Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
If you are on 1.2.0+ versions of Mariculture, BC Power is not accepted, only Redstone Flux. If you are not and on an earlier version, you'd need two BC Engines are they are not as efficient at doing the job as a dynamo would be. I recommend using a dynamo.

I thought dynamos were set to run just as efficient as BC engines are? Did something get changed?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I thought dynamos were set to run just as efficient as BC engines are? Did something get changed?
You probably need to agree on which efficiency you are talking about first. Is it fuel efficiency, space efficiency or something else? I believe the dynamos was "doubled up" in output/consumption at some point to reduce the number of them required to have running to save on server/PC resources.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
You probably need to agree on which efficiency you are talking about first. Is it fuel efficiency, space efficiency or something else? I believe the dynamos was "doubled up" in output/consumption at some point to reduce the number of them required to have running to save on server/PC resources.

I was looking for fuel efficiency. I read aobut a BC/railcraft fuel nerf, but i think the wikis all have the old numbers. So I cant tell how to compare dynamos to bc engines and boilers.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there any way to change the owner of a TE3 strongbox? I created one while I was not logged in properly and it is owned by my email address instead of my Minecraft user name. Not a big problem, just slightly untidy.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there any way to change the owner of a TE3 strongbox? I created one while I was not logged in properly and it is owned by my email address instead of my Minecraft user name. Not a big problem, just slightly untidy.
I dont think so. That would kinda counter the purpose of the strongbox if you could just go and change ownership of them.
If you were able to recreate the login error though, you could log in and empty+break the strongbox, store it all in a normal chest, then log back in normally again.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
If you are in single-player or an op, you can just break it with creative mode and replace it and its contents.

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some sort of wireless switch?
I know there's the handheld variety, but basically I want to put a 2 switch's on this stone wall, that control my soul cage and auto spawner.

FTBQ1.png

Also a few questions about my boiler setup.

FTBQ2.png

FTBQ3.png

I have 2 boilers at the moment, hoping to be 3, all serving different functions.
Is there a way to turn a boiler off? Or stop it from accepting biofuel. I don't want a quarry boiler burning fuel when the quarries got nothing to do.

Regarding my EU boiler in the pictures, the output keeps flipping between 0 and 512 EU, is this normal?

Also is there better setup I could be using?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
For the wireless switch: Put a lever on the wall, put a wireless transmitter behind it. Put a wireless receiver on the spawner. Set them both to the same frequency. Do this for each lever. Either put a space between them or divide them with covers so they don't interact with each other.

Turning a boiler off wastes fuel required to heat it back up. Boilers are meant to be on all the time. Although boilers are easier now because the changes to the heat system and the addition of the firestone, it's still true.

I can't tell if that is HP or LP because of the texture pack. If it's an HP boiler, it makes 720 steam; 360 for LP. Each Fluiduct (TE) can transfer 100mb (unless it was changed again). So, if you were using Fluiducts, you'd need 8 separate connectors for HP or 4 for LP to output its maximum. Your setup has 6, and the top four are shared. Do not share connectors.

The output is flipping between 0 and 512 because it is not receiving enough steam to be constantly on. It's not normal.

EDIT: I made this pretty picture for you. I was trying to test the boilers for you, but it seems that the Monster package nerfs steam in the power converter. Which pack are you using?
7VydXII.png

agTo5pQ.png

Last edited:

Killface177

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering.. Is there a limit as to how far Silverwood converts into a Magic Forest around? Well, more so what IS the limit. I know there is one.

Edit: If this effects anything, I am converting from a Swampland biome.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering.. Is there a limit as to how far Silverwood converts into a Magic Forest around? Well, more so what IS the limit. I know there is one.

Edit: If this effects anything, I am converting from a Swampland biome.
It's something like a 17x17 square with the grown Silverwood tree in the center, give or take a block or so. And the biome it's in shouldn't affect it that much.

Reactions: Killface177

Killface177

Jul 29, 2019
In my world, a lone Silverwood tree in a Plains biome extended a Magical Forest biome in a 15x15 area around itself (7 blocks from each side of the tree). Keep in mind that it only changes the biome if the node is Pure.
I understand the concept of how, I just didn't understand how far it extended. Thanks!

Nostrand

Jul 29, 2019
While using Monster (v1.0.9) I created a Tome of Alkahest from Xeno Requilary. But I am unable to use the any of the recipes that allow you to "duplicate" items with the consumption of another. Is this a bug or was it disabled by deafult and if so how would I turn it back on?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
While using Monster (v1.0.9) I created a Tome of Alkahest from Xeno Requilary. But I am unable to use the any of the recipes that allow you to "duplicate" items with the consumption of another. Is this a bug or was it disabled by deafult and if so how would I turn it back on?
Duplicating a Nether star works fine for me. What are you trying to duplicate and how are you crafting it?