Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Do you already have all of the Golem Accessories (bow tie, visor, dart launcher, etc)? That is the only thing the hidden research was for in TC 3 and 4.0.

I don't have any research done in Golemancy minus the hungry chest (which was one of the instant ones) so maybe that's why they don't do anything yet? The Thaumonomicon isn't exactly clear on it and when I put it in the research table (where normal research goes) nothing shows up.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I don't have any research done in Golemancy minus the hungry chest (which was one of the instant ones) so maybe that's why they don't do anything yet? The Thaumonomicon isn't exactly clear on it and when I put it in the research table (where normal research goes) nothing shows up.
Yeah, if you can't make golems then you can't make the sartorial accessories for them either.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
What's the power transfer limit for the TE3 tesseracts? And does it have any loss?
I think it is only limited by the connections you make on each face. The energy loss is 25%, but it can be configured.
what mod makes the leaves decay fast?
RandomThings. They still drop what they are supposed to drop. If you are using a MFR Harvester, put a vacuum hopper/golem/etc nearby to collect the drops.

Reactions: Padfoote

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
coal is supposed to provide more power and burn a bit longer. Could be wrong though.

Nvm wow...somehow the page I was looking at had this as the first unread topic....gg lol

Some things require coal instead of charcoal. It does not last longer in vanilla furnaces tho.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I just made the ichor's wrapped silver wand with ichor caps for thaumcraft. Is there any reason to make the primal staff now?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to alter the biome type of an area in FTB Monster? I know there were some old buildcraft machines that altered a biome, and also that the silverwood trees alter the biome if you grow them, but is there a way to select the biome that is generated?

I remember using a machine in FTB ultimate or unleashed pack that changed the area. You could add a module on this machine to either make the terrain weter or drier, or add tress...that kind of stuff. I think I watched a Direwolf video about it. I guess it was a mod spotlight. But I can't remember what mod and what machine it was. And I don't remember if it was actually changing the biome.

I'm gonna try to remember. :D But it does/did existed, I'm sure.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
I remember using a machine in FTB ultimate or unleashed pack that changed the area. You could add a module on this machine to either make the terrain weter or drier, or add tress...that kind of stuff. I think I watched a Direwolf video about it. I guess it was a mod spotlight. But I can't remember what mod and what machine it was. And I don't remember if it was actually changing the biome.

I'm gonna try to remember. :D But it does/did existed, I'm sure.

It might be the IC2 Terraformer. I'm not sure if it's still in IC2 and working but if it's there you can try it.

Reactions: guiguilyon

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Since the update to 1.1.0 I've got the buff icons on the left of the screen. Can't seem to pinpoint which mod it is, any clues?

I think this is Status Effect HUD. You can change its GUI position from its config file (StatusEffectHUD.cfg) located in Monster\minecraft\config folder. Same applies for ARmor Status HUD mod (ArmorStatusHUD.cfg) which is from the same author.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions 1 a 2 parter
1) Does a golem have a sight range of 9x9x9 or 9x9x3?
2) do arcane levitators effect golems and if so does the golem ride it intelligently or just run to the side and fall out.

Thanks for the help in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it got buried in the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
It might be the IC2 Terraformer. I'm not sure if it's still in IC2 and working but if it's there you can try it.

I just reminded I was indeed talking about IndustrialCraft Terraformer. I researched really quick and it seems this doesn't change the biome (only the terrain). But, looking for "terraformer" in NEI I discover the Rotarycraft Terraformer. And according to its forum page it can change the biome! You can nnly change it to a smilar biome according to this page. So if you want a complete change (desert to snow for example), you have to make several steps. But it works (I guess). Haven't tried it myself yet.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I just made the ichor's wrapped silver wand with ichor caps for thaumcraft. Is there any reason to make the primal staff now?
Staffs deal quite a bit of damage so you can use it instead of a sword and save some space in your hot bar

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I remember watching a Direwolf video where he was using a machine that can skin cows to get leather and get feather from chickens , but without killing them. What machine/mod is it ?