Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so my simple question. Tree breeding and bee pollination. Does a tree show up with a colored leaf(a new sapling type) as part of growing from sapling to grown or AFTER it is grown?
I'm going thru a lot of tree breeding cycles where I am not getting any cross-bred colored leaves showing up and I don't know if I'm unlucky or just not waiting long enough.
Thanks.
The cross polination thing happens after it is grown. There is no real 'cycle' with trees like there are with bees you just have to plant the tree, let it grow and wait until the leaves change, then harvest that leaf block that has changed color

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so my simple question. Tree breeding and bee pollination. Does a tree show up with a colored leaf(a new sapling type) as part of growing from sapling to grown or AFTER it is grown?
I'm going thru a lot of tree breeding cycles where I am not getting any cross-bred colored leaves showing up and I don't know if I'm unlucky or just not waiting long enough.
Thanks.
Also make sure you are wearing the forestry spectacles as they make it a lot easier to see crossbreed leaves

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do you do with unknown knowledge research notes (what results in you crafting 9 knowledge fragments together)?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do you do with unknown knowledge research notes (what results in you crafting 9 knowledge fragments together)?
What version of Thaumcraft? Is it Thaumcraft 3? If so, you put them in the slot the researches usually appear in in the research table and start attempting the research.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Thaumcraft? Is it Thaumcraft 3? If so, you put them in the slot the researches usually appear in in the research table and start attempting the research.

Oops, forgot to mention that. Thaumcraft 4 (4.1 more specifically).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How far apart from one another slimy saplings need to be to grow ?

Can you insta grow them by any way ? I tried bone meal and hoe of growth, noe has worked.
They can be right next to each other, but slime blocks will not overwrite leaves so you will get a low yield from some. I dont know of anything that can expedite their growth, but I havent tried watering can or lamp of growth.

Reactions: guiguilyon

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
If i have a small ME network setup, for taking scrap from recyclers and crafting them into fertilizer, can i use a pattern provider in an ME interface for crafting it? or do i have to make a MAC just for this? Also, if I have an export bus on the system with fertilizer, and the materials for crafting fertilizer, will it automatically craft fertilizer and send it to the export bus?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
If i have a small ME network setup, for taking scrap from recyclers and crafting them into fertilizer, can i use a pattern provider in an ME interface for crafting it? or do i have to make a MAC just for this? Also, if I have an export bus on the system with fertilizer, and the materials for crafting fertilizer, will it automatically craft fertilizer and send it to the export bus?
If it's just one crafting recipe, I'd be tempted to use some external crafting system like a cyclic assembler rather than building a small MAC.

If you use a precision export bus and set it to export/craft it will automatically craft if the target receptacle has room and you have the ingredients. This requires you to define the crafting recipe somewhere in your system, though. If you just want on-demand fertilizer rather than making as much as possible, I'd recommend putting the crafting pattern into an ME interface connected to your crafting block.

Reactions: WeaponMaster

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ignorable are comparable with swarmer bees and will die out eventually. You do not want to use these for breeding. They can be used in "Bee House"(they wont die in the lowest tier bee house, but cant be automated) to produce some basic resources to fuel your Beealyzer etc. But else they are Genepoolfodder.

Pristine bees are the pure bees which you want to keep and use for breeding. They wont die out and can be bred and put in any type of housing without any ill effect.

EDIT: @Padfoote :p

I do things a little different. I consider the whole bee breeding process disposable. So I use the only ignoble bees for breeding. Once I have the species serum, I inject it into pristine production bees (mostly rocky bees).

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions 1 a 2 parter
1) Does a golem have a sight range of 9x9x9 or 9x9x3?
2) do arcane levitators effect golems and if so does the golem ride it intelligently or just run to the side and fall out.

Thanks for the help in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the funnest way to power your base? I don't like cheesy stuff like lava generation.

Also how do I get RF to AE power?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I tried that but it does nothing. That's why I'm asking. :p

Do you already have all of the Golem Accessories (bow tie, visor, dart launcher, etc)? That is the only thing the hidden research was for in TC 3 and 4.0.[DOUBLEPOST=1394567641][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats the funnest way to power your base? I don't like cheesy stuff like lava generation.

Also how do I get RF to AE power?

Not sure about the funnest... I use a pair of refined bees to power my base. As for AE just use an energy conduit to it from your RF producers (tesseract, energycell, dynamo). It must connect to the ME controller.