Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I updated to Monster 1.1.0, and all the Essence Dust turned into Extreme Essence. Anyone know why?
Think there was a small ID change in some of the mods a few versions back. But makes sense if you updated from last recommended version to 1.1.0

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I did, and it's quite a gamebreaking ID change.
We have all been warned that bugs like that almost certainly would happen during transition from beta to stable. IMO you should have the server reset for the occasion, if nothing else than to take advantage of all the improvements to worldgen that has been made recently.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Then change the ID to something else, the liquid will get deleted, then refund everyone or just tell em to stuff it an quit complaining.
Indeed. I replaced them. But, it was rather annoying.
We have all been warned that bugs like that almost certainly would happen during transition from beta to stable. IMO you should have the server reset for the occasion, if nothing else than to take advantage of all the improvements to worldgen that has been made recently.
It doesn't matter that much because it is only a casual server to help people learn FTB. What improvements have been made?

Regeanom

Jul 29, 2019
Since the update to 1.1.0 I've got the buff icons on the left of the screen. Can't seem to pinpoint which mod it is, any clues?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Indeed. I replaced them. But, it was rather annoying.

It doesn't matter that much because it is only a casual server to help people learn FTB. What improvements have been made?
Depending on what version and world gen you used, quite a few changes were made to ATG.

Also the COFH oregen have been completely redone for 1.1.0.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Checking now, but if so. I'm an idiot.

--

Confirmed. I am an idiot. It was StatusEffectHUD. Forgot to redisable it after update. Thanks for the help.
Glad you solved it.

--

Since updating to Monster 1.1.0, the client eats 30% CPU and 4GB of RAM. Any way to fix this?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It was 1.0.9. I didn't use ATG to begin with. How has COFH oregen changed?
Afaik all the ores were rebalanced and the spawn of them are now more natural in the new world gen options(you actually get ore in the ATG mountains now for example).

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reliable way to remove all the lava and water from an area that's been dug out with my turtle?

Program a turtle to follow a path that enters every block in the mined out area. Turtles can enter lava/water with no problem, and it gets rid of the source.