Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
What biome do Natura Silverbell trees spawn in? Also Acacia and Fusewood.

Note that they only spawn in vanilla biomes and I'm not referring to BoP variants.

Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB unleashed whats the fastest way to autocraft plant balls?
I'm a big fan of the Cyclic Assembler from TE. It requires 2 MJ/craft, so you'll need a little power, but just plonking down a filled redstone energy cell will give you 300,000 crafts. That's a lot of plant balls. The ease of automation and the incredible crafting speed more than make up for the incidental energy cost.

doxastic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of the Cyclic Assembler from TE. It requires 2 MJ/craft, so you'll need a little power, but just plonking down a filled redstone energy cell will give you 300,000 crafts. That's a lot of plant balls. The ease of automation and the incredible crafting speed more than make up for the incidental energy cost.
Thank you soo much. I was already trying to set up a secondary AE system to have it set to crafting 1m+ of them so it would craft as they come in.[DOUBLEPOST=1392268876][/DOUBLEPOST]AE system question for unleashed. I have a me interface going to macerator then interface to furnace. That's how I double my ingots and autocraft the things I need. Now that I piled up 50k+ ores I want the system to craft faster. But if I set it to make 5000 iron ingots and then set it to make same amount of gold ingots the iron ingots process drops. Anyway to have it accept more then one job like that at same time?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you soo much. I was already trying to set up a secondary AE system to have it set to crafting 1m+ of them so it would craft as they come in.[DOUBLEPOST=1392268876][/DOUBLEPOST]AE system question for unleashed. I have a me interface going to macerator then interface to furnace. That's how I double my ingots and autocraft the things I need. Now that I piled up 50k+ ores I want the system to craft faster. But if I set it to make 5000 iron ingots and then set it to make same amount of gold ingots the iron ingots process drops. Anyway to have it accept more then one job like that at same time?
If you're swimming in that many resources to begin with, why not set up a macerator/furnace combo for each metal? If you're going to do it, you may as well overdo it. Isn't that the FTB way?

Silent-Hunter

Jul 29, 2019
Why did my IDSU explode? I didn't have anywhere near the max EU entering it, but it blew up anyway and had to restore a backup of my server.

doxastic

Jul 29, 2019
Thae=se "Tristam Izumi, post: 557712, member: 71359"]If you're swimming in that many resources to begin with, why not set up a macerator/furnace combo for each metal? If you're going to do it, you may as well overdo it. Isn't that the FTB way?[/quote]
Thats
If you're swimming in that many resources to begin with, why not set up a macerator/furnace combo for each metal? If you're going to do it, you may as well overdo it. Isn't that the FTB way?
Because I want to set up 10± items in ques before I go somewhere.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
got a question about wiki's

I am trying to figure out which tree is best for bio-fuel production. And because fruit juice is a catalyst I'm trying to figure out the best tree to breed.

So far I have found some information.

This page list the amount of juice a fruit produces: http://ftbwiki.org/Fruit_Juice
But I can not find anything on the trees in that wiki I can find information in this page of another wiki: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Fruits

I want have the fruit yield of the tree and amount of juice per fruit pre species in one page. (unless someone already has this information)
How can I do this without offending the wiki gods?

Just to add to what @MigukNamja said about breeding - I once made this spreadsheet. Because I am crazy for data like that.

It includes only base trees, but it gives you something to go by when you want to set up an ethanol and/or wood production early, before you get into time-consuming trait crossing.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Does a node being pale prevent it from converting biomes? or is the nether a biome that can't be converted?
(Asking for pure and sinister nodes)

Zuthilios

Jul 29, 2019
How long do magical crops take to grow, specifically coal.
And what is the essence wand used for?

Thanks for your help!

doxastic

Jul 29, 2019
1)What is the most effective in the time to mine ores. A MFFS or a Laser drill. Don't care about the energy consumption. The MFFS i built goes through 32x70x1 area in about 30 seconds

2) I got an adjustable transformer feeding all my electric furnaces. With overclockers and them working all the time they are dying out. Right now the adjustable transformer is set to packet size of 32 eu and transfer rate of 512EU. Can someone explain what is what? Can I double the transfer rate?

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
If energy consumption really isn't an issue then I assume the Laser Drill would be better since you can just make more of them, because they create ores rather than mine them so they never need to be moved.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Question: Does a node being pale prevent it from converting biomes? or is the nether a biome that can't be converted?
(Asking for pure and sinister nodes)
Pure nodes don't convert biomes but silver wood trees, which have pure nodes in them, do convert biomes.

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
What "unlocks" the entry for the nexus in the arcane compendium in ars magica 2? Somehow I seem to have missed it despite having numorous items that need essence for power unlocks and built.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Why did my IDSU explode? I didn't have anywhere near the max EU entering it, but it blew up anyway and had to restore a backup of my server.

Is this for 1.6 or an older version? If it's the most recent version than make sure that you understand that the E-net for IC2 has changed. IC2 no longer uses "packets"; instead all generators/energy storage units will add their energy together. So 4 Generators will combine to send 40 eu down a line instead of four 10 eu packets.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What "unlocks" the entry for the nexus in the arcane compendium in ars magica 2? Somehow I seem to have missed it despite having numorous items that need essence for power unlocks and built.
I had unlocking problems, are you playing SMP/LAN? Apparently there are bugs in AM2 regarding multiplayer and unlocking, the usual solution is to unlock everything in the config.