Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if bumping this post is obnoxious.. I don't really want to play until I get this sorted out. I'm kind of in a pickle between having to do all of my research again or having to rebuild all that I had built between my last backup and the older backup.
You might need to replace the level.dat file as well.
From my own testing the playername.dat does nothing in SSP unless you change the level.dat entry as well.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
You might need to replace the level.dat file as well.
From my own testing the playername.dat does nothing in SSP unless you change the level.dat entry as well.

That worked! Thank you!

TBH I'm not too familiar with those specific files (hence me not replying in that thread, I was hoping someone else who had a clue would respond), but if you can't get that to work and want your research without having to redo it all, try a "/tc help" in game to walk you through how to re-add specific researches. Or just use the cheat sheet, whatever you want to do.

For some reason /tc help doesn't do anything and /help comes up with an error instead of a list of commands. That would still come in handy since there is research I have to redo.

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to feed multiple lamps of growth? I need a lot of herba essentia to do so and I'm stuck on figuring out what items are best to burn to do so.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to feed multiple lamps of growth? I need a lot of herba essentia to do so and I'm stuck on figuring out what items are best to burn to do so.
What do you have a lot of? Leaves are a fairly plentiful source if you have a MFR farm shearing things. Even with the 1 essentia per block and the recent changes to MFR you should still be able to get a good supply. You can also try sapplings if you are not using them for something else. Or vines from a jungle tree farm (you need to be growing the 2x2 trees to get the vines).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Is there any ill effects by the different kinds of TC4.1 nodes(except the hungry node ofc)? And are there any positive effects from for example the Pure nodes?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there any ill effects by the different kinds of TC4.1 nodes(except the hungry node ofc)? And are there any positive effects from for example the Pure nodes?
Well, if the config options are enabled to make them more evil... Tainted Nodes, if I understand correctly, do the taint spreading thingy. Sinister Nodes do a thing where zombies that spawn in eerie Biomes can be furious zombies, which are super evil and strong.
Pure Nodes are great for cleaning taint, eerie, and IIRC, they can even spawn magical forests to a slight degree.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well, if the config options are enabled to make them more evil... Tainted Nodes, if I understand correctly, do the taint spreading thingy. Sinister Nodes do a thing where zombies that spawn in eerie Biomes can be furious zombies, which are super evil and strong.
Pure Nodes are great for cleaning taint, eerie, and IIRC, they can even spawn magical forests to a slight degree.
Right ok, so I probably shouldn't bring back sinister nodes etc back to my base to recharge wands :p

I am guessing that nodes kinda decay when you bottle them up and go from normal to pale, fading etc and eventually become sinister if you keep bottling them up and releasing them etc?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Right ok, so I probably shouldn't bring back sinister nodes etc back to my base to recharge wands :p
Not really, I mean, zombies only spawn in dark areas, so just light up the whole eerie biome and you'll be fine. That includes underground, though.
Alternatively, place the node near some of those purifying plant things and it'll be fine, it can't spread eerie if they're always cleaning it up.

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
I am guessing that nodes kinda decay when you bottle them up and go from normal to pale, fading etc and eventually become sinister if you keep bottling them up and releasing them etc?

False, the modifiers like pure, sinister, tainted, etc are separate from the brightness modifer.

The former will stay constant no matter how many times you bottle it up while the brightness modifer (the normal -> pale and so on will only go down to fading which is the lowest possible level of brightness.[DOUBLEPOST=1395268241][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do you have a lot of? Leaves are a fairly plentiful source if you have a MFR farm shearing things. Even with the 1 essentia per block and the recent changes to MFR you should still be able to get a good supply. You can also try sapplings if you are not using them for something else. Or vines from a jungle tree farm (you need to be growing the 2x2 trees to get the vines).

I don't really have an MFR farm going just yet - are they easy to set up? I've tried to stay away from tech for as long as I can since I'm shooting for pure magic until I get to OP level (so KAMI stuff from thaumic tinkerer, etc)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
False, the modifiers like pure, sinister, tainted, etc are separate from the brightness modifer.

The former will stay constant no matter how many times you bottle it up while the brightness modifer (the normal -> pale and so on will only go down to fading which is the lowest possible level of brightness.
Yet all of this and more can be fixed with Advanced Thamaturgy and the Node Modifier.

Just thinking though; bright is the highest. Normal doesn't show up unless it's alone(IIRC). Pale is weaker. Fading can not recharge at all and when it's empty, it's gone. Pure, Tainted, Sinister, and Hungry are "subtypes".

...Where does Unstable fit in all of this?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

The former will stay constant no matter how many times you bottle it up while the brightness modifer (the normal -> pale and so on will only go down to fading which is the lowest possible level of brightness.[DOUBLEPOST=1395268241][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't really have an MFR farm going just yet - are they easy to set up? I've tried to stay away from tech for as long as I can since I'm shooting for pure magic until I get to OP level (so KAMI stuff from thaumic tinkerer, etc)
Ahh I see, and the brightness have an impact on node size or vis regen speed?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh I see, and the brightness have an impact on node size or vis regen speed?
Not size, but regeneration speed. They used to call "Sinister" nodes "dark", which was really stupid when you found a "Dark, Bright" node.
Node size is just how much is in it. Not much effect on brightness or subtype.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Can you pump liquid metals out of a smeltery them pump them into a tank THEN take them from the tank and into a casting basin? Would that work?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

If you want to stay in the magical department then a golem farm should produce a good supply of sapplings. Also you used to be able to break down essentia in the alchemical centrifuge, arbor from wood/planks should break down into terra and herba, so that might be an option to increase your supply although I have no idea how fast the centrifuge is or if it still in 4.1

Can you pump liquid metals out of a smeltery them pump them into a tank THEN take them from the tank and into a casting basin? Would that work?
yes, unless someone has broken something recently you should be able to take liquid metal from a tank, although depending on the tank you might need to coax it out with a liquiduct or something similar. If you are looking to use a faucet direct from the tank then.. don't know, but it can't hurt to try. Quick test: yes the faucet will work with a tank, tried with open blocks tank and railcraft tanks, should work with others

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone happen to know whats causing an MFR grinder/cursed earth set up to randomly explode?

Never mind figured it out. Its the god damn dark/light mages that aggro everything, any way to stop this?

Edit, turned off mob griefing for now but if anyone has another solution, let me know.

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone happen to know whats causing an MFR grinder/cursed earth set up to randomly explode?

Never mind figured it out. Its the god damn dark/light mages that aggro everything, any way to stop this?

Edit, turned off mob griefing for now but if anyone has another solution, let me know.
Step one: Install TPPI
Step two: Disable light and dark mage spawning
Step ???: Steal Underpants
Step four: ???
Step five: PROFIT!

In a less insane explaination, the TPPI pack has it's own handy mod called TPPI Tweaks, and one of the config options lets you disable AM2 Mobs from spawning.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

In a less insane explaination, the TPPI pack has it's own handy mod called TPPI Tweaks, and one of the config options lets you disable AM2 Mobs from spawning.
That option is also added by open bocks...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019

Alright, I'll check it out, thanks.

In other news, the idea I had about pumping liquid metals into a tank, then using pipes to pump out the metal into crucibles is quite possibly the best idea I've had in a long while. Crucible fills up instantly, and it looks quite nice aswell.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Alright, I'll check it out, thanks.

In other news, the idea I had about pumping liquid metals into a tank, then using pipes to pump out the metal into crucibles is quite possibly the best idea I've had in a long while. Crucible fills up instantly, and it looks quite nice aswell.
If you have it, you might want to take a look at the AE addon Extracells. As far as I understand it, it should be entirely possible to automate AE to autocraft TiCo parts with it since it can handle liquids.