Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I got bad font for a while when I was browsing the forums through a remote connection (a Citrix session) that couldn't be fullscreened and therefore squashed the image together.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there any way to change the biome from Eerie back to Savanna (what the surroundings are)?

You can try several ethreal blooms. But they generate a random biome when they work. I tried a few of them to get rid of an eerie biome near my home. One flower converted it to Savanah and the other converted it to a swamp biome. I wound up removing the blooms the planting silverwoods. The surrounding biome in this case was Magical Forest.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
Question regarding FTB Unleashed mobs.

Does anyone know of any mobs (other than Biomes O Plenty Rosesters) that produce Dyes?

I'm trying to make a MFR BioReactor setup with max efficiency and so far I've got Bonemeal from Skeletons, Ink Sacs from Squids and Red dye from Rosesters... And they make 6 of the dyes (white,grey,light grey, black, red, pink). If I could get blue or yellow I'd be totally set... And I don't want to use Lapis because it's not renewable.

P.S. I also don't want to use Minium stones because they shards are a pain to maintain supply of.

Tdubz

Jul 29, 2019

Does anyone know of any mobs (other than Biomes O Plenty Rosesters) that produce Dyes?

I'm trying to make a MFR BioReactor setup with max efficiency and so far I've got Bonemeal from Skeletons, Ink Sacs from Squids and Red dye from Rosesters... And they make 6 of the dyes (white,grey,light grey, black, red, pink). If I could get blue or yellow I'd be totally set... And I don't want to use Lapis because it's not renewable.

P.S. I also don't want to use Minium stones because they shards are a pain to maintain supply of.

Sorry ChickenMacNugget, I looked and looked, also noticed Unleashed does not have DyeTrees unfortunately. Which I thought was part of Biomes-O-Plenty, but it seems to be its own mod. EHhhh...I hate it when I can't find the answer.

Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm, using the plant-based fuel generator without using any plants - an interesting proposition. However, I'm afraid if you're just using mod drops, you've hit the limit.

With a little luck you could get Valiant bees from hives. Those give cocoa and can be bred into dye producing bees exceptionally easily.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Either plant a Silverwood Tree with a pure node or Ethereal Blooms nearby. Destroying the terrain does very little because the taint is in the biome, not the actual blocks. The time to clean the terrain depends on the amount of taint, but it's pretty fast.
Will it grow if I plant it on clean dirt in the middle of the tainted area? Or do I have to plant it just outside the taint?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Hmm, using the plant-based fuel generator without using any plants - an interesting proposition. However, I'm afraid if you're just using mod drops, you've hit the limit.

With a little luck you could get Valiant bees from hives. Those give cocoa and can be bred into dye producing bees exceptionally easily.

The bees can actually produce all dyes. In addition they can produce lapis as well which make lapis a renewable resource.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

How do you turn them into dyes? All I ever got in unleashed were tinted drops which could be squeezed to produce .2 honey instead of .1 and that was it.

But with lapis from bees you should have all 9 taken care of (lapis should net you blue, light blue and purple) Unfortunately lapis from bees is a long process if you are starting from scratch and getting good traits can also be somewhat involved.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
How do you turn them into dyes? All I ever got in unleashed were tinted drops which could be squeezed to produce .2 honey instead of .1 and that was it.

But with lapis from bees you should have all 9 taken care of (lapis should net you blue, light blue and purple) Unfortunately lapis from bees is a long process if you are starting from scratch and getting good traits can also be somewhat involved.

Not sure about Unleashed. I know in the 1.6.4 DW20 pack the tinted combs do produce tinted drops which then can be turned into dyes.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about Unleashed. I know in the 1.6.4 DW20 pack the tinted combs do produce tinted drops which then can be turned into dyes.
Sigh... IN THE SQUEEZER, thanks for the info, that must have got fixed in the change from the pre build to the whatever-it-is now build

Also they don't work in MFR reactors anyway, so even if you could fix them for unleashed you would need to unify them to the vanilla dyes.