Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What pack/mods do you have available? Magical crops comes to mind, it is what I use and can produce vast quantities of dirt with a minimal investment. Witchery can convert stone or sand blocks into grass via the Rite of Nature's power. Haven't tested the area on it but if it is anything like the rite of fertility it has a radius of ~50 blocks. you would still need to dig them up manually however.
It's a custom pack, bit like DW20 pack but minus IC2, with Mekanism and a few other new mods that I feel DW20 would have fun with. Doesn't have magical crops or Witchery.Thanks for the suggestions.
I think I will go the forestry route. Don't care how slow it is, as long as it's automated.

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
What pack/mods do you have available? Magical crops comes to mind, it is what I use and can produce vast quantities of dirt with a minimal investment. Witchery can convert stone or sand blocks into grass via the Rite of Nature's power. Haven't tested the area on it but if it is anything like the rite of fertility it has a radius of ~50 blocks. you would still need to dig them up manually however.

Well I haven't made one yet but I believe you are supposed to use the full robes with goggles, a silverwood wand and you might need to throw in a wand focus with frugal? 3. Whatever enchant reduces the vis cost of things.

You cant use frugal on wands and i get it down to 150 vi :/ still too much

ok sorry you can use focus on wand so it work but still 124

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you have Special Mobs, you can run around hugging Dirt Creepers. You might be able to build a farm out of them, but it would be a bit contrived. And it would involve an MFR spawner and a steady supply of Mob Essence.
Otherwise, if you have the latest Extra Utilities, you might be able to set up a cobblegen and use an Ender Quarry to replace the cobble with dirt and then break the dirt with a Terrain Smasher. Not sure if the EQ will re-start when the cobblegen activates, or if there is a way to force it to re-start (can they be broken and replaced with Terrain Smashers and Autonomous Activators?).
Thanks, both are a bit awkward.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Ultimate, my quarries are starting to transform the area around my base to a surprisingly lag-free hole in the ground (might be due to its size, as there are way, way fewer blocks to load, even accounting for the sides of the hole). I'm largely satisfied with my setup. Solar arrays -> Energy Bridges -> Tesseracts -> Quarries. Together, my three quarries chew through the land like there's no tomorrow.

There's a problem, however. Once a quarry is finished digging, it stops accepting power. At that point, it takes a few seconds for the Golden Conductive Pipe between the Tesseract and the Quarry to fill to its capacity and explode. Is there a way to prevent this? I have some building/crafting/bee business floating above my hole, and only head over to the Quarries to set up new Land Marks and move the quarries. If I don't pay close attention to progress, my carefree tinkering is interrupted by a remote "kaboom" from the quarries, meaning I have to craft a new Golden Conductive Pipe when moving the quarries. I'm looking for some sort of overflow system, where excess MJ is either diverted from the pipe or forces the Tesseracts to shut down. Any help?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In FTB Ultimate, my quarries are starting to transform the area around my base to a surprisingly lag-free hole in the ground (might be due to its size, as there are way, way fewer blocks to load, even accounting for the sides of the hole). I'm largely satisfied with my setup. Solar arrays -> Energy Bridges -> Tesseracts -> Quarries. Together, my three quarries chew through the land like there's no tomorrow.

There's a problem, however. Once a quarry is finished digging, it stops accepting power. At that point, it takes a few seconds for the Golden Conductive Pipe between the Tesseract and the Quarry to fill to its capacity and explode. Is there a way to prevent this? I have some building/crafting/bee business floating above my hole, and only head over to the Quarries to set up new Land Marks and move the quarries. If I don't pay close attention to progress, my carefree tinkering is interrupted by a remote "kaboom" from the quarries, meaning I have to craft a new Golden Conductive Pipe when moving the quarries. I'm looking for some sort of overflow system, where excess MJ is either diverted from the pipe or forces the Tesseracts to shut down. Any help?
Erm, use a Buildcraft Gate system. It should be able to detect that the quarry has no work to do, then emit a redstone signal back to the tesseract, which can be configured to turn off once it receives that signal.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't I spawn any slimes ? I cleared two slimes chunck (3 blocks high) which are side by side, under level 40. And I stand at least 24 blocks away from it. Surrounding caves are lit up. But no slime spawn.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Why can't I spawn any slimes ? I cleared two slimes chunck (3 blocks high) which are side by side, under level 40. And I stand at least 24 blocks away from it. Surrounding caves are lit up. But no slime spawn.
I'm getting the same. Once, I found a single slime but it was in a small alcove just outside the slime chunk that I had cleared out. Perhaps the calculation in Opis is incorrect. I tried turning peaceful mode on and off again, just in case the mob cap had been reached, no luck. I had the same problem in my 1.4.7 world for a while, though. I came back a few days later, and the room was swarming with slimes. No idea why.

