Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why applied energisitcs has problems with large crafting recipes, when ever I create HV solar it just bugs out sometimes, but has all resources to make mats and all recipes. Like something simple like this http://imgur.com/p6PR0JM[DOUBLEPOST=1392529557][/DOUBLEPOST]It was stuck right there, also.
You might have a recipe incompatibility (like it needing a full battery instead of an empty one for generators) so you might look there. You also might want to try crafting in stages or set up some sort of non-request auto-crafting system. From what I remember HV solars require an huge amount of crafting, the operation might just be timing out if it is failing in the middle.

Hey guys, how do i charge a power suit? trye sticking it in a CESU and a geothermal generaotr with no succed
If you are using MPS check what IC2 level it needs, you might have set it too high for the power system you have set up.

BarSlayer1

Jul 29, 2019
You might have a recipe incompatibility (like it needing a full battery instead of an empty one for generators) so you might look there. You also might want to try crafting in stages or set up some sort of non-request auto-crafting system. From what I remember HV solars require an huge amount of crafting, the operation might just be timing out if it is failing in the middle.

If you are using MPS check what IC2 level it needs, you might have set it too high for the power system you have set up.
ah kk, that might be it. i do have it set to 3 thinking it will help have more power. tnx!

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an AM2 spell component which help you to hit/aim? It can get kinda tricky trying to hit someone running around with a powersuit.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, "Heat Seeking" would be awesome...
5eby8ude.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Neoharvester

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing FTB Monster 1.0.5 and was wondering what's the best mod to move a massive amount of blocks in formation? I was going to use BC builders but I hear that's still broken. Qcraft moves too little. I'm trying to move a mountain to a different continent. Power and time really aren't an issue but I have no idea what's the best way to go about doing this.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing FTB Monster 1.0.5 and was wondering what's the best mod to move a massive amount of blocks in formation? I was going to use BC builders but I hear that's still broken. Qcraft moves too little. I'm trying to move a mountain to a different continent. Power and time really aren't an issue but I have no idea what's the best way to go about doing this.
I THINK that you can use AE's spatial storage. Not sure though.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I was thinking that but I can't find the Spatial Pylons in NEI or the Spatial IO port in NEI. Or a crafting recipe on the AE wiki.
They're disabled by default. I'd say you could use either mffs by using a custom design taking down the mountain and putting it up somewhere else. Or blood magic teleposers... It would take a while but it would work

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I've read somewhere on this forum that by changing the write access of the configuration text files to read only will prevent the configs from being changed when I update mods?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Arent personal anchors supposed to shut off after the player logs off? For some reason, they are keeping chunks loaded after I log off of the game. Anyone have experience with these that might shed some light on why they would act like world anchors?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Arent personal anchors supposed to shut off after the player logs off? For some reason, they are keeping chunks loaded after I log off of the game. Anyone have experience with these that might shed some light on why they would act like world anchors?
Yes. Personal Anchors prevent chunks from being unloaded, but do not forceload chunks. They unload their chunks when the player logs off, so the chunks must be loaded again by something else to work.

Perhaps this is doing it? It's in the ChickenChunks config. If you are in the area when you log off, it seems to keep the chunks loaded by your player forever.

Code:
#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=0

Last edited:

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Personal Anchors prevent chunks from being unloaded, but do not forceload chunks. They unload their chunks when the player logs off, so the chunks must be loaded again by something else to work.

Perhaps this is doing it? It's in the ChickenChunks config. If you are in the area when you log off, it seems to keep the chunks loaded by your player forever.

Code:
#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=0

I have chicken chunks disabled in dw20 though, weird. For some reason my base is still running when I log off, but i only have personal anchors in the area. I have one world anchor a bit away from me, just to keep the overworld loaded on the server. Strange.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have chicken chunks disabled in dw20 though, weird. For some reason my base is still running when I log off, but i only have personal anchors in the area. I have one world anchor a bit away from me, just to keep the overworld loaded on the server. Strange.
Did you by any chance build in or near spawn? By default the game will always keep a large area around the original spawn loaded at all times. This is sometimes being referred to as "spawn chunks".