Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I was attempting to duplicate clay blocks with redstone, but I will try the nether star was well.
I am able to duplicate clay with redstone using the Tome in Monster 1.0.9. Press U on the Tome. Is the clay recipe visible in NEI? Are you on a server or singleplayer? When you try to craft it, is the right side empty? Or, is it visible but you cannot pick it up?

uEleJR7.png

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Does any1 know a good way to store the Saplings from forestry and extra trees? file cabinets don't seem to work and i dont rly want to start with AE yet (also i don't understand why file cabinets don't work as they do for bees thought they only check item ID's)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Does any1 know a good way to store the Saplings from forestry and extra trees? file cabinets don't seem to work and i dont rly want to start with AE yet (also i don't understand why file cabinets don't work as they do for bees thought they only check item ID's)
Arboretists Chest.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Sengir is way ahead of you. The Arborist's Chest is exactly the same as the Apiarist's Chest, but stores saplings instead of bees. It's got 125 slots and is cheap to make.

That said, 90% of saplings you get from tree breeding aren't particularly useful, so I'd honestly throw them in a recycler or something (or just a trash can).

EDIT: totally late to the party on this answer.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Do Thaumcraft Nodes regenerate slower the more aspect types there are inside of it?
No, a node of a particular speed (Bright, Normal, or Pale) regenerates at the same speed as any other node of the same speed. It randomly picks one of the aspects in the node to regen. If it has more aspects, there's less chance that one particular aspect will be the one to regenerate, which is probably what you're witnessing.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
No, a node of a particular speed (Bright, Normal, or Pale) regenerates at the same speed as any other node of the same speed. It randomly picks one of the aspects in the node to regen. If it has more aspects, there's less chance that one particular aspect will be the one to regenerate, which is probably what you're witnessing.

Well, by that reasoning, if only one aspect is regenerating every few ticks, then nodes with more aspects would regenerate more slowly... sort of. :D

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I have three converted biome areas, and they are all 17x17.
Curious: what version of thaumcraft did you plant them in? Also did they have pure nodes, and if so were the pure nodes in the trunk or branches. I ask because I was recently changing a desert biome into Magical forest for bees and general build purposes and I only experienced the change in a 15x15 area.

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
How do I move the armor status hud? it's covering chat names and really annoying. amui doesn't seem to work. running horizons 2.01

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Harumph, will have to science them later if no one has actually looked at the code.

New Question, may or may not be simple:
Where is all my player data stored? Stuff has changed since I last did much .dat editing. I ask because I am trying to change a node (in a jar) and have changed the nbt data in savename/player/hiroshi42 several times and had no luck. I am aware that there is a mod that allows me to change the nodes in game, but I am also painfully aware that it is somewhat violently unstable (it crashes if it completes the upgrade while you are not looking at it/near it) harumph might not have been just that mod

Last edited:

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I move the armor status hud? it's covering chat names and really annoying. amui doesn't seem to work. running horizons 2.01
If you mean the HUD from "Armor Status HUD" mod, go to the config file for it. There will be a line for the HUD position, and it will have a value like "bottomleft". Change it to "middleleft" or whatever portion of the screen you want it in; you can modify this by the offset values in the config file as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1392926532][/DOUBLEPOST]
Harumph, will have to science them later if no one has actually looked at the code.

New Question, may or may not be simple:
Where is all my player data stored? Stuff has changed since I last did much .dat editing. I ask because I am trying to change a node (in a jar) and have changed the nbt data in savename/player/hiroshi42 several times and had no luck. I am aware that there is a mod that allows me to change the nodes in game, but I am also painfully aware that it is somewhat violently unstable (it crashes if it completes the upgrade while you are not looking at it/near it)
Some of it is in your player.dat; some of it is in level.dat. Not sure on specifics, but you'll likely need to dig into both to do whatever you're trying to accomplish. Node data is probably in the appropriate region/chunk file, as it's an actual block with metadata/NBT data. I think. Probably.

I'm sure you already know to back up your world before doing all this, just adding this as a disclaimer for anyone else who is thinking of trying this variety of voodoo.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Some of it is in your player.dat; some of it is in level.dat. Not sure on specifics, but you'll likely need to dig into both to do whatever you're trying to accomplish. Node data is probably in the appropriate region/chunk file, as it's an actual block with metadata/NBT data. I think. Probably.

I'm sure you already know to back up your world before doing all this, just adding this as a disclaimer for anyone else who is thinking of trying this variety of voodoo.
That would explain why my inventory was wiped when I restored my level.dat_old file.
Also: that did it, changed the entry in both the player.dat and the player entry in level.dat.

It has been too long since I did any of this stuff-bleh

Last edited:

Nostrand

Jul 29, 2019
I am able to duplicate clay with redstone using the Tome in Monster 1.0.9. Press U on the Tome. Is the clay recipe visible in NEI? Are you on a server or singleplayer? When you try to craft it, is the right side empty? Or, is it visible but you cannot pick it up?

uEleJR7.png
Yeah I had tried pressing U to bring up the recipes and they just did not show up. I am playing on a server, but it's only me and a couple of people and I know that the owner did not edit the config files. The recipe doesn't even show the clay on the right.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I had tried pressing U to bring up the recipes and they just did not show up. I am playing on a server, but it's only me and a couple of people and I know that the owner did not edit the config files. The recipe doesn't even show the clay on the right.
If NEI does not display the recipe and the right side is blank, it might be disabled on the client. Did you make any changes to anything? Is anyone on the server able to craft this recipe? If you go into singleplayer, can you craft it?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
kkwSuSl.png
What should I do about the dyes, saplings (NEVER PLACING A RAINBOW SAPLING AGAIN!), and logs?
Use the blue dye to make blue wool and put it in the pulverizer to get lapis. You can also do this with black wool to get ink sacs, if you need those for Thaumcraft or something. Use the logs to make charcoal for energy.