Reactions: guiguilyon

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019

Use an energy conduit from Thermal Expansion and it won't explode.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
About applied energistics, what is the molecular assembler used for? It seems like it is for crafting using your ME network, but can't you already do that using the crafting terminal? or have i just misunderstood the entire system?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
About applied energistics, what is the molecular assembler used for? It seems like it is for crafting using your ME network, but can't you already do that using the crafting terminal? or have i just misunderstood the entire system?
It is used to automate crafting

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
It is used to automate crafting
so, the function of a single automatic crafting table from BC, requiring the complexity of a multi-block structure? seriously? or is it for, say, clicking on a gravichest plate's recipe and having it magically craft it from the base resources in the system?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
so, the function of a single automatic crafting table from BC, requiring the complexity of a multi-block structure? seriously? or is it for, say, clicking on a gravichest plate's recipe and having it magically craft it from the base resources in the system?
You can store many recipes in a molecular assembly chamber (Mac) and it crafts them much more quickly then the BC auto creating table. It also allows you to see the recipes youve made and dear that item or set I'd items

Reactions: WeaponMaster

MustardFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain to me what the Laser Plus does? I have tried comparing it to a regular Laser and it looks like it goes the same speed, so what actually changes?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Even the smallest possible size of MAC is effectively equivalent to 54 auto-crafting tables which require 0 additional piping to work. My personal favorite setup for the MAC uses 9 pattern providers and 9 crafting CPUs and thus acts like 486 auto-crafting tables that craft at a rate of 10 crafts every 3 ticks (roughly 1 stack/sec)... and it only takes up a 5x4x5 box. For most people, that's already overkill, though for serious end-game stuff I've considered going even bigger so I can request literally any craftable block in the game. It's certainly pricy if you try to get into it early game, but it's well worth the investment.

EDIT: for what it's worth, I didn't bother teaching my ME system to make a gravichest since I only ever needed 1, but it can craft Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels with 2 clicks and about a minute of waiting for coal dust to get macerated.

Last edited:

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain to me what the Laser Plus does? I have tried comparing it to a regular Laser and it looks like it goes the same speed, so what actually changes?
http://yogpstopmcmods.sourceforge.net/en_US/qp/Readme.html

Laser Plus Advanced Laser.
Silktouch enchant produce splitting power with all table in its analyze area.
Fortune enchant produce more wide analyze area.
Efficiency Enchant produce highspeed working.
Unbreaking Enchant produce working with less energy.[DOUBLEPOST=1393488595][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone got a QuarryPlus with a PumpPlus connected working on a large body of water? More often than not, it just sits over a spot of water and freezes, even after resetting the quarry with a crescent hammer.
I've seen mention of changing blockID but that was for an earlier modpack I believe, and I can't seem to find WHAT blockID to change.

MustardFTW

Jul 29, 2019
http://yogpstopmcmods.sourceforge.net/en_US/qp/Readme.html

Laser Plus Advanced Laser.
Silktouch enchant produce splitting power with all table in its analyze area.
Fortune enchant produce more wide analyze area.
Efficiency Enchant produce highspeed working.
Unbreaking Enchant produce working with less energy.[DOUBLEPOST=1393488595][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone got a QuarryPlus with a PumpPlus connected working on a large body of water? More often than not, it just sits over a spot of water and freezes, even after resetting the quarry with a crescent hammer.
I've seen mention of changing blockID but that was for an earlier modpack I believe, and I can't seem to find WHAT blockID to change.
Oh I see thanks, and I am currently running a QuarryPlus with a PumpPlus connected but I am yet to hit a large body of liquid yet

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
nm, I found the answer - in the QuarryPlus.fg, make this change:
DrainLiquid {
D:BasePower=0.01 ***from 10

i.e. it should be 10 by default; changing it to 0.01 causes the liquids to fill up the PumpPlus and disappear from the quarry, and the quarry does its thing too. It's possible that it was working before, but the default power of 10 was high enough that for large areas of liquid, it seemed like nothing was happening. Not sure on that though, as there was no power draw from the attached engines/dynamos. Maybe the sum BasePower for the quarryPlus and the PumpPlus was exceeding the power provided per tick by my dynamos, and hence the whole thing stalled?

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
How can you use a defense station to kill people within a range, but not take their items? the server i play on has keep inventory turned on.