Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
I've already fully enchanted my armor using the Osmotic Enchanter, but I have no Magic Resistance from Ars Magica on it. Is there a way to get the Magic Resistance on ym already enchanted armor, maybe using a book and an anvil or something?

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try a golem with a gather core

I'm not sure if that would work with such little space. I want to keep the sheep in a one block cell basically. One side has the autonomous activator and the other whatever gathering device I find most suitable. It's been taking some trial and error.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm trying to make some very basic magical items (golden wand caps, greatwood core), and it's telling me I have insufficient vis. Does this have anything to do with the node I pickaxed earlier (thus destroying it), or is this like infusion crafting in Thaumcraft 3 and I have to toss some items in a crucible first?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm trying to make some very basic magical items (golden wand caps, greatwood core), and it's telling me I have insufficient vis. Does this have anything to do with the node I pickaxed earlier (thus destroying it), or is this like infusion crafting in Thaumcraft 3 and I have to toss some items in a crucible first?
do you have a wand inside of the table and have you charged it from a node?

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
How is it bugged?
My arcane compedium interface is darked, i have a new item glowing untouchble above AM ores, i miss items from compedium, i have problems channeling energy even with magictech staff, energy transfer on air dont show properly, projectile+dig+area is failing some times.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
My arcane compedium interface is darked, i have a new item glowing untouchble above AM ores, i miss items from compedium, i have problems channeling energy even with magictech staff, energy transfer on air dont show properly, projectile+dig+area is failing some times.
Are you on the newest version of am2? Because there were some bugs with the compendium but they've been fixed

kholdstare

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into a problem with logistic pipes and the redstone furnace (Thermal expansion):
Is it possible to let the furnace output the cooked items into a LP pipe (e.g. chassis with 1x item sink + 1x extractor)?
Whenever I change the face of the side that's connected to the pipe to the orange output type (doesn't ouput anything with the blue one), my game crashes and I have to use an old save because it won't let my load the other one (just a crash).
I'm playing on a custom modpack (1.6.4) with LP 0.7.4.dev.83 and TE 3.0.0.2 - is this a known bug and does anyone know if it has already been fixed in a new version?
I had exactly the same problem, it's something that's been fixed in newer versions of LP.
As a workaround you can just connect the output face to a normal stone/golden pipe since the TE machines auto-eject. The bug's been fixed and mine are still all like that since it works well enough for me.

ChickenMacNugget

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry ChickenMacNugget, I looked and looked, also noticed Unleashed does not have DyeTrees unfortunately. Which I thought was part of Biomes-O-Plenty, but it seems to be its own mod. EHhhh...I hate it when I can't find the answer.

It's cool Tdubz, thanks for the help anyway :D

Hmm, using the plant-based fuel generator without using any plants - an interesting proposition. However, I'm afraid if you're just using mod drops, you've hit the limit.

With a little luck you could get Valiant bees from hives. Those give cocoa and can be bred into dye producing bees exceptionally easily.

Hmmm, I've not started using bees in unleashed... had a big setup in Ultimate. The reason why I wanted mobs was so that I could turn off and on their spawning individually, with AE level emitters, so I could control the stock of each dye perfectly (just for fun really, and to avoid stock overflow)

Looks like you guys are right, I've tried every spawn egg! lol
I'll probably resort to using the 6 dyes available at all times to me... And then use my tree farm's saplings and seeds (I just have a 9 by 9 from MFR running oak, rubber trees and pumpkins/melons) when they're available to be used, so I get maximum efficiency a good fraction of the time.

Bees are just super slow to get in to, I want to have my fusion reactor (I added gregtech) up and running first, and then I'll have all the time in the world for platinum/ruby bees ;)

Thanks for the help!

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I had exactly the same problem, it's something that's been fixed in newer versions of LP.
As a workaround you can just connect the output face to a normal stone/golden pipe since the TE machines auto-eject. The bug's been fixed and mine are still all like that since it works well enough for me.
Does the item sink still work if it isn't directly connected to the furnace?
It looks like the problem got fixed in version 0.7.4.dev.89. That's great and I was even able to load the save that kept crashing the game BUT now I have to use 2 sides of the furnace: 1 with item sink and 1 to extract the stuff. Isn't there a way to do both with the same pipe using the same side?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Isn't there a way to do both with the same pipe using the same side?
Isn't there something called a "sneaky pipe", which can access a side other than the one that it's connected to? Not sure if there is a "sneaky module" that attaches to a chassis pipe or not. Would a Transvector Interface work, if you just can't reach the side you need to but can place another block next to the pipe? Could be a bit untidy though.