Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I have crafted the single colored blue portal gun (being in the hard difficulty) I only have the blue portal, I need the orange single colored gun to merge the two into the default gun. I'm asking how do I get the orange gun.
I think the orange gun is found as dungeon loot unless it is set to 0 in the config. But, I can fire both portals with the default blue gun using the Monster pack. What do you mean by hard difficulty? Which pack are you using?

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
I think the orange gun is found as dungeon loot unless it is set to 0 in the config. But, I can fire both portals with the default blue gun using the Monster pack. What do you mean by hard difficulty? Which pack are you using?

The server option is set to difficulty: hard. Like when you go into options on ssp and choose the difficulty. Hard is where you die if you are hungry instead of stopping at like 5 or two hearts.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The server option is set to difficulty: hard. Like when you go into options on ssp and choose the difficulty. Hard is where you die if you are hungry instead of stopping at like 5 or two hearts.
Being on hard has literally no effect on crafting recipes so stop saying your on hard it doesn't matter

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I checked in-game. When you craft the Default Portal gun, it is capable of firing both portals. You can smelt the Default Portal Gun to become a Single Color verison of its current color. To get it back to default, you combine Orange and Blue in the crafting grid. I'm not sure how you managed to get the Single Colour version if you crafted it.

Is this what you crafted?

uxXmA8y.png

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
I checked in-game. When you craft the Default Portal gun, it is capable of firing both portals. You can smelt the Default Portal Gun to become a Single Color verison of its current color. To get it back to default, you combine Orange and Blue in the crafting grid. I'm not sure how you managed to get the Single Colour version if you crafted it.

Is this what you crafted?

You know what I think I know what I did wrong. I used Mimicry on it thinking it would give me two guns. I didn't know about smelting it down to one color, so it must have acted like I smelted the default gun instead. I guess I screwed myself. Thanks ProfessorMudkip for your help.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
You know what I think I know what I did wrong. I used Mimicry on it thinking it would give me two guns. I didn't know about smelting it down to one color, so it must have acted like I smelted the default gun instead. I guess I screwed myself. Thanks ProfessorMudkip for your help.
Yes, it does seem to smelt it. If you duplicate logs they become charchoal, duplicated Sentry Turrets become Defective turrets (smelt recipe), and Natural Gas Vials become Propellant Gas Vials (smelt recipe).

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a post a few minutes ago and just tried to find it and I cant. Basically the question was "What do you feel the best add ons are for the modular power suits?" What do you guys use? Im making my components now.

MustardFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Where in the configs can I specify which metal block gets crafted with ingots and vise versa?

When I craft copper and tin blocks it is the IC2 blocks that are crafted. I want to change that to TE and same with the ingots. If I convert a block back to ingots I get IC2 ingots. Where do I go to change it so it uses TE metals?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Where in the configs can I specify which metal block gets crafted with ingots and vise versa?

When I craft copper and tin blocks it is the IC2 blocks that are crafted. I want to change that to TE and same with the ingots. If I convert a block back to ingots I get IC2 ingots. Where do I go to change it so it uses TE metals?
Pretty sure you can't. if you have Jabba or mariculture you can convert them (Jabba requires you have one of the ore dictionary compatible item you want)

Nostrand

Jul 29, 2019
alright so I am playing on a Monster (v1.0.9) server ad portal guns are not working. the probelm started when I created one and tried to shoot it at a block from the Chisel mod. this didn't work, but I let it go becuase this had been a problem earlier. Now the problem is that when I shoot the portal gun no portal comes out, the gun can pick up blocks and make the animation but no sound or portal comes from the gun. No one on the server can use portal guns either. we have also tried restarting.

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure most of the items you would need to scan are Vanilla or come from ThaumCraft itself, so that narrows the required items down a fair bit.
Have you tried scanning things like glass, diamonds, ender pearls and the like? I'm not too sure what's required for that research, but for item-teleporting mirrors.. pret-ty sure Vitreus-aspect items and ender pearls may be involved somewhere.
You never know, you might need to scan something that you make with ThaumCraft.

Do you know something about Bone Bow, i dont know what to scan to get it :(

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something I'm missing about the rotarycraft boring machine? I'm giving it power with three steam engines, which according to it's information gui should be plenty.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I'm looking for a good tutorial on Big Reactors and Computercraft control, has anyone come across such a thing?

Flaeye

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get golems from Thaumcraft to interact with irontanks? I am trying to setup a factory and have golems work as factory workers and transport fuel liquids around. But it seems there is now way to make tallow golems use their buckets on anything else than crucibles and water sources.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a bee breeding chart that included 1.6.4 versions of Magic Bees and Extra Bees? I remember using one a couple of worlds ago but they were for older versions and I can't find any anymore :(

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Do you know something about Bone Bow, i dont know what to scan to get it :(
To unlock the Bone Bow, just scan a bone - however, there's a glitch in the current Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack version of TC4.1 in that your "Clue" researches do not save between sessions - you probably logged off after scanning a bone.

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
To unlock the Bone Bow, just scan a bone - however, there's a glitch in the current Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack version of TC4.1 in that your "Clue" researches do not save between sessions - you probably logged off after scanning a bone.

i find bug whit runic armor you can scan it over and over again but thx