DOUBLEPOST=1395616360][/DOUBLEPOST]
Iirc it was a mariculture block
In my game it conflicts with a recipe from Agriculture, namely the oven rack.

Reactions: Dorque

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
having trouble getting ender pearls. so i read somewhere about a vanilla way to force them to spawn. I built a area 200 blocks in sky. low area is 64, so i am over 120 blocks from ground. I have a small area where i stand. Then a 50 block cobble path way with a 30 x 30 area on other end for mob to spawn. All this topped with slabs so they can't spawn on top. The problem is nothing is spawning.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
having trouble getting ender pearls. so i read somewhere about a vanilla way to force them to spawn. I built a area 200 blocks in sky. low area is 64, so i am over 120 blocks from ground. I have a small area where i stand. Then a 50 block cobble path way with a 30 x 30 area on other end for mob to spawn. All this topped with slabs so they can't spawn on top. The problem is nothing is spawning.
You need to make a roof over the spawning area to make it dark.

Skidd2

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to convert EU to RF, even if a little "lossy"? I've been having base power problems, and i was thinking about a nuke, but everything i've got is running on RF right now :/

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How much mob essence do MFR spawners use? I have 3 grinders and two spawners and even though I bought a TWO 12 by 8 dark rooms with curse earth its still not enough.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
is there a way to convert EU to RF, even if a little "lossy"? I've been having base power problems, and i was thinking about a nuke, but everything i've got is running on RF right now :/
Power converters is your best option but another way is to use the forestry electrical engine and output into ender io conduits

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
How much mob essence do MFR spawners use? I have 3 grinders and two spawners and even though I bought a TWO 12 by 8 dark rooms with curse earth its still not enough.
On the spawners check and make sure it's bit spawning on exact mode because that uses significantly more mob essence...
Edit: massive spelling errors

Last edited: