Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What's the deal with Witchery? I mean, what are the cool things you can do with it? Like, what's the main direction it is leads? Thaumcraft has all kinds of magic things, Blood Magic is comparable but more evil and Ars Magica let's you create spells? But what can you do with Witchery?

Check out Direwolf20's 3-part Mod Spotlight from this past weekend:

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
What options are there when world gen has fucked up again so that throwing Eyes of Ender points you to a solid mass of rock? Come to think of it, the cause isn't vanilla MC worldgen (map was created in Monster 1.0.9, running 1.1.0 which is obviously still 1.6.4)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
I have always used the Gravigun to move spawners in earlier versions. What options do we have in the 1.6 packs in addition to Portal guns(preferably something that doesn't require nether stars)?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
What options are there when world gen has fucked up again so that throwing Eyes of Ender points you to a solid mass of rock? Come to think of it, the cause isn't vanilla MC worldgen (map was created in Monster 1.0.9, running 1.1.0 which is obviously still 1.6.4)
It's probably BoP or ATG updating and changing the worldgen.
EDIT: You can spend a good time farming Ender Essence crops to make End Portal blocks.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
That cant be right? That the crafting is down to the randomness of enchants?
Your enchants are random? Anyway Frugal is really common, if you enchant 4 wand caps you're pretty much guaranteed to get it on one of them. I think 3 of my 4 caps have Frugal 3.
Can the Wand Recharge Pedestal recharge from bottled nodes?
Yes, but the node doesn't recharge when it's in a bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infallible83

sandgrifff

Jul 29, 2019
question:

can i reset a few chunks in my singleplayer map?
wanna make a fresh start without destroying my main building.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Simple question oh ye knowledgeable folks:
Is there a jetpack in the Horizons pack that offers hover capability? (Or a way to make the RotaryCraft jetpacks hover?)

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question oh ye knowledgeable folks:
Is there a jetpack in the Horizons pack that offers hover capability? (Or a way to make the RotaryCraft jetpacks hover?)
Horizons includes Thaumcraft, which has creative flight in the form of the Thaumostatic Harness. Ars Magica 2 has flight magic. Witchery may have flight options.

So, yes, kinda. There is flying magic available. RotaryCraft seems to be the only tech flight.

Reactions: Pyure

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumostatic Harness. I just wish there was a way to sneak while hovering so I can wrench things or sneak-place blocks.
Can you not hold shift and spacebar to sneak-hover? Works with other creative flight, including morph, actual creative mode, gravisuit, and modular power suits.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thaumostatic Harness. I just wish there was a way to sneak while hovering so I can wrench things or sneak-place blocks.
Horizons includes Thaumcraft, which has creative flight in the form of the Thaumostatic Harness. Ars Magica 2 has flight magic. Witchery may have flight options.

So, yes, kinda. There is flying magic available. RotaryCraft seems to be the only tech flight.
Thanks to both. I was sort of aware of the AM2 version, but couldn't figure out how to progress down the magical path far enough to unlock the (red?) skill points required for flight. I'll look into TC next perhaps (not a huge fan of magic mods)[DOUBLEPOST=1395235838][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you not hold shift and spacebar to sneak-hover? Works with other creative flight, including morph, actual creative mode, gravisuit, and modular power suits.
I tried a bunch of combinations, not sure if I did that exact one. I'll try it again tonight.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I've been messing around mf2 for a while and forgot how ic2 worked. Is it that you can put a 60eu line into a bat box as long as they are from coal generators or you have to keep it under 32eu total incoming for a batbox?