Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
What mod prevents you from having your xp carried over from the end through the portal? I know that in vanilla you can keep the xp you get there, but at least in DW20's pack it resets it to before you entered (and resets the TK added health for some reason)

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
In the new Thaumcraft 4.1, I don't know what to do to unlock mirror magic, I've already unlocked infusion. I heard somewhere that there is an item I need to scan to unlock the hidden research?

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
In the new Thaumcraft 4.1, I don't know what to do to unlock mirror magic, I've already unlocked infusion. I heard somewhere that there is an item I need to scan to unlock the hidden research?
Pretty sure most of the items you would need to scan are Vanilla or come from ThaumCraft itself, so that narrows the required items down a fair bit.
Have you tried scanning things like glass, diamonds, ender pearls and the like? I'm not too sure what's required for that research, but for item-teleporting mirrors.. pret-ty sure Vitreus-aspect items and ender pearls may be involved somewhere.
You never know, you might need to scan something that you make with ThaumCraft.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone have ideas on why some recipes would disappear and reappear in NEI?

I thought that just some recipes were not working for me, but today I was in the process of making a plate bender, logged out so my daughter could play an SSP world, and when I got back on my server later... no plate bender recipe. I didnt even restart minecraft. Really weird. I can log into my server with my laptop and recipes load fine, so iit's something local to my PC.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What mod prevents you from having your xp carried over from the end through the portal? I know that in vanilla you can keep the xp you get there, but at least in DW20's pack it resets it to before you entered (and resets the TK added health for some reason)
I've had this occur in Unleashed as well. I actually suspect it's a bug in Tinker's Construct since (as you pointed out) it also resets extra health. It's no much of a bother, though, so I've never actually attempted to confirm that suspicion by disabling TiC and testing if that behavior persists.[DOUBLEPOST=1393081422][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would anyone have ideas on why some recipes would disappear and reappear in NEI?

I thought that just some recipes were not working for me, but today I was in the process of making a plate bender, logged out so my daughter could play an SSP world, and when I got back on my server later... no plate bender recipe. I didnt even restart minecraft. Really weird. I can log into my server with my laptop and recipes load fine, so iit's something local to my PC.
Double check that you don't have any filters active on NEI. If that's not the problem, it's probably a local config problem. Easiest solution is to just grab the NEI configs from a fresh download of one of the 1.6 packs and drop them into place.

Last edited:

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this occur in Unleashed as well. I actually suspect it's a bug in Tinker's Construct since (as you pointed out) it also resets extra health. It's no much of a bother, though, so I've never actually attempted to confirm that suspicion by disabling TiC and testing if that behavior persists.[DOUBLEPOST=1393081422][/DOUBLEPOST]
Double check that you don't have any filters active on NEI. If that's not the problem, it's probably a local config problem. Easiest solution is to just grab the NEI configs from a fresh download of one of the 1.6 packs and drop them into place.

Well what is weird is that it changes if i close the ftb launcher and restart. That made me think it was not some config file issue. Ill try it though.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019

I've seen a similar thing in Horizons going between the Deep Dark and the Overworld. But once I collected XP in the overworld, it would correct itself. For example, I would have 40 levels in the Deep Dark, head back home and have zero. But as soon is I collected XP at home, BAM, got my 40 levels back again.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a similar thing in Horizons going between the Deep Dark and the Overworld. But once I collected XP in the overworld, it would correct itself. For example, I would have 40 levels in the Deep Dark, head back home and have zero. But as soon is I collected XP at home, BAM, got my 40 levels back again.

Not in the end, it resets back to the orgininal, pre-end xp levels (e.g. started with lvl 16, filled in the end to lvl 30, returned, had lvl 16)

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guys go to the bottom of this link: http://pastebin.com/36eEuifY and tell me why it is saying, "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" and "[WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 3229 to go!" It's giving me lag :/

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Can you guys go to the bottom of this link: http://pastebin.com/36eEuifY and tell me why it is saying, "Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" and "[WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 3229 to go!" It's giving me lag :/
It seems like you are using to many mods for your computer and your current settings. If try either upping the amount of memory your giving it or switching to the lite pack

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted a single color Portal Gun (blue) on Hard difficulty, now how do I get the Orange portal gun so I can combine the two? (Monster 1.10)

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
The controls are set in the config file and there is no such key to switch colors. Could someone help me that actually knows what they are talking about.
You just left click or right click to make the different colour portals. The gun changes colour to show you which portal you fired last.

Also, please be polite. He was trying to help you.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
You just left click or right click to make the different colour portals. The gun changes colour to show you which portal you fired last.

I have crafted the single colored blue portal gun (being in the hard difficulty) I only have the blue portal, I need the orange single colored gun to merge the two into the default gun. I'm asking how do I get the orange gun.