Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something I'm missing about the rotarycraft boring machine? I'm giving it power with three steam engines, which according to it's information gui should be plenty.

Throw a dynamometer or use the angular transducer to see how much energy and such you are actually putting to the borer. Likely you are not putting in what you think you are.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something I'm missing about the rotarycraft boring machine? I'm giving it power with three steam engines, which according to it's information gui should be plenty.
From what I've read the boring machine requires more torque than it says to break some(other mod added) blocks. I think the max the book says is 512 NM but some blocks require 1014 or 2048. don't remember which ones off hand, but you might consider adding a gear box or a CVT or an industrial coil to up the torque and see if that helps

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Another question..

In the DW20 1.6.4 pack, is there any way to pump liquids into the world?

An example of what I'm talking about would be if I had a bunch of liquid essence in a railcraft tank and I wanted to pump the essence out of the tank so it places a source block below a neutral nexus.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Another question..

An example of what I'm talking about would be if I had a bunch of liquid essence in a railcraft tank and I wanted to pump the essence out of the tank so it places a source block below a neutral nexus.
Autonomous activator With a bucket. Use a fluid transposer to fill the bucket.[DOUBLEPOST=1393177926][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there any way to transport items from one world to another with endernet?

Reactions: ZeCowMan

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Another question..

Buildcraft floodgate is probably easier than the autonomous activator. Just put it below the nexus and pipe fluids in and it should try to fill the area. You can also turn it off or on with redstone

Is there a way to get golems from Thaumcraft to interact with irontanks? I am trying to setup a factory and have golems work as factory workers and transport fuel liquids around. But it seems there is now way to make tallow golems use their buckets on anything else than crucibles and water sources.
Are you on 1.5? cause I don't think there is a way in thaumcraft 3. In thaumcraft 4 you might be able to do it with use or fill golems and a chest and some clever filters on the golems.

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange problem with logistics. My request pipe doesn't show all the items I have in all my chests. For example of 1 chest it shows only a couple of items.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Where in the configs can I specify which metal block gets crafted with ingots and vise versa?

When I craft copper and tin blocks it is the IC2 blocks that are crafted. I want to change that to TE and same with the ingots. If I convert a block back to ingots I get IC2 ingots. Where do I go to change it so it uses TE metals?

Pretty sure you can't. if you have Jabba or mariculture you can convert them (Jabba requires you have one of the ore dictionary compatible item you want)

Yes, you can. Use Minetweaker.

In main.cfg, make these changes:

Change "Admin" to your username. This will give you error messages to help identify the problem if it doesn't work properly.
Code:
# any error messages that might occur.
minetweaker.setAdmins("Admin", "MyAdminBuddy");

Add this line:
Code:
# Add your commands here
include "metalblocks.cfg";

Now, create a cfg file named metalblocks in the same directory, and put in the below code.

This removes the other tin and copper block recipes, so you should only be able to craft the TE ones.
Code:
recipes.remove(<3174:8>);
recipes.remove(<3476>);
recipes.remove(<3174:2>);
recipes.remove(<3476:1>);

Let me know if it works. Also, these IDs are for the Monster package. If you are using something else, just change the number in the brackets to what the ID is in your package; include the metadata like I did.

Last edited:

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
How can I remove taint? I have a big patch of it going underground. I read it's because of a dark aura node. But I cant see it with the thaumometer on the surface. Can it be underground ? How do I destroy it ? Will destroying it be enough to clean the terrain? How long does it take ? CanEthereal Bloom help ? Do I ask too many questions ? :D

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
How can I remove taint? I have a big patch of it going underground. I read it's because of a dark aura node. But I cant see it with the thaumometer on the surface. Can it be underground ? How do I destroy it ? Will destroying it be enough to clean the terrain? How long does it take ? CanEthereal Bloom help ? Do I ask too many questions ? :D
Either plant a Silverwood Tree with a pure node or Ethereal Blooms nearby. Destroying the terrain does very little because the taint is in the biome, not the actual blocks. The time to clean the terrain depends on the amount of taint, but it's pretty fast.

Reactions: guiguilyon

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm playing with Thaumcraft 4 for the first time, and I just decided to mine one of those Obsidian Totems. This time, though, when I mined the top block, it made a weird noise, had a burst animation, and dropped some essence. What did I just screw up, and how badly?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm playing with Thaumcraft 4 for the first time, and I just decided to mine one of those Obsidian Totems. This time, though, when I mined the top block, it made a weird noise, had a burst animation, and dropped some essence. What did I just screw up, and how badly?
You just broke the node that was on top of the block. Now you can't use it to regenerate your wands. But, if it was on a Totem it might be a negative node. Maybe it was good that you destroyed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
As mudkip said it was a node, there should be one on top every Tuamcraft added obsidian totem. The ones on top of the totems are usually sinister node which can change the biome to eerie which causes certain mobs to spawn (like wisps) and counts as a magical biome for spawning purposes (witches and Pech) and for mana bean production. They can be captured like normal nodes when you get to that, but I usually just mine them, the stuff they drop is useful and you can always let the biome change fully before you mine them if you really want it.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft floodgate is probably easier than the autonomous activator. Just put it below the nexus and pipe fluids in and it should try to fill the area. You can also turn it off or on with redstone

Awesome. That is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thank you!

Thank you trajing as well. That would have worked if it weren't for the energy requirement for the liquid transposer.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Because I don't think anyone saw my question earlier, can I send items from one ssp save to another using endernet?

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
As mudkip said it was a node, there should be one on top every Tuamcraft added obsidian totem. The ones on top of the totems are usually sinister node which can change the biome to eerie which causes certain mobs to spawn (like wisps) and counts as a magical biome for spawning purposes (witches and Pech) and for mana bean production. They can be captured like normal nodes when you get to that, but I usually just mine them, the stuff they drop is useful and you can always let the biome change fully before you mine them if you really want it.
Is there any way to change the biome from Eerie back to Savanna (what the surroundings are)?