Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kholdstare

Jul 29, 2019
Does the item sink still work if it isn't directly connected to the furnace?
It looks like the problem got fixed in version 0.7.4.dev.89. That's great and I was even able to load the save that kept crashing the game BUT now I have to use 2 sides of the furnace: 1 with item sink and 1 to extract the stuff. Isn't there a way to do both with the same pipe using the same side?
Awesome, that's good to hear! As far as I'm aware you need separate sides with the TE3 machines unless you're using Factorisation routers. On the plus side even a stone pipe will extract so it's not that costly.

For compact setups I'd have basic logistics pipes for extraction (so they're smart about where the items go) and a single router with a speed upgrade to insert ores into the furnaces and an itemsink or supply pipe going in.

Finnen78

Jul 29, 2019
You can travel farther afield and scan a bunch of previously-unscanned nodes to get a big supply of the basic aspects, then combine them in the research table to get the compund aspects. Let's say you needed Mortuus (death). You could grab a bunch of water, earth and chaos from nodes, then combine the water and earth to get Victus (life), then combine that with the chaos aspect to get the Mortuus.

nice, Thanks Museli, is that the only way? because im short on the base aspects.... mostly, i made a blunder when i tried to get research, i forgot to add paper. so... i havent got to far off in the thaum research tree as of yet.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
nice, Thanks Museli, is that the only way? because im short on the base aspects.... mostly, i made a blunder when i tried to get research, i forgot to add paper. so... i havent got to far off in the thaum research tree as of yet.
If you were lucky enough to have research the Deconstruction Table, setup up a mossy cobble gen and pump it into a couple of Decon Tables. Mossy cobble covers most of the base aspects. Another good item to use is netherwart, if you can set up an auto-farm for them.

Just keep an eye out for when one of them successfully deconstructs so you can pull out the aspect, since it only keeps one in at a time (and why I suggest having more than one).

Reactions: Finnen78 and Museli

Finnen78

Jul 29, 2019
If you were lucky enough to have research the Deconstruction Table, setup up a mossy cobble gen and pump it into a couple of Decon Tables. Mossy cobble covers most of the base aspects. Another good item to use is netherwart, if you can set up an auto-farm for them.

Just keep an eye out for when one of them successfully deconstructs so you can pull out the aspect, since it only keeps one in at a time (and why I suggest having more than one).

well... dont have that decon... but ill definetly look into it more now that uve sugested it :D thanks Tristam

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
How much sewage does 1 sewer with 1 cow produce? I can't find verified facts for this, and I need to do the math for a MFR tree farm. I plan on making it emerald upgraded, with a fertilizer.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Playing monster and have yet to find a Thaumcraft altar, which I found all the time playing Unleashed and Ultimate. Has this been deprecated? Also, have they stopped the random items in chests from Thaumcraft 4? This process was my usual method of getting the thaumcraft pick and shovel - much easier than doing the research :D

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Playing monster and have yet to find a Thaumcraft altar, which I found all the time playing Unleashed and Ultimate. Has this been deprecated? Also, have they stopped the random items in chests from Thaumcraft 4? This process was my usual method of getting the thaumcraft pick and shovel - much easier than doing the research :D
Random is as random does. But seriously, it is random, I have found plenty of TC stuff in chests. I've generally found the altars (circles of obsidian with a spawner underneath) in mountainous biomes, but I don't think they require a specific height since I have found them in large quantities in a flat mystcraft age with jungle mountain biomes.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What options are there for creating dirt (excluding IC2 plantballs)? I don't want to dig up dirt as that will be a mess. NEI doesn't show any options, but there are some things that NEI doesn't show.

I know MFR and it's sludge boiler can generate a side amount of dirt (and a lot of clay), but I've done MFR to death. I'm starting a new highly technical build using Mekanism, but first I need to get a brickworks up and running to be able to build the main area. Some of the materials I need require clay, and I'll need a lot of it. Mekansim has an option to turn Dirt to Clay, so I need a lot of Dirt.

If there is no option, then I may add a custom recipe that cooking a Hay Bale gives 1 Dirt, so I can setup a Wheat Farm (most likely Forestry since avoiding MFR). Not exactly "realistic" but at least involves machines and power.

Edit:
Some research shows that I could use Forestry to produce Mycelium, then I could use some form of block placing and breaking to turn it into dirt. Just concerned about how laggy that could be (Test world here I come).
Still open to other options.

Last edited:

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
How you can make primal staff whitout thaumic tinkere? for thamium charg caps and primal staf you need more then 130 vi...

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
What options are there for creating dirt (excluding IC2 plantballs)? I don't want to dig up dirt as that will be a mess. NEI doesn't show any options, but there are some things that NEI doesn't show.

I know MFR and it's sludge boiler can generate a side amount of dirt (and a lot of clay), but I've done MFR to death. I'm starting a new highly technical build using Mekanism, but first I need to get a brickworks up and running to be able to build the main area. Some of the materials I need require clay, and I'll need a lot of it. Mekansim has an option to turn Dirt to Clay, so I need a lot of Dirt.

If there is no option, then I may add a custom recipe that cooking a Hay Bale gives 1 Dirt, so I can setup a Wheat Farm (most likely Forestry since avoiding MFR). Not exactly "realistic" but at least involves machines and power.

Edit:
Some research shows that I could use Forestry to produce Mycelium, then I could use some form of block placing and breaking to turn it into dirt. Just concerned about how laggy that could be (Test world here I come).
Still open to other options.
What pack/mods do you have available? Magical crops comes to mind, it is what I use and can produce vast quantities of dirt with a minimal investment. Witchery can convert stone or sand blocks into grass via the Rite of Nature's power. Haven't tested the area on it but if it is anything like the rite of fertility it has a radius of ~50 blocks. you would still need to dig them up manually however.

How you can make primal staff whitout thaumic tinkere? for thamium charg caps and primal staff you need more then 130 vi...
Well I haven't made one yet but I believe you are supposed to use the full robes with goggles, a silverwood wand and you might need to throw in a wand focus with frugal? 3. Whatever enchant reduces the vis cost of things.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you have Special Mobs, you can run around hugging Dirt Creepers. You might be able to build a farm out of them, but it would be a bit contrived. And it would involve an MFR spawner and a steady supply of Mob Essence.
Otherwise, if you have the latest Extra Utilities, you might be able to set up a cobblegen and use an Ender Quarry to replace the cobble with dirt and then break the dirt with a Terrain Smasher. Not sure if the EQ will re-start when the cobblegen activates, or if there is a way to force it to re-start (can they be broken and replaced with Terrain Smashers and Autonomous Activators?).