Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
This question has probably been asked a lot, but how do i set a waypoint in direworlf20? I have tried + and - but it won't work for me...

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
This question has probably been asked a lot, but how do i set a waypoint in direworlf20? I have tried + and - but it won't work for me...
Zorn is right, Opis is the default for DW20. Rei is not part of it.

I prefer Zan's Minimap other both Rei and Opis. You can enable it by clicking "edit modpack" after clicking Direwolf20 on the launcher. Then, click Zans Minimap and click the Enable button, and close that window and launch it. The default key to open Zan's menu is M, which is already bound to a map. Go into the controls and change "VoxelMap Menu" to something not taken to configure it to your liking. The default key to open the Waypoint GUI is B. The default key to open the large map is X. If Opis' minimap is overlapping Zan's minimap, press N twice and it should toggle it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing DW20 1.6.4 and I have that serum.. You may want to look at getting it from another bee? I don't have the bee you mentioned.
You have the Blinding production speed serum? Any idea which bee you got it from? After some looking around last night, the only bee I could find that had it was the Blitz bee. I'm currently using "Fastest" which is 170%, but why not try for that extra 30% if I can?

Source: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Speed

Edit: Of course, looking at it now, I know I got Fastest from another Bee type than the Aura bee. I want to say it was the Aer aspect thaumcraft bee?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You have the Blinding production speed serum? Any idea which bee you got it from? After some looking around last night, the only bee I could find that had it was the Blitz bee. I'm currently using "Fastest" which is 170%, but why not try for that extra 30% if I can?

Source: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Speed

Edit: Of course, looking at it now, I know I got Fastest from another Bee type than the Aura bee. I want to say it was the Aer aspect thaumcraft bee?

Opps... I guess I missread. I thought you couldn't get fastest. As for blinding I don't know. I will have to give that one a try. BTW: I think Aer and Aura are the same bee. Aer is for TC4 Aura for TC3. I was breeding for Aura and came up with Aer instead.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to convert mob essence to liquid XP? The reason why I want to know is I plan on using a MFR grinder to collect xp and I want to switch it over to liquid xp so I can store it in my liquid xp tank.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Fixed now!
I can click Q and it will drop. It seems than it just fixed itself, don't know how...
Thanks anyway though! :)
You probably Alt-Tabbed with InvTweaks shortcuts on - the game (and in turn, InvTweaks) would think you still have ALT held down, and InvTweaks will drop an item when you click it when you're holding Alt. I prefer to play with InvTweaks shortcuts off, actually - the middle-click sort is all I really need, and that doesn't even disable when you turn off the shortcuts. (Also, the mouse-wheel scrolling is part of NEI, not InvTweaks - and in turn, will also not disable when you turn off shortcuts)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
You probably Alt-Tabbed with InvTweaks shortcuts on - the game (and in turn, InvTweaks) would think you still have ALT held down, and InvTweaks will drop an item when you click it when you're holding Alt. I prefer to play with InvTweaks shortcuts off, actually - the middle-click sort is all I really need, and that doesn't even disable when you turn off the shortcuts. (Also, the mouse-wheel scrolling is part of NEI, not InvTweaks - and in turn, will also not disable when you turn off shortcuts)
Probably, thanks! :)

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
In Thaumic Tinkerer 1.08 (the last version for 1.5 and Thaumcraft 3), does the Soul Mould distinguish between adult mobs and baby mobs of the same type? Would be an easy animal farm setup if I could just whisk all the babies off somewhere upon birth.

(The Soul Mould is a filter for the Advanced Thaumostatic Magnetizer) EDIT: Yay it does!

Awesome! This has been bugging me, my solution to that has been exit and reload the world. Pressing "alt" again seems much easier, haha.

Last edited:

Bellwar

Jul 29, 2019
In new thaumcraft will hide researchs unlock when you had scaned items that you need for unlocking hiden ones?

Tdubz

Jul 29, 2019
In new thaumcraft will hide researchs unlock when you had scaned items that you need for unlocking hiden ones?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. So when you scan hide with your Thaumometer, you want to know if you unlock hidden items?

When you scan a hide with your thaumometer you will gain essentia on your research table for the following:

Beastia(beast) / Pannus (cloth) / Tutamen (armor)

Also check this page out for more info on the essentia:
http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects

Hope that helps.
Tdubz

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
You are asking about the hidden researches that only become available when you scan a specific item, yes? I think you still have to make and complete the note or pay for the upgrade as normal. I am not 100% sure on this though as I have not done much with TC4.1 other than fail to install it but that's what Dire's spotlight made it sound like.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound like a stupid question,but can regular solar panels transfer energy to an MFSU or any other kind of EU storage? I tried using glass fiber cables, but it didn't seem to work.

edit: Yeah, I tried it out in a test world and it worked. I suspect I accidentally connected the cable into the output section of the MFSU when I tried it the first time. thx for the help

Last edited:

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
This may sound like a stupid question,but can regular solar panels transfer energy to an MFSU or any other kind of EU storage? I tried using glass fiber cables, but it didn't seem to work.
They should be able to..

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Could you take a picture of your setup so we can see if you have done anything incorrectly?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. So when you scan hide with your Thaumometer, you want to know if you unlock hidden items?

When you scan a hide with your thaumometer you will gain essentia on your research table for the following:

Beastia(beast) / Pannus (cloth) / Tutamen (armor)

Also check this page out for more info on the essentia:
http://ftbwiki.org/List_of_Aspects

Hope that helps.
Tdubz

I'm not certain but I think he was referring to hidden research.

axelwink

Jul 29, 2019
How can I best be of use to the FTB team in helping. Like what can I do to support them other than donating. I can do what ever you guys need. Just give me a call.

copycath

Jul 29, 2019
im having trouble with my server. when i start it for a second it flashes Error:Unable to access jarfile ftbserver.jar for about a quarter of a second
just by looking at walkthroughs on youtube it appears that not all the files are in the modpack^blablablabla

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else ever get problems with NEI addons, specifically with Applied Energistics?

I always use my crafting terminal in NEI Syncronized Auto mode but for some reason, in the last two days, it has stopped looking up the corresponding recipe in NEI. Strangely, it will work if I toggle between the various search modes, but will stop again as soon as I type something in. Very frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas?

Infallible

N.B I am playing on the monster pack