Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to edit foresty mod or a .jar mod in general? I want to delate the apiculture, arboliculture, and the lepidiopterology part from the foresty cause I never gonna use them and want to install anothers mods but first I have to remove someones cause I dont have much RAM

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there a way to edit foresty mod or a .jar mod in general? I want to delate the apiculture, arboliculture, and the lepidiopterology part from the foresty cause I never gonna use them and want to install anothers mods but first I have to remove someones cause I dont have much RAM
There's no licence to modify Forestry, so if you want to do that then you probably won't get much help. It's a contentious issue, I don't want to spark a huge debate but my personal opinion is that you have every right to do so for personal use, plus I suspect that in any case it will be a huge amount of effort for very little benefit.

Reactions: Miguel1118

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
There's no licence to modify Forestry, so if you want to do that then you probably won't get much help. It's a contentious issue, I don't want to spark a huge debate but my personal opinion is that you have every right to do so for personal use, plus I suspect that in any case it will be a huge amount of effort for very little benefit.

Thats what I wanna know, if it`s there a esay way to modify it, so I will keep the mod anyway, Thanks

Regeanom

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with the AE crafting system so if anyone can help me out with this:

When I click craft on items that require an external processing stage (e.g. access terminal requires the processor to be smelted) it hangs at that stage. Do I need to add a pattern into the multiblock thing? Or do I need to make sure there's always "x" amount of an item in the system? If I need to keep "x" amount, how do I go about doing that?

Bonus Question:

Advanced Machines: I've added advanced machines to my pack but they're having problems. For some reason they keep losing power and don't recognise there is a batbox behind them. I've connected them to the system with inventory interfaces to have multiple sides if that makes a difference? (GT is also added to the pack if that helps)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not a whole lot left of Forestry if you remove Bees, trees and butterflies tbh. All that's left then is some seriously neutered multifarms and biofuel production. Might as well just use MFR to cover both then.[DOUBLEPOST=1395436183][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm having trouble with the AE crafting system so if anyone can help me out with this:

When I click craft on items that require an external processing stage (e.g. access terminal requires the processor to be smelted) it hangs at that stage. Do I need to add a pattern into the multiblock thing? Or do I need to make sure there's always "x" amount of an item in the system? If I need to keep "x" amount, how do I go about doing that?
Unless you want to keep manually making the external step(put the basic processor kit in a furnace), then you need to put a ME interface on top of a furnace. In that ME interface you put a Pattern in which you put a Basic Processor Assembly in the 3x3 side of the Pattern encoder and then you overwrite the output with a finished ME basic Processor in the right "result" slot. Now your ME system will know to put a processor assembly into the furnace to get a processor out. Now just put all the other normal recipes in the MAC and you can autocraft the whole thing.

You can do the same thing with sand in the left side and glass in the right side and your system now knows how to make glass. And it works with machines other than furnaces too. Make a pattern saying coal becomes coal dust and put it in a ME interface on top of a IC2 macerator and your system can now automatically make coal dust for your solar panels/carbon plates etc.

Last edited:

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019

I have naturally-occurring beehives turned off in configs. I still get bees and such in dungeon chestss, though.

I really only use for farms, biofuel and the carpenter...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the easiest way to keep an AE system stocked with certain types of items? IE so I don't need to craft say ME cables I just auto have like 64 or so. I need this for multiple items not just ME cables.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Whats the easiest way to keep an AE system stocked with certain types of items? IE so I don't need to craft say ME cables I just auto have like 64 or so. I need this for multiple items not just ME cables.
ME export bus filtered with the specific item and set to "always craft" and "with redstone signal". Point export bus directly on a ME interface. Put a ME level emitter on the ME export bus, filter the item and set it to emit redstone signal when amount drops below limit set.

You will need a ME export bus + Level emitter per item you want kept in stock. But you can point several Export bus at the same Interface(or pipe it in with BC pipes if you are not too concerned about it overproducing a bit).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You will need a ME export bus + Level emitter per item you want kept in stock. But you can point several Export bus at the same Interface(or pipe it in with BC pipes if you are not too concerned about it overproducing a bit).
I had a load of these in Unleashed, I could have sworn I posted some pics but I can't find them. Here, I made a new screenshot:
2014-03-22_21.55.06.png

The emitters on the right turn on when the item count is above a threshold. The ones on the left turn on when the main ingredient of the item goes below a threshold. The export buses export in "Always Craft" mode when there is no signal.

Last edited:

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
I've a question regarding biofuel. (Ethanol)
I've a Forestry apple farm up and running which produces saplings, mulch, log and apples.
The squeezed juice from those apples, the saplings and mulch are piped into the fertilizer to produce biomass. From there it goes to some stills and the ethanol is then piped into a steam boiler to generate EU through a steam tourbine.
But I'm having a great excess of log/wood with this setup. What can i do with all this log to get even more energy out of it?
I could burn it to produce charcoal and power another steam boiler for example. But is there a more efficient way of converting log into energy?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've a question regarding biofuel. (Ethanol)
I've a Forestry apple farm up and running which produces saplings, mulch, log and apples.
The squeezed juice from those apples, the saplings and mulch are piped into the fertilizer to produce biomass. From there it goes to some stills and the ethanol is then piped into a steam boiler to generate EU through a steam tourbine.
But I'm having a great excess of log/wood with this setup. What can i do with all this log to get even more energy out of it?
I could burn it to produce charcoal and power another steam boiler for example. But is there a more efficient way of converting log into energy?

If you are using Thaumcraft, you can apparently make Alumentum out of charcoal and stone to provide more energy than charcoal alone, and these videos document automating the process. As a plus, DW makes every 10th episode available to download so you can try it pre-assembled if you want.

Direwolf20 Let's Play Ep. 49

Direwolf20 Let's Play Ep. 50

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.
But I'm using TechWorld2 modpack. So no magic, only tech stuff.
I found something about crafting scaffolds out of wood and burn these. But it seems like it's kind of an exploit, because scaffolds deliver so much energy when burned.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So thinking of building a basic "flying quarry that uses mining wells" build BUT I want to use redstone instead of computers AND I want it to be able to do a spiral pattern.

Sort of so it goes up one then left 2 then down 2 then right 3.

Basically I want to achieve the giant empty space of a quarry without using a quarry. Any idea how?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys in DW20 is there any way to convert a factorization charge into mj. I want to power bee's machinary witch steam turbines and mirrors if that's possible. Thanks.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys in DW20 is there any way to convert a factorization charge into mj. I want to power bee's machinary witch steam turbines and mirrors if that's possible. Thanks.
The steam produced by factorization's solar boiler is exactly the same as the steam produced by any other means in FTB. Just swap in a dynamo or engine rather than the turbine and you'll be fine.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to get out of a mystcraft age? Even it is massively cheaty? I am playing single player and am honestly stuck. Been searching for that portal thing for 3 hours now. I give up, I just wanna go home.