Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Those, as well as diamond blocks, liquified Ender pearls (whatever they're called), and possibly destabilized redstone.
Well, it's not for me. It says this:
Control Rods may only be placed on the top face, atop a column of fuel rods.

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Where do I find a sapphire from Biomes O' Plenty? I'm looking but I only see vague answers (like water-type biomes). I'd like an exact list of the biomes where sapphire spawns if possible.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Another question: I've already fully enchanted my armor using the Osmotic Enchanter, but I have no Magic Resistance from Ars Magica on it. Is there a way to get the Magic Resistance on ym already enchanted armor, maybe using a book and an anvil or something?

Last edited:

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's not for me. It says this:
Control Rods may only be placed on the top face, atop a column of fuel rods.
My example does not have cooling so you an see it better. In the last image, red highlighted square is Reactor Controller and the green highlighted square is Reactor Access Port. Put the fuel in the access port. Put the cooling around the fuel rods, inside the casings. Add a Power Tap to transfer power.

ILOkrJ2.png
UuGnt9d.png
UoXAwtf.png

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
If it's 5x5, the internal area is 3x3. Put fuel rods in the middle, up to the top, with the control rod on top of it.

EDIT: Made this for you:

My example does not have cooling so you an see it better. In the last image, red highlighted square is Reactor Controller and the green highlighted square is Reactor Access Port. Put the fuel in the access port. Put the cooling around the fuel rods, inside the casings. Add a Power Tap to transfer power.

ILOkrJ2.png
UuGnt9d.png
UoXAwtf.png
Thanks.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Another question looking for a specific block to do a certain action.

I was wondering if there are more blocks similar to the Applied Energistics ME Transition Plane? Specifically, I'm looking for a block to place next to sheep to catch sheared wool (using autonomous activator with shears) although I'd like one that doesn't require any form energy. Once again, I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 pack.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Another question looking for a specific block to do a certain action.

I was wondering if there are more blocks similar to the Applied Energistics ME Transition Plane? Specifically, I'm looking for a block to place next to sheep to catch sheared wool (using autonomous activator with shears) although I'd like one that doesn't require any form energy. Once again, I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 pack.
Vacuum hoppers are a good option
Normal hoppers could also work
Brooms from ars magica would work will and they're cheap

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Vacuum hoppers are a good option
Normal hoppers could also work
Brooms from ars magica would work will and they're cheap

I'll look into vacuum hoppers and the brooms. Normal hoppers won't work because you need the grass below the sheep so they can regrow their wool. :p

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into a problem with logistic pipes and the redstone furnace (Thermal expansion):
Is it possible to let the furnace output the cooked items into a LP pipe (e.g. chassis with 1x item sink + 1x extractor)?
Whenever I change the face of the side that's connected to the pipe to the orange output type (doesn't ouput anything with the blue one), my game crashes and I have to use an old save because it won't let my load the other one (just a crash).
I'm playing on a custom modpack (1.6.4) with LP 0.7.4.dev.83 and TE 3.0.0.2 - is this a known bug and does anyone know if it has already been fixed in a new version?